The online racing simulator
GT World Series 2014: Round 4 Race Discussion

Round 4 of the 2014 GT World Series, the 12 Hours of Aston Grand Touring.

Race Date: 11 January 2014, 12:00 UTC
Official Circuit Diagram
Spotter's Guide, courtesy of Stuart "Bean0" Baker

Please use the indicated sectors of track when you are filing protests, or other reports to officials. The administration will use those sector names to indicate incident conditions.

Discuss!
-
(Intrex1020) DELETED by Intrex1020 : nvm got
I will be using http://www.wunderground.com/q/locid:UKXX4597 to judge whether or not wind will be in effect for Race Day.

I will be considering the forecast wind for that Saturday / Saturday Night / Sunday timespan in deciding.

As of this writing, the forecast for Aston, United Kingdom calls for wind speeds in the 10-15mph range; this would equate to low wind.

High wind will never be used, as it is where the wind model is really broken. At low speeds, it's reasonable. Wind speed varies slightly during the session, as well as direction, but of course we can never know what it will actually be until starting the session.

Low wind will generally be used if the forecast calls for wind speeds at and over 10 mph, possibly if the forecast has winds between 5-10 mph. Calm wind forecasted would equate to no wind.

Wind will NEVER be used in qualifying. Official determination of wind or none will be made following the conclusion of the second qualifying session.
Quote from dekojester :High wind will never be used, as it is where the wind model is really broken. At low speeds, it's reasonable.

So you know its broken, and even with GT2's its not exactly "low speed" so i wouldnt say its reasonable. Its not worth using wind at all.
#6 - CSF
High wind is the only thing that might make the races interesting.
Quote from CSF :High wind is the only thing that might make the races interesting.

and walls.
#8 - IMOL
wants to add a chicane to avoid incidents in last chicane

is thinking about adding wind.

I don't see the logic.
u all wrong, rolling is future !
Quote from xtraction :So you know its broken, and even with GT2's its not exactly "low speed" so i wouldnt say its reasonable. Its not worth using wind at all.

It's not "broken" as in unusable, it's just not the most ideal. "Broken" was the wrong word to use, it's more of an unfinished model. I'm glad you decided to pick apart my statement.

Real racers man up and deal with whatever is thrown at them; hotlappers complain when variability is thrown in.

And Ray, you've again misunderstood what the purpose of the chicane was!

E: The only accident of major proportions caused by wind was in the GTAL race at KY3 where the first four cars went off at T9, then someone came back onto the racing line, and others ignored yellow flags, causing massive carnage.

If I had the defeatist attitude that so many in LFS have had for the last years, I'd have closed NDR sometime in 2010.
I wasn't going to comment here, because I got my quota of whinging completely used up on the layout thread. But anyway personally I'd rather the wind wasn't used, it's not like wind in real life, and it's pretty frustrating sometimes to practice with 1 condition for a race, then it gets changed when you grid for the race. But I wasn't going to complain about it, afterall it's almost the same(different cars are affected slightly differently) for everyone. But I guess my problem is the way you're doing it. You're changing it because you feel like it, because you are bored, without taking into account what other drivers, the people who actually have to drive the race, the people you need for a successful events opinion. And then to top it all of, you come across in your post like that you are somehow better, you know better than people who actually drive.

I'm definitely not speaking for everyone, only myself - but if there was a poll, then the most popular option would be chosen and there would be nothing to complain about. If you'd added it before the start of the season, then anyone who signs up is agree'ing to your rules, nothing to complain about once again. I think people complain as much because of how you're doing what you're doing, rather than because of what it is you're trying to do. I'm not going to get dragged into some sort of forum war this time though, just my 2 cents ^
Quote from IsaacPrice :I wasn't going to comment here, because I got my quota of whinging completely used up on the layout thread. But anyway personally I'd rather the wind wasn't used, it's not like wind in real life, and it's pretty frustrating sometimes to practice with 1 condition for a race, then it gets changed when you grid for the race. But I wasn't going to complain about it, afterall it's almost the same(different cars are affected slightly differently) for everyone. But I guess my problem is the way you're doing it. You're changing it because you feel like it, because you are bored, without taking into account what other drivers, the people who actually have to drive the race, the people you need for a successful events opinion. And then to top it all of, you come across in your post like that you are somehow better, you know better than people who actually drive.

I'm definitely not speaking for everyone, only myself - but if there was a poll, then the most popular option would be chosen and there would be nothing to complain about. If you'd added it before the start of the season, then anyone who signs up is agree'ing to your rules, nothing to complain about once again. I think people complain as much because of how you're doing what you're doing, rather than because of what it is you're trying to do. I'm not going to get dragged into some sort of forum war this time though, just my 2 cents ^

Gotta agree with Isaac Well written
Quote from IsaacPrice :I wasn't going to comment here, because I got my quota of whinging completely used up on the layout thread. But anyway personally I'd rather the wind wasn't used, it's not like wind in real life, and it's pretty frustrating sometimes to practice with 1 condition for a race, then it gets changed when you grid for the race. But I wasn't going to complain about it, afterall it's almost the same(different cars are affected slightly differently) for everyone. But I guess my problem is the way you're doing it. You're changing it because you feel like it, because you are bored, without taking into account what other drivers, the people who actually have to drive the race, the people you need for a successful events opinion. And then to top it all of, you come across in your post like that you are somehow better, you know better than people who actually drive.

I'm just quoting this post because I can
As far as I remember, NDR GTws banners used to have screenshots JUST from tracks. It could have stayed like that... This time, we have a pixelated XRR!
Quote from MousemanLV :As far as I remember, NDR GTws banners used to have screenshots JUST from tracks. It could have stayed like that... This time, we have a pixelated XRR!

I was trying something different. Send me money for a new PC that can do some AA !
You can do screenshots even with 1 FPS
Quote from IMOL :And it is a briliant idea to have wind in a race... More realistic, also you dont know the wind week before race... You know about it propably on raceday or day before And lol why is it a bad? All the drivers will adapt to it within 10 laps or even less for some so i cant see any problem with it.

Quote from TypeRacing :I'm just quoting this post because I can

I'm just quoting this post because I can
atleast turn the wind off for practice, thats just ridiculous..
-
(JackDaMaster) DELETED by Flame CZE : this post rustled my jimmies
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by Flame CZE : this post rustled my jimmies
Quote from PMD9409 :
Quote from IMOL :And it is a briliant idea to have wind in a race... More realistic, also you dont know the wind week before race... You know about it propably on raceday or day before And lol why is it a bad? All the drivers will adapt to it within 10 laps or even less for some so i cant see any problem with it.

Whats the point of adding wind. You were adding that chicane for safety reasons. How is adding wind safe???

Theres a reason you had a bad reaction at south city.

GT World Series 2014: Round 4 Race Discussion
(134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG