The online racing simulator
Steam Sales
(563 posts, started )
19th of December till 3rd of January.

uplay store has better deals for Assassins creed series, check there before buy on steam
Crafted some badges few days ago, got some kind of snow globes for that. Didn't know what that shit was until this new sale started. All in all, sold few of them for 13€ in 5 min time, including a foil for 5.55. High 5'ed myself
Assetto Corsa is 25% off at the moment.
I hate steam sales, it's a darned nightmare trying to stop myself buying more games that I will never ever play.
Got a trading card worth 4 euros just by voting in the flash sales, bought the Bioshock 1 + 2 bundle with it, thanks Steam.
Bought CS:GO just to have it around if i wanna join some friends sometime on a 50% sale.
Checked now some hours later and its 75% now. Dammit! x)
Never buy unless daily/flash/community sale OR the last day.
Is the Steam store working? I can't get it to load.
L4D2 is free today, so expect Steam to be dead for 24 hours.
Trying to get my free l4d2. website won't even load. Steam is DOWN FOR THE COUNT.
Yeah, site's dead.
I will wait a few hours for all you Euros to go to bed, and I might have more luck.
No shit - everything is down, even the community sites...

Also, what's up with community voting? The brief instance I got to the store page it said voting has ended but you still could rate workshop or greenlight... Does that mean you have to buy stuff to get cards? That would be a shame, I already own the titles on offer I'm interested in, and the voting at least kept the chance of completing the badge...
It's ridiculous that a company which is estimated to have more than a billion dollars on their side can't afford a server architecture which will not break down, just because there is an free game.
Got Super Hexagon for 30 cents yesterday, boy it's so hard! Very good fun though, can recommend, it's just bloody 30 cents anyway And if you last more than 45 seconds, you are my hero.
Quote from ATHome :It's ridiculous that a company which is estimated to have more than a billion dollars on their side can't afford a server architecture which will not break down, just because there is an free game.

Do you have any idea of difference between the costs of 99% and 99.999999% availability?
Quote from Krane :Do you have any idea of difference between the costs of 99% and 99.999999% availability?

Well, guess what: 99% availability would be an improvement for steam. And we're talking about millions of dollars. For a company which profit relies on the the availability of their services, it should be money well spent.
Looks like it's working now, albeit a little shakily.

Just got Surgeon Simulator 2013 for £1.74.
Quote from Kid222 : And if you last more than 45 seconds, you are my hero.

That sounds so wrong in so many ways...
Quote from Crashgate3 :
Just got Surgeon Simulator 2013 for £1.74.

I got that in the Black Friday sale. Recently got the floppy disk in the disk drive, which was easily the greatest moment of my gaming life.
Quote from ATHome :It's ridiculous that a company which is estimated to have more than a billion dollars on their side can't afford a server architecture which will not break down, just because there is an free game.

To be fair, their servers did take a sudden hit like never before.
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/content/

This wasn't a very smart move by Valve though. Their servers had already been stretching due to the ongoing winter sale, and then they release a game for free for a very limited time, at peak hour. And not only that, but apparently you had to actually start the download to add the game to your library... such stupid, much idiocy, wow.

I didn't think free L4D2 would cause such a ruckus though, I mean the damn thing has been on sale for like 2 euros all the freaking time. I thought EVERYONE and their grandmother had it by now.
Quote from Matrixi :To be fair, their servers did take a sudden hit like never before.
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/content/

This wasn't a very smart move by Valve though. Their servers had already been stretching due to the ongoing winter sale, and then they release a game for free for a very limited time, at peak hour. And not only that, but apparently you had to actually start the download to add the game to your library... such stupid, much idiocy, wow.

I didn't think free L4D2 would cause such a ruckus though, I mean the damn thing has been on sale for like 2 euros all the freaking time. I thought EVERYONE and their grandmother had it by now.

Maybe it was a clever ploy to test servers for HL3 release.
Quote from Kristi :That sounds so wrong in so many ways...

Kristi, pls, stahp. :|
Quote from Matrixi :

You know that people will kill for free stuff, whatever it is.
Quote from Matrixi :I thought EVERYONE and their grandmother had it by now.

No.. Still don't find the need to download it but others do...

2,2 Terabit per second at the moment.. Wat .. The want to test their network structure or something
free?WHERE?

Steam Sales
(563 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG