The online racing simulator
Quote from AlienT. :I wish AC would scan Knockhill, i'd even contribute a mars bar to the cost of the scanning.

Deep fried?

Quote from PMD9409 :F40, E30 M3 Group A, 599XX, Z4 GT3, and Monza.

That's one hell of a Christmas present
Quote from dawesdust_12 :What about "Calgary is cold"?

I didn't learn that today. Two weeks ago primarily. The blizzard was a bit of an issue.

Actually, it's quite nice these days, at least it's only inconsistently cold. +24C swing in 24 hours last week.

Quote from DeKo :

Oh no. Now he's going to look at that and use it as "evidence" because it's not pixel for pixel accurate, not to mention you didn't write the names!

Quote from The Moose :
That's one hell of a Christmas present

No kidding.

Which beast are you planning to tame first?

I can't wait to fire up that F40.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :

Which beast are you planning to tame first?

I can't wait to fire up that F40.

Same here

F40 is the car I've been looking forward to most along with the Lotus 98T
Quote from BlueFlame :Well to an extent that's true but if you honestly picture the nordschleife and do a lap in your head I garentee you'll miss a few corners out.

That's teh beauty of the Nordschleife. You do know the track, when on track you know whats coming next, but you couldn't possibly remember all 140~ corners by memory in the correct order. It's just not really possible for the human brain to do it.

I memorize my way to school and there are more than 140 turns.
"That may be true, but if you were shown pictures of your route to school.... you would not be able to put them in order." :rolleyes:
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :"That may be true, but if you were shown pictures of your route to school.... you would not be able to put them in order." :rolleyes:

I always get confused driving to work. It's too many corners to remember.
Quote from Bmxtwins :I memorize my way to school and there are more than 140 turns.

For reference my drive to work this morning was 80 corners, across ~23 miles of Suffolk's finest B-Roads. Same again in reverse (but surface is different on the other side of the road, lines are different etc). I certainly now how to get work and could identify each corner in order... it's not a hard task.
I had a ten lap race on Nordschleife in GT5 a while back that stands out as the single greatest simracing event of my life. Me and a friend drove in the early morning going REALLY hard all ten laps. That's almost a GP distance and took longer since we were in Mitsu Evo X cars. We were door to door for a very large portion of that race, and swapped positions so many times. We finished within a second of each other, and both of us went very close to 100% effort throughout.

That was truly satisfying, and a lap of the real thing feels kinda the same in many ways. Concentration is so high, g-forces and adrenaline make for a thoroughly unique experience. No other track I've driven require the same level of concentration and effort to be really fast on, and there is no way to have as intimate knowledge of every piece of the tarmac that you can on other, shorter tracks.
Fake
What :/ I hope your trying to be funny...
Quote from akiskev :You 've sped the video up. You should be ashamed of yourself!

With posts of this quality it's a good thing you've only posted 8 times in 7 years.
Really looking forward to that 599XX.
M3 Gr.A & Trento, but still, MP > more content.
Quote from JazzOn : Imo, tracks like the Nordschleife and Bathurst are a no-brainer

I'm glad someone mentioned Bathurst.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :M3 Gr.A & Trento, but still, MP > more content.

Agreed, but with the sim community not being very forgiving they only have one chance to get it right IMO.

If they have major problems with the net code on first release of MP then some will still be slagging it off years later regardless of later fixes.

As much as I want MP as soon as possible I want them also to get it as right as possible first time.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :M3 Gr.A & Trento, but still, MP > more content.

But technically speaking AC isn't fully released yet so I am happy to get what we are getting atm. You can of course wait and pay full whack when it is fully released of course.
I dont get this lust over multiplayer.. Sure i love racing people but its not like there isnt stuff to do now, go do all the achievements and then complain about MP.
I also don't get it why people do complain on MP. Be more patient. Just enjoy practice, or time trial session on AC, there is still much to do in those sessions and, after all, you can get used to the sim, discover how everything works and it's very good preparation before MP. MP feature wont take long to come out, I think, 'cos I saw Gamescom 2012 conference and there was AC title and racing feature available to test it. Somehow I feel like devs are programmed (or how to say) pretty much all the features, all planned cars and tracks, but they are perfectionists, so they don't rush without releasing everything at one take, so you can't do nothing about it. Even BETA version of the game doesn't have many of errors, problems, and even in BETA game looks fantastic and feels like that.
Quote from R3DMAN :I dont get this lust over multiplayer.. Sure i love racing people but its not like there isnt stuff to do now, go do all the achievements and then complain about MP.

"Achievements"? Really?
No thanks, I don't need a little icon popping up as some kind of reward for doing something that I wouldn't otherwise choose to do.

There's plenty to keep me entertained in AC, but some sort of quest for these little slogans is not one of them, and this reminds me of the daft way people who think that to complain about lack of new LFS content you need to have done laps with every single combo, as if filling up the LFSworld grids is some kind of achievement.
Having said that (to which I agree), one or two of the Steam acheivements were quite enticing. Poleman (the Tatuus, Vallelunga) thing was quite fun getting. Haven't played it properly since the last update though. Still. Damn. But I did look on eBay at Rifts (not that I could afford one).
Quote from sinbad :"Achievements"? Really?
No thanks, I don't need a little icon popping up as some kind of reward for doing something that I wouldn't otherwise choose to do.

There's plenty to keep me entertained in AC, but some sort of quest for these little slogans is not one of them, and this reminds me of the daft way people who think that to complain about lack of new LFS content you need to have done laps with every single combo, as if filling up the LFSworld grids is some kind of achievement.

Achievements based on beating a lap time are far more of a reflection of ability than an achievement saying you completed a time trial with no damage though.

To a point the achievements just act like stats, for now at least. Just like LFSWORLD
I don't give a damn about achievements either. I'm not even bored, but it's due to the RSR Live Timing app, it simply keeps me busy, having the ghost car on, chasing myself and trying to be faster. Without this app I would probably be bored of it, since there would be nothing else do (forget achievements). But I don't play much. I have no problems having no MP yet... If I missed MP I would play LFS, but I haven't touched that for a while.
Sorry.. I should of said.. The achievements i was refering are the beating laptime ones. There are a couple and they are a challenge to get..
-
(CSF) DELETED by CSF

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG