The online racing simulator
Console based dedicated server
(64 posts, started )
I came here to see how my good old vintage game (LFS) looks like. And I'm kind of happy because nothing has changed! In the last several years LFS became my nostalgia treat. Thanks for that
LOL @ at those who shout about S3 and get totally ignored by Scawen. Shouting doesn't help, neither the silence from devs

Nevertheless, thank you for an update.
Quote from Scawen :

Why is that? I'm interested to know what you could do without Wine that you can't do with it.

I'm sorry, I just wasn't being clear enough. It's just a personal opinion on what to install on my server and why, it had nothing in particular to do with functionality.

Quote :
DCon is supposed to make it work quite well / more easily with Wine than the old version.

I'll see if I'll manage to persuade myself.

Quote :
The biggest problem is that some of the OOS checking would fail because the calculations that take place (when a car is built, for example) would have very slightly different results due to the different floating point optimisations used by different compilers. So some things would have to be done in a completely different way.

I don't have enough experience with that, not knowing how IEEE754 works in practice, so I'll take your word for it.

Thanks for taking the time to shed some light over your thoughts behind such plans/decisions, much appreciated!
Are we bulletproof to haxers yet, no. Are we ever gonna be, doubt it.

C'mon update something noticable. Like let's say collision model. Bumpers, mirrors panels flying off. Radiators getting punctured. Engine creating heat. Engine boiling and blowing up. Brake ware model, etc. etc. So many areas for dev fun and I'm disgusted to say that FZR is still running around with ancient Flinsones cockpit!

Can't at least any of that be improved if mr. Eric can't be bothered to restyle the faceless Westhill area with addition of perhaps couple new layouts there as well.

Grats on auto spectate the lazy Finnish driver to upload skin update. I quite like that one.
Quote from Xenix74 :Thx Scawen,
I would love to see a forced option for H-Shifter, Clutch, and Wheel Rotation. The first two thinks are easy possible with LfsLapper but the forced Wheel Rotation must be done ingame. We have a Forced Cockpit View why not a "Forced Real Handling" option?
Its much more intensive when 20 drivers have the "same" Inputs.

Not possible.

The USB HID spec has no attributes about physical wheel rotation. Even if there is, it can be cracked very easily.
Quote from N I K I :Are we bulletproof to haxers yet, no. Are we ever gonna be, doubt it.

About this. Many people on demo (and S2) are complaining how there are too many haxors. Some work on that field again would be good.
Quote from N I K I :
Grats on auto spectate the lazy Finnish driver to upload skin update. I quite like that one.

AFAIK it will not spectate if skin is not updated, it will just if skin is totaly missing on LFSW.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :About this. Many people on demo (and S2) are complaining how there are too many haxors. Some work on that field again would be good.

What sort of haxers? Can you explain those haxes a little bit? I've been here for a very long time and those things didn't look to change much. Some people are just sad, even desperate. Sill in general they never get away with it.

@Update: I mean the update in the patch.
you forgot: ahem
Quote from N I K I :What sort of haxers? Can you explain those haxes a little bit? I've been here for a very long time and those things didn't look to change much. Some people are just sad, even desperate. Sill in general they never get away with it.

Scawen did some protection in 6E, so variables that were used in 6B are not working anymore. But thing is that now people use another variables, which were unknown before. I don't want to go too much offtopic, just want to draw some Scawens attention to this. Usually first 3-4 months of new patch online gameplay is hax free. So I guess that easiest and best way to control this is more constant patchs, as all hax are version incompatible. There is absolutely no need for significant updates/improvements/..., maybe just some simple bug fixes in every patch which would do some changes in LFS.exe and therefore move car struct pointer

Quote from N I K I :
@Update: I mean the update in the patch.

Me too
-
(Takumi_lfs) DELETED by Bob Smith : not necessary, stay on topic, no rants please
-
(BallWalk) DELETED by Bob Smith : not necessary, stay on topic, no rants please
nice update, just anti cheat not work. because it's already cracked..

It would be nice if we can save the log after restart the server.
because when we restart the server we lose all the log.

ex : log1.log after restart the server log2.log etc..

and no sure if we needed but by pressing "N", can be nice to see how many pit stop racers have done.
Quote from MrSam :and no sure if we needed but by pressing "N", can be nice to see how many pit stop racers have done.

How is this relevant to the dedicated host program update (along with other general LFS improvement suggestions in this thread)? There's a special forum for things like that.

I know people want to get Scawen's attention by posting general suggestions / development questions in threads he's made just because he's more likely to read them. But that just creates more off-topic he has to read through / skip.

In my opinion, if Scawen really wants to get inspired for new updates, he can browse the Improvement suggestions forum. There might be some exceptions but in most cases he doesn't reply to general suggestions in his threads. On the other hand, he may take notes of them, that is true. However, he can do it in the improvement suggestions forum as well, that's what the forum is there anyway.

Just my 2c.
no need to be angry, just ignore them if you dont like

many post here are off topic...
Quote from Flame CZE :How is this relevant to the dedicated host program update (along with other general LFS improvement suggestions in this thread)? There's a special forum for things like that.

I know people want to get Scawen's attention by posting general suggestions / development questions in threads he's made just because he's more likely to read them. But that just creates more off-topic he has to read through / skip.

In my opinion, if Scawen really wants to get inspired for new updates, he can browse the Improvement suggestions forum. There might be some exceptions but in most cases he doesn't reply to general suggestions in his threads. On the other hand, he may take notes of them, that is true. However, he can do it in the improvement suggestions forum as well, that's what the forum is there anyway.

Just my 2c.

i would agree if he only posted the bit you highlighted but he also posted relevant feedback on the current release of the dedi by stating that we have noticed a few using mods already. why dont you take that view and state it with the post that have no relevance at all and just moan about s3 s3 s3

just saying !!!!!
Quote from Flame CZE :How is this relevant to the dedicated host program update (along with other general LFS improvement suggestions in this thread)? There's a special forum for things like that.

Just my 2c.

why only my message?
Do you have a few things against me?
tell me what you think and we can move on.

I have nothing against you, but I do not think it is reciprocal.
since you are moderator, you are always behind me.

this forum is infested with "off topic", but there is only you that you took the time to answer me that what I say is wrong, all the time.

Sometimes having too much power gives wings..
Just to make things clear, I am not angry at anyone at all. I have just expressed my personal opinion about posting general LFS improvement suggestions to this kind of threads. My moderator status has nothing to do with it. I am sorry that it might have sounded otherwise in my post.

Also, I said "(along with other general LFS
improvement suggestions in this thread)" to include all of them, not only yours, MrSam. Being on a mobile, I also found it easier to quote only one post rather than having to copy&paste and edit all quotes manually. Therefore, you are not the only one who I aimed my post to and indeed there are worse ones.

I agree that it's not explicitly bad to make your suggestions after you react to the topic of the thread. My point was that rarely does Scawen reply to those questions and that there is a section in this forum to place them.

Sorry for having created more off-topic than needed :X
Nah I think it's good.. Before you know it you have 400 other posts with requests. And most of us know it's quite pointless. Although I support the RB4 texture update request. It's badly needed.
Quote from Flame CZE :Just to make things clear, I am not angry at anyone at all. I have just expressed my personal opinion about posting general LFS improvement suggestions to this kind of threads. My moderator status has nothing to do with it. I am sorry that it might have sounded otherwise in my post.

Also, I said "(along with other general LFS
improvement suggestions in this thread)" to include all of them, not only yours, MrSam. Being on a mobile, I also found it easier to quote only one post rather than having to copy&paste and edit all quotes manually. Therefore, you are not the only one who I aimed my post to and indeed there are worse ones.

I agree that it's not explicitly bad to make your suggestions after you react to the topic of the thread. My point was that rarely does Scawen reply to those questions and that there is a section in this forum to place them.

Sorry for having created more off-topic than needed :X

You are a moderator. So you represent LFS forum.
You spoke as moderator since you said I was off topic!

So please be more precise.

Now I know that I will have all twisted behind me.
but in this forum, i am accustomed.
All SERT servers are transferred to the DCon version.

GO GO GO LFS!
Dunno where too put this but seems a demo guy have found a way too play S2 we run servers with lastest Dcon.exe

I zipped screen image + mpr

http://mysharegadget.com/834700735
Quote from RC-Maus :Dunno where too put this but seems a demo guy have found a way too play S2 we run servers with lastest Dcon.exe

I zipped screen image + mpr

http://mysharegadget.com/834700735

nah, he didn't

Airio report him as demo user because he is relatively new you need atleast 7 different combos driven to be licensed user (by Airio)
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :nah, he didn't

Airio report him as demo user because he is relatively new you need atleast 7 different combos driven to be licensed user (by Airio)

OHH:schwitzidn't know that but his pb's weren't saved on lfsw... How is that possible?

Whoops my error it did save forget this post think i was too early. But glad you're right Daniel.
Firstly thanks for the update, it does seem to work better under Linux. I do have a question, how do we see who is actually on the server via DCon GUI window? If I look at the server and want to take it down or do a reboot I can't see if anyone is on before I shut it down. Do we have a command to run to see who is actually logged in?
Cheers
Quote from therbo :Firstly thanks for the update, it does seem to work better under Linux. I do have a question, how do we see who is actually on the server via DCon GUI window? If I look at the server and want to take it down or do a reboot I can't see if anyone is on before I shut it down. Do we have a command to run to see who is actually logged in?
Cheers

You can press Enter anytime to show the list of connected people together with other server status info.

Quote : - When a player joins or leaves, some status information is output to
the console including the selected track, a list of user names and the
time and date.
- You can get a status message at any time by pressing ENTER without
typing anything.

from the Dcon, server seems less lag. maybe im wrong but keep this way
Quote from MrSam :from the Dcon, server seems less lag. maybe im wrong but keep this way

It's likely just a placebo effect. Something is new, thus you feel it's better/faster?

Console based dedicated server
(64 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG