The online racing simulator
Dean Fiore nearly flipped on the same corner on lap 1 of the V8 Supercar race! About 7-8 cars involved.
Since the V8SC organization cracked down on internet uploads of their races I'm looking for a new supplier for the race broadcasts... Anyone tested V8 SuperView? Is it the same as the 7 broadcast? Is the quality of the replays (not staying awake for the live event) any good?
Quote from bbman :Since the V8SC organization cracked down on internet uploads of their races I'm looking for a new supplier for the race broadcasts... Anyone tested V8 SuperView? Is it the same as the 7 broadcast? Is the quality of the replays (not staying awake for the live event) any good?

If you're willing to pay for SuperView ($40), then go for it. From what I have heard, SuperView is the Channel 7 broadcast except there are no ads.

I don't know what the quality of the replay's are like, though.

https://www.v8supercars.com/v8superview
Quote from Gougoodthing :If you're willing to pay for SuperView ($40), then go for it.

Well, with no channel airing the broadcasts even delayed, and now noone uploading, I have no other choice...
This is starting to become like 90s BTCC with all the factory teams only the cars have crap loads more power.
Except Mercedes were never in BTCC.
Quote from ACCAkut :damn it still curious which V8 ends up in that car.

It is believed that they are going to use a generic engine provided by V8 Supercars.
Can't we just make a series that combines V8SC, DTM, and SuperGT? The latter two are the same already

I once read somewhere in the MWM listener's collective, there was a try to get V8SC and DTM under the same rules 10 years ago, which eventually failed due to insoluble differences of the involved parties.

Btw, speaking of DTM, some media reports, they will come back to Berlin. Not for the AVUS, but for an airfield race at Berlin Tempelhof. However, we had word by word identical news two/three months ago...
Can't we just make a series that combines V8SC, DTM, and SuperGT? The latter two are the same already

That wouldn't be good, the reason V8s are soo popular is because they are not high downforce GT cars, like the other two.

Besides DTM cars are on a Tube Frame chasis with a shell on top, the V8s are still a solid car.
Quote from BlueFlame :Except Mercedes were never in BTCC.

Mercedes was in STCC, but not in BTCC? Nice logic of them.
Quote from Mysho :Mercedes was in STCC, but not in BTCC? Nice logic of them.

Mercedes never did a factory program in 2l-touring cars The STCC Mercedes were privately buildt.
Quote from Mysho :Mercedes was in STCC, but not in BTCC? Nice logic of them.

Even Holden were in BTCC. Mercedes have never really had any cars in British motorsport, I guess the market in the UK is just not big enough for them to bother.
So curious about Loeb. If Muller stays and Citroen will be decent enough, Muller might finally get some competition!
Quote from BlueFlame :Even Holden were in BTCC. Mercedes have never really had any cars in British motorsport, I guess the market in the UK is just not big enough for them to bother.

Tbh that was irrelevent, back in the 90s it was the premier touring car series in the world.

Now its just 3 good drivers and a field of ameuters that get the left overs.
Quote from Mustafur :Tbh that was irrelevent, back in the 90s it was the premier touring car series in the world.

Now its just 3 good drivers and a field of ameuters that get the left overs.

Well my argument was that Mercedes have never been officially involved in ANY British championship... at all. Except MAYBE F3, but even then to my mind I can't recall it.
Poor Engstler again hit stupid driver of recovery car ilogically driving on track while green flag.

Something very similar to Pau 2009 and Safety car crash. He has bad luck on these idiots.
Quote from Mysho :Poor Engstler again hit stupid driver of recovery car ilogically driving on track while green flag.

Something very similar to Pau 2009 and Safety car crash. He has bad luck on these idiots.

FFS why does this shit always happen to Engstler...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9e9GQzZF94 here's the vid

the title says SC is on, but it wasn't when the rescue car driver went out for his drive, clearly mistake of marshalls...

bad luck for Engstler, his car is pretty much undrivable but miracles can happen in paddock
Hmmm so I wasn't the only one who didn't see yellow flag there. He slipped at the worst possible place. Oh well.

Bad luck for the Hondas, hope the Zengő guys can rebuild Norbi's car and his turbo won't die like on Tarquini's and Monteiro's car.
Actually, there was a yellow flag at the corner where he crashed into the the pickup truck (as the next marshals post was double yellow due to Tarquini) and at the previous one there was a white flag. It looks like he could've been given a shove from behind, and I don't think they were expecting to be hit in the middle of the corner away from the apex.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG