The online racing simulator
Welcome to LFS forum!

I see what you did there!
LOLOLOLOLOLOL:huepfenic:huepfenic:huepfenic
Oh, it's one of these topics again. At some point, I have to stand on the side of Takumi. He is right. If they didn't want to make some money out of this project, then they wouldn't ask for money to begin with. Therefore, if you want to sell your product it REQUIRES marketing. No matter what it is. It used to be a decent product, without marketing, which made the player base into what it is today. Now it's a project that's dead, and not even pleasing most of its customers and there is still nothing done about it. That's not the way you make a succesful game/company.
The thing is, cargame.nl, you missed most of S2 considering your join date. You have no idea what LFS was like, when it was shining. You simply just don't have a comparision point to make a proper opinion on the state of the game.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :You're such a wimp german

Are you only coming here to moan about the progress and insult others who like the game as it is? Nice.
I thought that was all that Takumi_lfs did was insult others and complain about LFS' development speed.
Quote from Kristi :
The thing is, cargame.nl, you missed most of S2 considering your join date. You have no idea what LFS was like, when it was shining. You simply just don't have a comparision point to make a proper opinion on the state of the game.

Oh yes, most here don't know the time before the Euro, what is was like to work during the millennium bug change or what it was like before the wall went down. Wait, what? There even was a time the whole internet didn't existed. The early days, nothing can replace those sweet old early days. Guess what, if you are waiting on history coming back, you can wait forever.
LFS was so ahead of its time (according to the history books I read), but not any more.
LFS doesnt live but community does
until TVE is here
LFS is one of the most beautiful things I've ever known.
I met wonderful people in the world and it's not finished.

Honestly I have not done all the tracks with all the cars, difficult thing to find with another game that has this capability (much cars/track).

all that to say that the developers have done a great job.

anyway there will always be people to say we waited all this time for that.

For me it lacks can be a challenge in LFS, the percentage of track/car completed.
and also hotlap, which can be filtered by "auto clutch", "button clutch" and "axis cluth" it would be fairer for people who have no wheel.

The Frenchy is happy to be part of LFS
Such type of topics is totally useless and stupid. Everybody just having 'a great time' in sandbox, throwing stuff to each other, and after the game (a discussion) nobody really feels any better in all sort of aspects. Some old wounds are just about to be opened up once again.
Quote from cargame.nl :Oh yes, most here don't know the time before the Euro, what is was like to work during the millennium bug change or what it was like before the wall went down. Wait, what? There even was a time the whole internet didn't existed. The early days, nothing can replace those sweet old early days. Guess what, if you are waiting on history coming back, you can wait forever.

You know that you are not making any sense.

Lfs ain't the same as before, no more challenging races. The best racers on lfs don't even race anymore... Servers like yours suck, no alternative like ctra either.
The thing about CTRA (first hand) is that there is A LOT of man hours that go into actually administrating it. Nobody would pay for the time for any administrators.. and you don't want to dilute the administrator pool by adding more and more admins (as some people are retarded and think that divebombing is a fair pass move).

Each MPR took about 10 minutes to properly come to a decision.. and reports came in faster than any of us could clear the backlog.
lol funny how the forum has "frozen in time" too it appears
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Lfs was way more fun back then, news and updates made the game alot more joyful. I actually don't have lfs on my pc anymore, and I believe there are alot more other people with the same story.

What if told you there is a whole track you have not tried yet? Why complain about delayed Rockingham when you have not even tried Westhill?

Makes no sense either, offline racing ain't recorded on lfsw smartass.

And I don't want rockingham, who cares about that track? The only update that people looking forward is the new tyre physics. The one we have now doesnt simulate heated tyres very well. Warm tyres feels like driving on ice, irl I have even more traction without tyres.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Makes no sense either, offline racing ain't recorded on lfsw smartass.

LFS is all about multiplayer...if you play offline you are missing out.
Boxhead, check fuel burnt and miles driven online...
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Boxhead, check fuel burnt and miles driven online...

I did and it is not much.
Thing is that the numbers look bigger than they really are:
For example I have more driven miles and consider myself a very casual player. (otherwise I would be faster)
I have joined LFS in same month as Gutholz,got licenced just in august 2010,before that I had distance under 10000km (I remember racing a lot to collect the minimum requirement for LFSCART Light before my first race there) and now I have 3x more than him. And you know what? I'm not really regular public racing driver,neither I'm sitting in league servers days or even weeks before the main race to practice my ass off,so I don't feel that my online distance of 130Mm is a big one. Even I haven't tried out all the possible combos,every new one still feels like "been there,done that",so yes - I would like to see new tracks and also new cars to race with. But I don't see the point creating threads and moaning in them - it has never achieved anything before and and it won't in future either,as Scawen pointed out - it will be done when it's done,noone except him can do anything to make it ready...
And someone did say that these threads are keeping community alive - yea right,biggest BS I ever heard. Yes,the community is getting smaller,racers in leagues fewer,unfortunately big part of leavers are just following the trend - "someone in forums just said that it's an old game,not developed,so I'm leaving too". How to keep community alive - moan even more? Create threads with "where is S3 and Rockingham?" every day? How the hell it can help?
One if the ways I see - think out something new on the base of same stuff we already have to offer community. I'm also trying,unfortunately not succeeding (6 drivers in round 1 of the new league I created is pretty much a blow,but we still had fun),so why don't you give a shot and do something yourself and not just wait everything to be served on golden plate? Or just follow the trend of "cool" guys and leave - moaning won't get you anything.

PS. Hi,Endy,you like it,don't you?
#46 - halo
How it seems:
1. Buying S2, enjoying new tracks, exciting cars and time goes by for a while..
2. Enjoying new events with fellow racers or teams thinking what a awesome sim it is and of course time goes by...
3. Thinking about new developments devs talking about and imagining how its gonna be awesome with new tire physics and new stuff. So time is goes by as usual..
4. With the gained ability in time, driving few car adequately and thinking all the rest is crab, so where is the promised developments? Thinking about the progress is so slow.. time is goes by..
5. Decided to nothing left to discover in this sim, unfortunately there is not a single decent sim to play (feeling close to LFS) around and with frustration and disappointment rises.. still time is passing as usual.

So what to do? Of course people know better for themselves, but do they think it will accelerate the LFS project development speed when they say something or do here?
I doubt it.

Current content of the LFS is still waiting out there, for many, "untouched" I believe. The combinations are huge within this sim. It is not just two-three cars and two three tracks, it contains more than enough material for those willing to discover.

I am also waiting for new stuff, in silence and with patience.
So, don't worry fellow racers, this is not a solely commercial project as you aware, it is a passion for devs as I'm understood. So nothing can prevent evolution of this sim except the devs. Unless they change their mind, this thing will roll.

Those are my humble opinions, thanks for reading and also sorry for my English which is not so good.
Good day & good races to all, as usual
Quote from Eclipsed :I have joined LFS in same month as Gutholz,got licenced just in august 2010,before that I had distance under 10000km (I remember racing a lot to collect the minimum requirement for LFSCART Light before my first race there) and now I have 3x more than him. And you know what? I'm not really regular public racing driver,neither I'm sitting in league servers days or even weeks before the main race to practice my ass off,so I don't feel that my online distance of 130Mm is a big one. Even I haven't tried out all the possible combos,every new one still feels like "been there,done that",so yes - I would like to see new tracks and also new cars to race with. But I don't see the point creating threads and moaning in them - it has never achieved anything before and and it won't in future either,as Scawen pointed out - it will be done when it's done,noone except him can do anything to make it ready...
And someone did say that these threads are keeping community alive - yea right,biggest BS I ever heard. Yes,the community is getting smaller,racers in leagues fewer,unfortunately big part of leavers are just following the trend - "someone in forums just said that it's an old game,not developed,so I'm leaving too". How to keep community alive - moan even more? Create threads with "where is S3 and Rockingham?" every day? How the hell it can help?
One if the ways I see - think out something new on the base of same stuff we already have to offer community. I'm also trying,unfortunately not succeeding (6 drivers in round 1 of the new league I created is pretty much a blow,but we still had fun),so why don't you give a shot and do something yourself and not just wait everything to be served on golden plate? Or just follow the trend of "cool" guys and leave - moaning won't get you anything.

PS. Hi,Endy,you like it,don't you?

jeg elsker deg fremdeles
I believe my avatar troll is making you to mix me up with some gay-like norwegian...
I got confused too but then I realized your communication style is way different.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Servers like yours suck

It is also not there for you smartass

If you want something of your own liking, start something yourself. But no, sitting on the fat lazy ass placing whining comments is much easier hm? Or is lack of intelligence the problem? Maybe a combination, wouldn't surprise me.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG