The online racing simulator
MPR Setup Extractor [April Fools]
(95 posts, closed, started )
Dear LFS community. As most of you know, some of the top teams have a tool which can extract setups from multiplayer replay files. With that tool it is technically possible to steal any setup which has ever been driven on any public server, which makes eg. setup developing for league races much easier.

However, only very limited amount of people have had access to this program which has caused a lot of bitterness around the LFS community. Especially the teams that don't have the extractor have been really displeased which is completely understandable, as other teams have been able to steal the sets they have spent a lot of time into.

Personally I believe it is unfair that such tool exists, but not everyone have chance to use its benefits. That's why I've now decided to post here a link to an online version of MPR Setup Extractor so that no one has that unfair advantage anymore.

Click Here

Usage:
1. Choose a LFS multiplayer replay (mpr)
2. Click Submit
3. Wait while the setups are being extracted
4. Download the .rar packet
5. Extract it to your setups-folder
6. Read the readme.txt about renaming the setups

Peace :wmann3:
april fools thankfully
no...
wanted to hug you in one moment...
well I couldnt even open the page because isp blocks everything :P It had me for a second though. I would have hated this thing to get out though, would have been seriously annoyed.
It really works. Thanks a million.
Quote from Mustangman759 :well I couldnt even open the page because isp blocks everything :P It had me for a second though. I would have hated this thing to get out though, would have been seriously annoyed.

Because its better that the people who have it can continue to use it and gain an advantage from it? But lets face it, lets blame the devs for not fixing fundamental issues with their sim, or even replying the bug report. Even iRacing can do that. I can understand their philosophy, if thats what they want then thats their choice but not to give an explanation about content that people have already bought or to tell whats going on and what they are doing to fix a major flaw in their sim. You say its a good thing that it doesnt spread, but it would be much better if everyone had it then they would have to fix it. For me finding this out a couple of months ago(or rather the apparent lack of response, added to the experience when I reported a bug and never got an answer even after giving it to a mod to post in their private section. I understand bugs are part of developing a simulator, the response is more disappointing than other factors) was the final straw with this sim

But anyway good April Fools
Feel like i am the only who who does not have it.. Maybe that's reasonof my slowness..
Quote :If this post was written between 0.00-6.00 am UTC I take no responsibility of its content

Well timed
Quote from IsaacPrice : even replying the bug report.

This.

Moost be hax
Oh the irony.
Quote from Denny12 :Feel like i am the only who who does not have it.. Maybe that's reasonof my slowness..

nope, atm there is only one team that has it and its Vires.
You say that Joonas however we deleted it, well "we" but Jesse clearly didn't. Also, you say top teams have it and then say vires have it? Are we now a top team? You need to make your mind up - make your mind up.

Ofc Vortex technically isn't a team is it

Handed it to Devs, didn't even get a reply - shows how much they care for the competitive side of LFS. Dont you think that if we wanted to use it for our own benefit we would have kept it a secret forever? But we've been here before. Its Easter holidays and the kids have nothing better to do I guess!

Of course I'm feeding the troll here because you clearly have nothing better todo than post lies when you have no evidence to back it up, I'll leave it at that.
I have never claimed top teams has such a program, you made an accusation that my former team has it (which i know isn't true) without any evidence as well, you on the other hand have said multiple times you have such program and you aren't afraid to admit it.

Oh and also, your actions imply that I'm using such a program without evidence to back such thing up

Oh and btw, i sincerely believe you haven't deleted that program
#15 - CSF
Woohoo!!!!
I guess the main problem here is Vires's failure to make it public on time, the rumor is much worse than the truth (I warned Momo about that weeks ago)...and James, the point is not if you deleted it or not, you should never have accepted that in the team in the first place!

The problem now is that you have no way to regain trust from other teams, sadly the doubt will always be there!

The sad part in this is that everyone will train on hidden servers exclusively and we lose the good community feeling we had when joining servers together!
Quote from Mustangman759 : I would have hated this thing to get out though, would have been seriously annoyed.

It's no joke, it really works. And the existence of this already was known for a while by some teams.

Thankfully all setups will be wasted anyway with the new physics so it doesn't matter much ( )
#18 - CSF
Hmmm this gives me an idea. Run the first stint of a race, put the slower driver in, you run the tool, get the other guy to timeout, come back in with a better set... PROFIT!! Wooo I want to be race manager of a team again now. Full of bright ideas me.
Quote from cargame.nl :It's no joke, it really works.

Yes it's work, and i have offline version
Attached images
Schowek01.jpg
Quote from CSF :Hmmm this gives me an idea. Run the first stint of a race, put the slower driver in, you run the tool, get the other guy to timeout, come back in with a better set... PROFIT!! Wooo I want to be race manager of a team again now. Full of bright ideas me.

That's exactly what we did in last GT1WS race.
#21 - CSF
Quote from Joku123 :That's exactly what we did in last GT1WS race.

Errrmhhhmmhhgerrrrd great minds.
Quote from DarknessPainF1 :nope, atm there is only one team that has it and its Vires.

That's why Vires was the only team to run r2/r3 XRR setup in last GT1WS at SO4 (was the same in BL1) with obviously some different gearings.

We have clearly stole someone else setup on this one that's so obvious!

yeah we got it only to report it. We didn't use it and didn't build it. You can ask developers and one moderator of this forum. Btw was suprised when talking to some teams leaders that so many have already heard about it (if not got it).

@Fram : Yeah made probably a small mistake there but anyone having a look at gt1ws or gt3tcc would see we got our own setup. We are the only one to get r2/r3 sets in race in GT1 and in GT3 we are the only one to make those r2 tyres last so long so...

If people are stupid enough to believe Vires is a team that steals setup to other competitors whereas we are probably one of the team that edit the most the set (SO4 set was based on F1RST set from MoE09/10, just checked the only thing we didn't edited was R3 tyres at the back and interestingly the rear toe), it's not even worth talking to them.

Anyway at the end of the day, everyone driving differently so everyone need a set made on purpose so ppl stealing others sets have the wrong approach.

For those who didn't get it, that's call sarcasm even on 01/04
Momo I guess it is not only about using other's setup, I mean by having a look at a set I can deduce the strategy and maybe exploit its weaknesses or use its strong points.
However, I'm in the lack of knowledge on this case, I agree with both of you. Getting sets would let you know the weak points and it's already enough to win you a race. Knowing MoMo from spdo, especially the 24h MoE race, where we were almost the only ones not having the 3id set and trying something TOTALLY different, I believe the moral never changes and he is someone who wouldn't be fooled by that opportunity ^^ The feel of winning is awesome. Winning by cheating isn't so.
#25 - IMOL
Quote from Kristi :However, I'm in the lack of knowledge on this case, I agree with both of you. Getting sets would let you know the weak points and it's already enough to win you a race. Knowing MoMo from spdo, especially the 24h MoE race, where we were almost the only ones not having the 3id set and trying something TOTALLY different, I believe the moral never changes and he is someone who wouldn't be fooled by that opportunity ^^ The feel of winning is awesome. Winning by cheating isn't so.

I agree fully with 2 lasts sentences And nice from You, that you guys havent used our sets
This thread is closed

(95 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG