The online racing simulator
MPR Setup Extractor [April Fools]
(95 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Mustangman759 :so how would you know what it looked like?

I heard from someone who has both of these programmes. I got this extractor today.

James' post was so big pile of bullshit that I don't even care to reply any longer
Quote from MonkeyHead :I heard from someone who has both of these programmes. I got this extractor today.

James' post was so big pile of bullshit that I don't even care to reply any longer

I agree. I dont understand why Vires has the right to be butthurt, they have acted as the police of LFS when they arent, ripping other peoples setups to check whether other teams are using their setups. Thats not their job. They have acknowledged the programs existance, so they havent done as bad as they could have done so there is no goal in slagging them off either but arguing here with each other wont fix the problem. I dont really expect the devs to say anything. I have a feeling they have known about this sort of thing being possible since Phlos a long time ago, he warned about the security of LFS and now look what the problem is. But maybe I will be proved wrong
I mean to be fair they were the ones that reported it. So stop giving them crap. Otherwise this would still be private and most of us would have no idea.
Quote from IsaacPrice :they have acknowledged the programs existance, so they havent done as bad as they could have done so there is no goal in slagging them off either but arguing here with each other wont fix the problem.

Ray, go back to school and learn to read someones post rather than what you want to read
Or I can just do eenie meenie miney moe and choose who I want to believe
Quote from Bmxtwins :Or I can just do eenie meenie miney moe and choose who I want to believe

Haa now I know where your bad judgement comes from!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I really have a bad feeling for what this is going to do to league racing, in GenR we have discussed it and we can promise everyone that we will not use it...and if anyone from our team does, he will be demoted immediately!

For us the biggest part of a league race is training and set preparation (the race is just a confirmation for the hard work), what I worry most about is that you need a lot of dedication/motivation to train as much as we do, and that will go down with such application around!

LFS is becoming a big hacking/cheating party and that removes its simulation character which is the only reason I am still racing here, so yes I am losing motivation already!
The MPR or SPR extractors are only added drops to a sea of negativity...and let me tell you, that's the road every online game follows after the development stops....and then it is the end!

THX to everyone who contribute(d)!:chair:
#58 - CSF
Quote from Framaris :Haa now I know where your bad judgement comes from!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I really have a bad feeling for what this is going to do to league racing,

He's a bright one for sure.

I've seen quite a lot over the years in league racing. If this had hit at a more active time, it might have been a bigger blow, but I just don't see it now. Those who want to play LFS do, those who don't won't and those who are struggling to find motivation might be pushed off by this. It happens. We are actually currently in the position of only a couple of teams building a setup from scratch, the rest use bases from previous years, as there is only so much you can do with the physics. In many respects, the peak of performance has been reached, the only changes are when a driver improves.

A bigger threat to Live For Speed is the lack of development. We really are now into the hardcore element, and if they begin to dwindle?
CSF yeah most teams probably do use the same "base" that they got their hands on years ago, but there's no denying that each year the setups keeps getting a tad bit better when drivers keeps improving and changing driving style to always find something that is faster and adjusting the set after that.

Like for ex compare the pace of someone like Isaac this year in GT1WS with Hugo a few years ago in the same car, and we all know Hugo is out of this planet, and still Isaac has been faster at every track pretty much.

It's sad too see even though I personally don't do lfs, it's a different team approach in the endurance races in lfs but what's the point in driving a sim where you work your ass off for several hours each day, for weeks prior to a long race, only to be handing the set to someone after the first stint (if they so like). Our current drivers also pretty much said that they wont be around after the last GT1WS race, was the nail in the coffin for them. Thanks "developers"!
#60 - CSF
Yeah thats a point, though the setups can only be got after the race is run (or the first stint if they are "smart") provided you only do your running on your own servers. I meant to say that first time.

I'm surprised it's taken some folk this long to decide to go.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp : Our current drivers also pretty much said that they wont be around after the last GT1WS race, was the nail in the coffin for them. Thanks "developers"!

really?

man thats a real shame. but ofcourse so understandable.

this setup extractor really is sad. even if you take one for a mjor league, it will most likely not suit your driving style. since we arnt very good with setup making atm, we asked for a set for the gt1ws as a base from paddi4. very good driver and good set but none of us could drive it properly and we made some extreme changes to it ^^

i guess then teams got to be even more secretive about their setups. never using on public servers or even training on ndr server before the race.
Actually this tools isn't really useful for top teams as they have pretty mature driving style and setup skills. They need to adjust their set to their driving style so what it can bring is a more recent base set.

But I assume that can help learners quite a lot.
#63 - CSF
I dunno, sometimes someone comes up with something that you just want to see and try. The top guys can adapt more readily to changes, so its far more useful than you'd think. For instance, if you see a setup can do a 34.3 or whatever at the end of a stint at WE1, and you are doing a 34.6, you know you are doing something wrong.
Yeah that's sure good set are good set, but as far as you don't have the same driving style as the guy that made this set, you can still improve it only by adapting it to yours. Then you can be lucky and get some similar which was one strength of spdoRacing for example.
#65 - CSF
If you are in a team where one guy is better/motivated to do setups, then the other guys are adapting. Adaptation isn't that hard. If you know something is quick, then you use it and you find a way to make it work. It's a massive help, regardless of your teams positions.

In other news, I wonder if this can help me get some old sets back which I have lost over the years. 30hours of work for IGTC 2010 on some sets.
I can think of a couple of times that this would have helped us, and if I can think that then surely other teams would have a lot more occasions because without trying to be arrogant, ineX have been the standard setters pacewise over the most recent era of LFS since the guys like F1RST and the original 3id LFS division. So it does make quite a big difference, even though yes the top teams would potentially edit and further improve the setup for themselves after taking it
Quote from CSF :
In other news, I wonder if this can help me get some old sets back which I have lost over the years. 30hours of work for IGTC 2010 on some sets.

as spdo database and megaupload are down, I think the problem may be to find the replays?
#68 - CSF
Yeah. Frustrating.
Take a look through the threads, I've seen one replay in a protest that seems to still be downloadable, there could be more
may have round 2 & 3 if you need them. Probably some people have other rounds
Let's have a look at this from a little bit more grounded perspective.

Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Our current drivers also pretty much said that they wont be around after the last GT1WS race, was the nail in the coffin for them. Thanks "developers"!

Quote from IsaacPrice :was the final straw with this sim

Hold your horses there ineX. With your 'unfortunate situation within the team' I'm rather sure that this final straw/nail is there just for someone else to take blame for your demise from LFS.
Have some decency for devs and do it properly with bug reports, as you had done and should have stopped there, rather than this ridiculous finger pointing which might make it look like OMG they're the only one to blame for this tool and this tool is the only one to blame for us leaving, which couldn't be further from what's going on here.

Quote from Framaris :For us the biggest part of a league race is training and set preparation (the race is just a confirmation for the hard work), what I worry most about is that you need a lot of dedication/motivation to train as much as we do, and that will go down with such application around!

Quote from CSF :30hours of work for IGTC 2010 on some sets.

Quote from Framaris :The sad part in this is that everyone will train on hidden servers exclusively and we lose the good community feeling we had when joining servers together!

Yeah. Because of this, tool like this is actually a good thing I would dare to say, since obviously the future is changing with this. 30 hours of work for a race is just beyond me. Maybe I've done it few times myself, but some people seam to be doing this for every race and then wonder wth happened to their motivation. Maybe this tool will not only prevent this ridiculous addictive amount of training, but also make it possible for everyone to find time to race more leagues around. Which would be a very good thing I guess.

Most people train on hidden servers for a long time before this tool, just to hide their 'ultimate' pace and keep everyone else in the dark then come and take it by the storm and eventually only one manages to do it, over and over agian, always one team. I'm a believer in something that leaves your opponent a chance, which equals the game and let's the better man overall win.

For this I have been sharing my setups willingly on setupgrid.net which I helped create, together with finding material for setup help as well, willingly. But, noone else seemed to follow this trend. Noone else thought that once the race is over others should know about your race, should be allowed to learn from your race, catch up with you, at least after the race, at least thru the setups. Once I saw my work is not being appreciated, I simply stopped sharing setups. Well, well, well, I guess now everyone is simply forced to share their setups after the race, by the simple virtue of existance of this tool and it's availability for everyone and we shall never see again a team have an advantage in terms of ineX advantage in this current season.

Just look at the F1 for example. Every time a team goes and makes exploits of whatever out there, rules are changed to give a chance to everyone else, if they don't willingly do it themselves. Only team every to give away their propertly was Lotus back in 79 iirc when they figured out ground effect and once they saw they're a league or two ahead of everyone else, it's not fun to compete anymore! They gave others a chance. They didn't quit, or blame anyone and they're remembered for that in a very very good light, at least for me.
Quote from N I K I :With your 'unfortunate situation within the team' I'm rather sure that this final straw/nail is there just for someone else to take blame for your demise from LFS.

Are you talking about us, or you?

Most of our drivers just don't have the desire to race in the big team events anymore. Single driver events you still may see us around, but there isn't enough desire to continue to run big team races. Even I had to drive GT1WS, that's just over the line.

In other words, has nothing to do with this topic.
Quote from PMD9409 :Most of our drivers just don't have the desire to race in the big team events anymore. Single driver events you still may see us around, but there isn't enough desire to continue to run big team races. Even I had to drive GT1WS, that's just over the line.

You don't have to explain it to me PMD. It's just unfortunate the best of you guys are going to mandatory army. No shame in that. I just don't get it why your teammates blamed devs which then made it on-topic.... Still, yea racing in single driver events you're welcome from me, as I actually enjoy those myself more, even when the team I am in is at the peak for endu racing.
-
(DarknessPainF1) DELETED by DarknessPainF1
#74 - CSF
Quote from N I K I :You don't have to explain it to me PMD. It's just unfortunate the best of you guys are going to mandatory army. No shame in that. I just don't get it why your teammates blamed devs which then made it on-topic.... Still, yea racing in single driver events you're welcome from me, as I actually enjoy those myself more, even when the team I am in is at the peak for endu racing.

I guess you argued vociferously against Hugo, Dave and Jack moving to iRacing then.
Well, ok Joonas. I'd wonder if that means that you pinky Joonas, with pink J will never go to army, if this was place to chit-chat, but I guess we better leave that to when we meet on server to pass the time as we'll have sets ready from a 3rd person, oh wait, I think I prefer my own setups.
This thread is closed

MPR Setup Extractor [April Fools]
(95 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG