The online racing simulator
I like those new overtaking challenges. You don't need to finish first, but it motivated me to do so anyway.
How do you guys find the will to play those spoon-fed challenges, I've found them an insult. They weren't capable of providing a classic hotlap leaderboards and they substituted it with that shite.
Quote from Boris Lozac :How do you guys find the will to play those spoon-fed challenges, I've found them an insult. They weren't capable of providing a classic hotlap leaderboards and they substituted it with that shite.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/31510752.jpg ..they always have to have something "special". GT series is very "special" in some ways...

I am very tolerant though, i enjoy it as it is and at least it keeps me interested in the game, so it doesn't catch dust.
Quote from Boris Lozac :How do you guys find the will to play those spoon-fed challenges, I've found them an insult. They weren't capable of providing a classic hotlap leaderboards and they substituted it with that shite.

The seasonals are really bad no question about it. It is pretty amazing how bad job pd has managed to do with them lately. Especially because in the latest seasonals pd for some reason has forced driver aids which you can not even turn off. So the seasonal races are pointless "catch the rabbit" chases most of the time and not even worth playing.

Personally I just play the good ones and imho the bmw z4 m3 time trial is fun.
Currently the highest ranked Australian in the Weider overtake challenge.

Also to the above comment, Aids are not forced they are just on default you change them manually.
Quote from Mustafur :Currently the highest ranked Australian in the Weider overtake challenge.

Also to the above comment, Aids are not forced they are just on default you change them manually.

On the last 5 seasonal races or so srf is forced on and you can not turn it off. SRF basically artificially adds grip to a tire when it is sliding. So it is not just a driving aid but it also changes the physics.
Quote from Hyperactive :On the last 5 seasonal races or so srf is forced on and you can not turn it off. SRF basically artificially adds grip to a tire when it is sliding. So it is not just a driving aid but it also changes the physics.

No your confused with it being not allowed, i know the difference between it being on and off and its definitely off the last sector on the Weider is like driving on ice which wouldn't be the case if it was on.

look through this click on their names(it shows what aids they used and what not), and you will find everyone has skid recovery off: http://eu.gran-turismo.com/au/products/gt5/event/d59984.html
Quote from Mustafur :No your confused with it being not allowed, i know the difference between it being on and off and its definitely off the last sector on the Weider is like driving on ice which wouldn't be the case if it was on.

look through this click on their names(it shows what aids they used and what not), and you will find everyone has skid recovery off: http://eu.gran-turismo.com/au/products/gt5/event/d59984.html

Yes, in the latest overtaking challenges it is not allowed but in the last 4 or 5 seasonal races before the newest overtaking challenges it was forced on and you could not turn it off.

Here is the list of recent seasonal races:
650PP NASCAR Challenge - SRF forced on and can not be turned off
750PP Real Circuit Tour - SRF forced on and can not be turned off
PP590 German Touring Car Championship - SRF forced on and can not be turned off
380PP NR-A Roadster Cup - SRF forced on and can not be turned off
400PP World Compact Car Race - SRF forced on and can not be turned off
600PP Super GT - SRF wasn't forced on I think

Personally I just think it is insanely stupid move from pd to force srf on. Just insanely stupid.
Quote from Hyperactive :Yes, in the latest overtaking challenges it is not allowed but in the last 4 or 5 seasonal races before the newest overtaking challenges it was forced on and you could not turn it off.

Here is the list of recent seasonal races:
650PP NASCAR Challenge - SRF forced on and can not be turned off
750PP Real Circuit Tour - SRF forced on and can not be turned off
PP590 German Touring Car Championship - SRF forced on and can not be turned off
380PP NR-A Roadster Cup - SRF forced on and can not be turned off
400PP World Compact Car Race - SRF forced on and can not be turned off
600PP Super GT - SRF wasn't forced on I think

Personally I just think it is insanely stupid move from pd to force srf on. Just insanely stupid.

oh there just seasonal Ai championships though no one cares for that, racing against GT Ai is always going to be fail.
Bit of a bump but if you don't know already GT6 is being revealed today @ Silverstone. GTPlanet have a live blog. https://twitter.com/gtplanetnews

First pic:
Quote :We’re pleased to deliver GT6 to PlayStation 3 as we have a very loyal community on that platform.” explained Kazunori Yamauchi.

Launching a system seller game for the previous generation console at the same time as the next generation console launches... what.
Why are they making this for the 5 generations back PS3, instead of the 2 generations back PS4?

I've read it will have 1200 cars? How much of those will look like shit, like with GT5?
Quote from Franky.S :well,
confirmed by kaz himself gt6 will be compatible with PS3, PC, tablet and smart phone.

more detailed info here:

https://twitter.com/gtplanetnews

That just means web browser based lap timings etc, just like B-spec races can now be controlled from browser in GT5.
1200 cars wow
300 Skylines.
Looking forward to the improved course maker, hopefully if can do long A to B country style roads or hill climb courses now
Quote :Enhancements and improvements also extend to a much-improved course maker function, which will provide several kilometers of gorgeous scenery, including the magnificent backdrop of Andalucía. The course maker will also include a new GPS data feature, which will increase the freedom of track creation in the game.

New tyre/physics model they say

One pic shows track conditions with temperature
Dynamic leaves on Autumn ring

edit 2- full 25min presentation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxnAffMHu-Y

GT6 will use adaptive tesselation!

Soft shadows in interior - GT5 didn't have that

A lot more body roll than GT5...

Doesn't this feel a little bit rushed? I don't know, should've been a PS4 launch tittle and not compatible with PS3.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Doesn't this feel a little bit rushed? I don't know, should've been a late PS4 launch tittle and not compatible with PS3.

Install base? 70 Million PS3...
@Boris
In all previous years there were two GT game for every PS console so I guess its only logical its the same now.

I just hope they actually improve GT6 and as every previous GT it will be a game which sets standards and they dont releasing it now, just because they want to start working on GT for PS4.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG