The online racing simulator
C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Oh god, it hurts my eyes! And people pay for that, oh dear. I would be embarrassed if an E30 handled like that IRL.

I think a lot of people who paid for it (myself included) did so because surprisingly many people in sim forums said it's actually decent. What I think is really happening, is that a lot of those people who bought it early are actually in buyers remorse and trying to convince themself, and others that this thing actually has some promise of delivering a good sim. The exact same thing was happening with the whole War Z scandal, yet there's still people out there who lost their money claiming it's all great, money well spent, nothing wrong at all, everything will be fixed in the future.

In hindsight, I wish I had followed common sense and not paid any attention to PCARS, since Slightly Mad have zero track record as of yet at delivering anything realistic at all. Sure all devs have to start from somewhere, but when you base your racing simulator on the NFS Shift engine without scrapping the physics code, you're going ass backwards in to a cactus. It pains me so much to see ISR advertise PCARS to be "right up there" with actual proper sims, making more people buy in to it.

If anyone is tempted in paying for PCARS because someone somewhere has said it's cooking up to be a great simulator, all I can say is don't do it, if you want something even remotely sim-like. It might turn out to be some kind of a Forza competitor for the PC, but this is not the sim you're looking for.
No-one has bought it yet, it is not on sale yet.
That's why I said paid for it, not buy it.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Oh god, it hurts my eyes! And people pay for that, oh dear. I would be embarrassed if an E30 handled like that IRL.

Keep telling they improved NFS Shit physics a lot and now it's totally different and much more realistic. Different my ass.

Yeah we know, you don't like this game. Get over it.

Have you actually tried it? It's quite decent IMO.
Quote from Bose321 :Have you actually tried it? It's quite decent IMO.

Sure, looking at that video, and million other ones clearly indicates it's "quite decent". I'm not even wasting a penny for it.
If you say it's decent and feels good, then you have problems, because it clearly looks utter shit. Use your eyes, maybe.
It's not a sim yet, but it is improving. I have no idea what they consider 'acceptable' or 'perfection', so it may be really good, or it might be a let down for purists. At this stage it's hard to tell.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Sure, looking at that video, and million other ones clearly indicates it's "quite decent". I'm not even wasting a penny for it.
If you say it's decent and feels good, then you have problems, because it clearly looks utter shit. Use your eyes, maybe.

A simple no would've sufficed.
From my POV it's very far from LFS, iR and especially AC. It's just another arcade game in the mix for me. The videos pretty much speak for themselves, and can confirm from my own experiences it just isn't up there..
Quote from Matrixi :I think a lot of people who paid for it (myself included) did so because surprisingly many people in sim forums said it's actually decent. What I think is really happening, is that a lot of those people who bought it early are actually in buyers remorse and trying to convince themself, and others that this thing actually has some promise of delivering a good sim. The exact same thing was happening with the whole War Z scandal, yet there's still people out there who lost their money claiming it's all great, money well spent, nothing wrong at all, everything will be fixed in the future.

In hindsight, I wish I had followed common sense and not paid any attention to PCARS, since Slightly Mad have zero track record as of yet at delivering anything realistic at all. Sure all devs have to start from somewhere, but when you base your racing simulator on the NFS Shift engine without scrapping the physics code, you're going ass backwards in to a cactus. It pains me so much to see ISR advertise PCARS to be "right up there" with actual proper sims, making more people buy in to it.

If anyone is tempted in paying for PCARS because someone somewhere has said it's cooking up to be a great simulator, all I can say is don't do it, if you want something even remotely sim-like. It might turn out to be some kind of a Forza competitor for the PC, but this is not the sim you're looking for.

Honestly, a few weeks ago the Z4 GT3 was the best GT car I'd ever driven in a sim. It got a little worse with some tweaks but the whole thing is still evolving.

Not everything in it is good right now. Some stuff might never be, who knows. But it really isn't nearly as bad as you're making it out to be. It's already better than rF1 ever was and before iR made it big, rF was the defacto racing sim (not me personally, but that's beside the point).
First RUF is coming this Friday.
Tango
So much nonsense
Quote from Matrixi :
In hindsight, I wish I had followed common sense and not paid any attention to PCARS, since Slightly Mad have zero track record as of yet at delivering anything realistic at all. Sure all devs have to start from somewhere, but when you base your racing simulator on the NFS Shift engine without scrapping the physics code, you're going ass backwards in to a cactus.

As far as I know the physic code was never the same and you can be sure that the STM model is made from scratch, multiplayer code is made from scratch, tons of lightning code changes. The only thing that reminds me of shift, is visual stuff like awkwardly "boogie dancing" mirrors, font, random and UI.

But yeah... haters gonna hate

And yeah, RUF on PLACEHOLDER PHYSICS (But you guys will ignore that anyways)
inb4 looks like need for speed

Can't wait to try that Porsch...RUF, they look sweet.
Oh.. My... God...

That is a much worse video then the E30 one. It looks like crap. Waiting on the first person who makes a side by side video of this and an onboard lap of a real RUF on the real Nordschleife.

edit; http://youtu.be/83rlDPfSdMw?t=11s

Quote from cargame.nl :Oh.. My... God...

That is a much worse video then the E30 one. It looks like crap. Waiting on the first person who makes a side by side video of this and an onboard lap of a real RUF on the real Nordschleife.

http://youtu.be/83rlDPfSdMw?t=11s

What part of placeholder physics can't you grasp? I'm not going to champion for something that's done wrong, but in this case it just hasn't been done yet. That's a low blow, dude.
The physics part. You can't call this physics at all, can you?
Nobody is calling them physics. It's a placeholder... in place of physics... to presumably test other things like collision boxes, or reflections, or LOD models, or interiors etc.
Quote from John5200 :So much nonsense

As far as I know the physic code was never the same and you can be sure that the STM model is made from scratch, multiplayer code is made from scratch, tons of lightning code changes. The only thing that reminds me of shift, is visual stuff like awkwardly "boogie dancing" mirrors, font, random and UI.

But yeah... haters gonna hate

And yeah, RUF on PLACEHOLDER PHYSICS (But you guys will ignore that anyways)

I don't get it. So you admit PCARS physics are a failure in their current state, but say they will be fixed in future? What guarantee do you have on this, Ian Bells word? I just don't get it how PCARS gets forgiven everything on the promise of "oh, it'll all be fixed in the future" exactly like with War Z. We are discussing how it feels AT THE MOMENT, isn't that the whole point of testing unfinished games?

They have had two years to start working on the physics, and all they have done is add more and more unfinished content and graphical bling rather than jumping on the elephant in the room and getting it over with. If the physics code was never the same, how come all cars, regardless of their configuration, still have that same generic four wheel drive lurch like in NFS Shift when driven on the limit as I showed in the E30 video?

One thing I have to say, is that PCARS do have the most avid fanboys I've ever seen in any sim though, even going well beyond the LFS fans of the old times. Go to their forums and it's almost hilarious how blindly they defend it from any naysayers. But hey, if you enjoy it, then good for you. I certainly am NOT happy with it in its current state, if that makes me a hater, so be it.
Quote from John5200 :selfproclaimed super prof

Do you actually think this looks anywhere near realistic?
Quote from Matrixi :I don't get it. So you admit PCARS physics are a failure in their current state, but say they will be fixed in future? What guarantee do you have on this, Ian Bells word? I just don't get it how PCARS gets forgiven everything on the promise of "oh, it'll all be fixed in the future" exactly like with War Z. We are discussing how it feels AT THE MOMENT, isn't that the whole point of testing unfinished games?

And at the moment, the stuff that has gotten attention is pretty good. Like the Z4 GT3, for instance.

Quote :One thing I have to say, is that PCARS do have the most avid fanboys I've ever seen in any sim though, even going well beyond the LFS fans of the old times. Go to their forums and it's almost hilarious how blindly they defend it from any naysayers. But hey, if you enjoy it, then good for you. I certainly am NOT happy with it in its current state, if that makes me a hater, so be it.

I'd disagree, actually. I find that rF and iR have the worst fanboys. And at its peak, LFS wasn't too far behind. pCARS community in general is pretty good, but of course, there will be some slipups. It's got its fanboys, but I wouldn't consider them to be the most zealous of the lot.
Seeing the AC downvote stupidity on Steam today by (what I'd imagine) iR fanboys, you might have a point there.
Quote from Matrixi :So you admit PCARS physics are a failure in their current state, but say they will be fixed in future?

When did I say it's a failure, when did I say it will be awesome super best ever?!

I say: If I look back a year, then I see, wow a LOT has been done and improved and what not. I mean alone the comparison between BTM and STM is a day and night difference. I don't say it's terrible, I don't say it's absolutely über awesome in every situation, but just like every single other sims on this planet it has parts it shines at, and it has parts that don't need to be commented on. I will make a solid statement when it's anywhere close to finished....

Will I buy it when it comes out? Yes. Already because I absolutely LOVE the way it's developed, a AAA title without 08/15 publisher, seeing stuff, that you usually wouldn't, developers giving quite detailed information about what they did to fix stuff etc. You make a suggestion and see how it get's debated and how it makes it's way into the game, I absolutely love that stuff

Quote from cargame.nl :
edit; http://youtu.be/83rlDPfSdMw?t=11s

This is an entirely different car. (Which will come later though)

Do yourself a favor and look at pCARS when it's DONE.

And when will you guys learn, that the ones doing 3D stuff and the one doing physics coding, GUI coding or rendering coding are ENTIRELY different persons (often even living on other sides of the planet). So yeah, they CAN work on physics while adding 3D content without hindering each other. It's not like one guy sitting there doing everything

It's so useless to argue with you guys, I'm out...

Edit: actually I don't even get the fanboy part. In this thread, I see not a single post of "ZOMG ITS THE BEST SIM EVAAAA!!!!oneoneone". I see a couple of guys saying: It goes into the right direction and guys saying: "ZOMG sucks..." "why?" "ZOMG sucks..." -.- (obviously exaggerated)
Quote from Matrixi :Seeing the AC downvote stupidity on Steam today by (what I'd imagine) iR fanboys, you might have a point there.

Yea, that's just bloody sad. People really are pathetic.
This game is on Alpha Stage right now, don't be so rude guys .. A lot of change is coming for each cars and the physics.. Some cars are in PreAlpha stage like the BMW M3 E30 (mid-January).. Devs are nice, they really want to do something "right" with that simgame.. and they are going in the right direction.. they listen and adjust as needed all parts of the game, physics, graphics, cars, etc.. it's a new style of developpement and it's working quite well for now, i think.
Quote from John5200 :And when will you guys learn, that the ones doing 3D stuff and the one doing physics coding, GUI coding or rendering coding are ENTIRELY different persons (often even living on other sides of the planet). So yeah, they CAN work on physics while adding 3D content without hindering each other. It's not like one guy sitting there doing everything

I'm surprised that this has to be said over and over again. Seriously, it's so moronic that lots of people can't comprehend that.
wow people actually downvoted assetto corsa? i have been oblivious to the drama.

Is the lancer evolution not out? or only available to senior members?

C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG