The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :I think the tech demo is for all, if the purposse is to test on as many machines as possible, then why limit it only to nK pro users..

So they can test the license system as well.

Quote :Aristotelis Vasilakos: Technology preview is probably going to be free for people having an nKP license.
First of all it is a way to say thank you to people who have supported us AND also a way to test the code authorisation system of AC, which is really needed.

Well, that sucks..
funni boi
Quote from Boris Lozac :Well, that sucks..

I do think it is only fair for supporters to get first pick, there will be a demo for everybody too just a little later. That aside netkar really is a steal, the hillclimb alone is worth the 15 euro you pay for digital download (7 euro for boxed version plus shipping)
Quote from troy :That aside netkar really is a steal, the hillclimb alone is worth the 15 euro you pay for digital download (7 euro for boxed version plus shipping)

This.
It's even better with Kegetys' soapbox and his reverse-hillclimb. So much fun
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's even better with Kegetys' soapbox and his reverse-hillclimb. So much fun

Where can I find this?
Quote from sinbad :Where can I find this?

http://www.kegetys.fi/misc/ for the soapbox.

As for the reverse hill-climb. Come to IRC and someone will hook you up with a link (I don't think we can redist it because it's technically distributing NKP's content).
Quote from dawesdust_12 :As for the reverse hill-climb...

It (Trento Bondone reverse) is actually included in the Mäkiauto pro package.
Quote from Kegetys :It (Trento Bondone reverse) is actually included in the Mäkiauto pro package.

Ah! The more you know.
Rumour has it the Tech Preview is coming before the end of February.

In other news: The tech preview will be ready before December 2012.
Edit: blergh!
Well, going to be interesting to see if my computer can run this!
I'm guessing that is the car for it then?
Kunos tweeted demo before feb 20th a few days ago, so not much longer to go if that's still the plan.
Please release it next week when I have a school break.
please this week since I have holiday this week : |
Will it be free or what?
Quote from Amynue :Will it be free or what?

Free, only if you have bought nKPro. You can buy it here instantly: http://www.netkar-pro.com/main/

Or have it delivered in a box: http://www.game.co.uk/en/nkpro-racing-187819

The reason why the first technology preview is license based is so that they can test the functionality of their license checking system. Take it like a demo of LFS with only S2 content available. So you can download the demo without any code, but actually playing it requires a code.

I remember nKPro having a weird license system, where you could launch any track with any car, but the car just didn't start without a code entered while starting up the game, you could walk around the track but no driving was allowed. Of course it had demo content where you could drive the formula1600 offline. AC might be similar in that regard, but i doubt it since they said it's a different system altogether.

I will add this quote for the third time in this thread:

Quote :Aristotelis Vasilakos: Technology preview is probably going to be free for people having an nKP license.
First of all it is a way to say thank you to people who have supported us AND also a way to test the code authorisation system of AC, which is really needed.

After some time from the release of the tech preview, we are going to release a proper demo with more features and that will be free for all.

All in all, don' t worry people, you will be able to properly test AC before committing to a buy.

Eww. do not want.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Good! You can stop posting about it now.

Aww come on. No need to be hostile. Don't you remember our valentines day?
Anyone received this?

"Dear Sir,

as you might know, Kunos Simulazioni is producing "Assetto Corsa" a new racing game for PC Windows: Because in the past you showed interest in our new project, today we are glad to offer you our "Assetto Corsa Technology Preview" before the public release."

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG