The online racing simulator
With the way he'll be on her rear end, she'll finish. Never said she'll be on the same lap though. And who knows what damage she will have.
Quote from PMD9409 :With the way he'll be on her rear end, she'll finish. Never said she'll be on the same lap though. And who knows what damage she will have.

Right over his head.
She'll be on lap 1 and he might be on lap 200

Anyways, I don't think that the bump draft will be much a factor in the Daytona 500 this year
Quote from UncleBenny :...

Right over his head.

We were both on the same page.

I guess I should have said she won't make it as far.
Well, we've renewed our Bristol tickets for 2013

Allison E 21

Nationwide and Sprint Cup
This year there won't be a limit to the number of competitors in the NASCAR Fantasy League (well, 43, but that won't be an issue )

There's some pains on the new Website, but once you get in there's not many problems. Getting in is the hard part

Anyways, I'm going to combine the two leagues that I did last year (LFS and people that I know IRL) into one, then we'll fill the full league by going public on February the 17th. After that time you may not be able to get in I'm afraid. The one I just created public yesterday was full this morning

League Name: Sprint Cup
Password: cam

The league name "Sprint Cup" wasn't taken yet So I took it!

http://fantasygames.nascar.com/live
Hugh Jass Racing is a go.
I just created a new account. I didn't want to have to deal with that.
Signing in worked fine here, had to create a new team though.

Mike Bush Racing is about to deliver an onslaught.
Fueled by Pizza™ is gonna wreck you all
Not sure if this is old news, but Darrell Wallace will be full time this year in the #54 KBM Toyota Tundra

I was hoping that he would land a ride . The kid seems to have a lot of tallent.

Quote :Last year, in four starts in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, Wallace finished on the lead lap all four times, posting three top 10s. In 36 career races in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series, Wallace has posted six race victories and 16 top-five finishes

http://nascar.speedtv.com/arti ... wallace-is-the-real-bubba

The day is coming when some new tallent will starting pushing out the old at the Sprint Cup level, and I'm more than ready for it . It will happen slowly of course, and will involve a lot of waiting.
Quote from Cornys :Not sure if this is old news, but Darrell Wallace will be full time this year in the #54 KBM Toyota Tundra

And his car:

http://espn.go.com/racing/nasc ... race-pending-100m-upgrade

Quote :The Brickyard 400 traditionally is held on Sunday afternoon in late July. Boles said excessive heat for the race has contributed to declining attendance at that event. Estimated attendance has dropped from 280,0000 in 2006 to 125,000 in 2012.

lol.
I didn't know that tyre failures every 10 laps caused 'excessive heat'. Maybe its the other way around
Quote from JackDaMaster :I didn't know that tyre failures every 10 laps caused 'excessive heat'. Maybe its the other way around

Yeah

What about removing the seats on the inside of the track too while they are at it and moving them elsewhere? Then attendance might go up. I'd consider going for the Brickyard 400 rather than only thinking about going for the Indy 500 if they just got rid of the seats on the inside. The heat wouldn't bother me

http://espn.go.com/rpm/convers ... l-air-titan-dryer-daytona

The new system for track drying has been dubbed the "Air Titan".

http://espn.go.com/racing/nasc ... ney-last-five-spots-field

Money has also been taken away from the final five positions in order to try and reduce start and park profits
In the end it will just be reducing the field size.
Quote from PMD9409 :In the end it will just be reducing the field size.

Possibly, but when you look at it, at a race like Watkins Glen with the lowest purse of last year in the Sprint Cup ( http://racing-reference.info/r ... r_Lakes_355_at_the_Glen/W ) it will greatly penalize starting and parking and it will give developing teams who don't start and park more money as long as they finish in the top 38.

27th - $77,735 (90/90 laps)
35th - $65,360 (42/90 laps)
38th - $64,853 (25/90 laps)
39th - $93,008 (24/90 laps)
40th - $61,845 (15/90 laps)
41st - $61,680 (5/90 laps)
42nd - $61,555 (2/90 laps)
43rd - $61,930 (0/90 laps)

The #55 of Brian Vickers finished last that race and can be ignored as well as the 39th place finisher (Jamie McMurry). They receive prize money differently because they run the entire schedule (the team in the case of the 55) and do well in most races and have sponsorship.

This year it would look like this (minus misfortune on championship competitors parts):

27th - $79,000 (100%)
35th - $68,000 (95%)
38th - $64,000 (70%)
39th - $60,000 (65%)
40th - $56,000 (20%)
41st - $52,000 (15%)
42nd - $48,000 (1%)
43rd - $44,000 (1%)

I would most certainly try to run the whole race and finish 35th if I had the money to do so. It could provide me with $24,000 more than what it would have before if I would have just parked. Do that 5 times and I could (with the extra money that I earned alone) almost buy another race car in-case that one was wrecked. Way I see it start and parks didn't really race anyways

Start and Park in the Daytona 500 probably won't happen though with last year's last place receiving $267,637 .

Also it should be noted that prize money as a whole will go up for 2013. All the money taken away from the bottom 5 would provide everybody else $1,500 more if it was spread evenly as well.

Quote :NASCAR spokesman Kerry Tharp emphasized this is not a reduction in purses, that the overall prize money in 2013 will increase slightly. He said the money taken away from the last five spots will be redistributed "throughout the remainder of the field.''

It would be better if they gave the final places $30,000 less, but then gave them a bonus of $300 for each percent of the race that they finished

It also depends on what the cost of the new car is and the cost of attending a race for a team of course.

2013 NASCAR Thread for the Rednecks
(1309 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG