The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
I tried the C6 and Ford GT at the weekend, both feel more attached to the road than they did before and do not exhibit the weird low speed loss of grip that they used to.

I even managed to jump straight into a 40min race with the Ford and finish with only a couple of spins. Last time I tried it I could barely manage a lap it was so unintuitive to drive.
The FGT has gotten the biggest update for me. It is now really nice to drive, to the point where I may even stop driving the HPD and give the FGT a run this season.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :it definitely feels nice to drive, the HPD is so understeer-y, especially with the fixed setup. Although, I only just bought the FGT, no idea what it was like before the update.

I don't think I've ever run a full season before, but aiming to do Grand am and PGT challenge this season

Me too. May dab a bit in the GT challenge series.
Never done an official F1 race. I just can't drive that car for the life of me.
Yeah as a a kiwi you'll have a hard time finding good races. Normally there are no big races during weekdays (unless it's spa, WG or one of the more popular tracks). The races are normally sat/sun evening european prime time which is kind of late for you.
Tire update is horrible. Cadillac can do one lap and that the tires are gone....
MX5 is so boring now
Quote from Klouczech :Tire update is horrible. Cadillac can do one lap and that the tires are gone....
MX5 is so boring now

At least I can actually drive the MX-5 now...... But what have they done to the Solstice?! It's awful! Why do they fix things that aren't broken

EDIT: And oh good god the Street Stock. I imagine the rookie races are going to be CARNAGE. (not that they weren't already!)
Quote from J@tko :At least I can actually drive the MX-5 now...... But what have they done to the Solstice?! It's awful! Why do they fix things that aren't broken

EDIT: And oh good god the Street Stock. I imagine the rookie races are going to be CARNAGE. (not that they weren't already!)

I used to love the solstice. I resubbed the other day and tried driving it.. Absolute junk. I want to demand a refund it's so bad.

When a ****ing 3000 lb stock car feels more nimble and planted than a slow road car with slicks.. there's something wrong.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I used to love the solstice. I resubbed the other day and tried driving it.. Absolute junk. I want to demand a refund it's so bad.

When a ****ing 3000 lb stock car feels more nimble and planted than a slow road car with slicks.. there's something wrong.

iirc the Solstice isnt on slick tyres. Also it weighs 3000lbs as well.
WTF you guys dissin' my Solstice. Why is it absolute junk? Its so brilliant to drive. (except for the gearing, but that had always been so)
I used to love it. Now I find it handles like a drunk chick on a Friday night
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I used to love it. Now I find it handles like a drunk chick on a Friday night

This. It's now as bad as it was good. The MX-5 now though. Wow. It almost handles like it's in LFS <3
Did they change the MX-5 in the 2013 season update? If so, kind of tempted to go for the 3 month re-sub offer that just popped in email..
It's been changed, yes. It's not the holy grail, but it drives pretty good.
Quote from J@tko :This. It's now as bad as it was good. The MX-5 now though. Wow. It almost handles like it's in LFS <3

its actualy predictable now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I used to love it. Now I find it handles like a drunk chick on a Friday night

Quote from J@tko :This. It's now as bad as it was good. The MX-5 now though. Wow. It almost handles like it's in LFS <3

Noo more Solstice bashing. Its easy to drive and you don't even need any setup changes. Just run the Baseline.

on another note, I need to go test the Mx5.
Quote from jrd.racer :Noo more Solstice bashing. Its easy to drive and you don't even need any setup changes. Just run the Baseline.

on another note, I need to go test the Mx5.

Have you driven it on this build? It's not easy to drive any more.
It's not fun. At all.
I have done a race with it with about 6 laps practice with the baseline and the car felt great.
i tried to do a champ with the mx5 since i became lic. D. the car felt good on the straights,so i decided not to run the champ,coz there will be turns probably on the tracks.
Quote from e2mustang :i tried to do a champ with the mx5 since i became lic. D. the car felt good on the straights,so i decided not to run the champ,coz there will be turns probably on the tracks.

lol
This thread is closed

iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG