The online racing simulator
You removed the beginning of the sentence. He opened with:
Quote :Possibly add some more space and a motorway around the city, going to some more rural areas with open-rally cross tracks, even if they were just a mash-up of existing RallyX courses.

To me, that just sound like some speculations.

The weight in the suggestion is here:
Quote :You could slightly rework the city course, adding more roads, junctions, unlocking parking places and multi-storeys for players to roam free.

The way I read this is basically open up the locked roads already in South City, maybe adding more where they fit in. Unlocking all the unused junctions which are also already there. Add some finish to everything.

Quote :Unless of course you want the world to be just a flat piece of tarmac. I for one don't want anything like that. Besides I don't believe it would be that nice to drive there with the current LFS physics. It would feel like all the roads were just paved with new tarmac. LFS just lacks the bumpiness needed for country roads.

That doesn't fit anything of what he wrote.
The thing about having a big city in LFS would benefit for having a street race, where there is no possibilities to cause any harm to other people, having a mean for in real life, which would cause injuries or even deaths.

But still, I am pretty sure people does make it everyday somewhere, it is illegal, but there is people who likes to make illegal things, that does not automaticalle make people bad.

I have started to understand many different people. I am not going to judge and that case is not for me. I just try to say that some people kills other people, well it is wrong as hell, but have to understand why and have to understand for having other solution.

So what I try to say, I say it now!

You "pro racers" are against this, because you are scared this would increase more noobs to disturb your life in LFS. But then you are forgetting something...

You were once a noob too.

But this is normal situation. You are against all radical things and ideas for LFS because you are scared it would change your life. I just say, life is and will always have a possibility to change. You just never understand it, and if you try to say that "yes I do, but" or "no, you are wrong...", I can easily then tell to myself of what kind of people you are. But then have to remember a one important point.

Never judge, try to understand. If you fail to understand, try to find out why and try again.

Cheers.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :

But this is normal situation. You are against all radical things and ideas for LFS because you are scared it would change your life. I just say, life is and will always have a possibility to change. You just never understand it, and if you try to say that "yes I do, but" or "no, you are wrong...", I can easily then tell to myself of what kind of people you are. But then have to remember a one important point.

Cheers.

We are not against change - in fact that is something we haven't been seeing in LFS since... well 09', and small patches here and there. We are saying that if we were to see development that it'd occur in the places that would best benefit the community - mostly racing. I mean, that's what LFS was originally made for. Most of the people who don't like realism or sim-racing wouldn't have come to LFS in the first place, and so making something that is arcadish won't appeal to most of the community - because they aren't playing LFS. That's what we are saying.

I don't know why you are getting so pissed off. Chill This isn't a life-story, so you don't need to tell us what you learned ten years ago about how to interact with people. It's just a discussion... a discussion that I'm sure Scavier won't read so it won't make a difference anyway.

Quote : You "pro racers" are against this, because you are scared this would increase more noobs to disturb your life

Change my life... uhhh no.

Quote : You were once a noob too.

What are you trying to imply here? I was a noob, and I still am

Quote : Never judge, try to understand.

Finally, try to understand me too. I'm not trying to start a flame war, but understand where we are coming from and our point of view.
Quote from GenesisX :We are not against change - in fact that is something we haven't been seeing in LFS since... well 09', and small patches here and there. We are saying that if we were to see development that it'd occur in the places that would best benefit the community - mostly racing. I mean, that's what LFS was originally made for. Most of the people who don't like realism or sim-racing wouldn't have come to LFS in the first place, and so making something that is arcadish won't appeal to most of the community - because they aren't playing LFS. That's what we are saying.

I don't know why you are getting so pissed off. Chill This isn't a life-story, so you don't need to tell us what you learned ten years ago about how to interact with people. It's just a discussion... a discussion that I'm sure Scavier won't read so it won't make a difference anyway.

Change my life... uhhh no.

What are you trying to imply here? I was a noob, and I still am

Finally, try to understand me too. I'm not trying to start a flame war, but understand where we are coming from and our point of view.

Yes, I do understand, but I think you missed my thoughts there on out, and first of all, I did not meant you ( not that much that should mention about it)
I've always been curious to see if anyone would bring out an open world environment with the physics of

Sim Racing is all about Simulating Racing, and LFS does a brilliant job at that. The physics and system behind it could easily support an open

Some days its nice to just have a cruise without the stress of necessarily keeping your pace for a certain race.

I think eventually there will be a developer that takes on a physics engine and expands it in the way similar to Forza Horizon did, in particular that game title still contributes a racing component but one which is more widely available to others.

While I do live and breathe Sim Racing I won't let it necessarily stop me from enjoying driving titles which can be just as involving and challenging.

I would love to see a career based Open World Map Driving title similar to the setup in which euro Truck Simulator 2 is based around with the inclusion of real world obstacles like traffic and the addition of varied cars and an excellent physics engine.

The game won't always appeal to everyone, but on the PC the idea hasn't been tried to its full extent.
Sorry for late response but had some other things to do besides typing on a forum.
Quote from pärtan :You removed the beginning of the sentence. He opened with

Didn't alter the meaning of the sentence. So what's your point?
My point was that cruisers were given open configs. This is what cruisers are saying when actually open configs were ment for creating alternate track configurations for racing. Cruisers now want more. More roads opened and the next step of wanting is present in the OP. Motorways and rural areas around SO. So cruisers will always want more and more. And the content that cruisers want is not directly linked to what LFS is. LFS is and will always be an "Online racing simulator". Not a cruising simulator. Not a driving simulator.

Quote :That doesn't fit anything of what he wrote.

No but it fits into what you and other cruisers are saying about how easy making open worlds is. A flat tarmac wasteland is easy, yes. A realistic open world is extremely hard to do. Just check what has been done so far in the whole gaming industry.

@UM21
What ever is possible in LFS will have no effect in the people who do illegal street races.
Quote from March Hare :

@UM21
What ever is possible in LFS will have no effect in the people who do illegal street races.

I do understand your point, but I still need to disagree about it, altough just partially, but that depends only with about human mind of course. However I have proofs of it. ( No, not me lol )

EDIT: Of course, it can affect simply opposite on it
Quote from March Hare :
No but it fits into what you and other cruisers are saying about how easy making open worlds is. A flat tarmac wasteland is easy, yes. A realistic open world is extremely hard to do. Just check what has been done so far in the whole gaming industry.

I never said it's easy to build a big open map from scratch. Also, I never said that should be done. And neither does the poster of this thread, from the way I percieve it. Of course there are people who would want it but even I agree that it's unrealistic. However a rework on South City isn't unrealistic. It would benefit racers by giving them more layouts. It would be beneficial to cruisers. It would be beneficial to everyone.

Also let's make another thing clear. An open map isn't my suggestion and I'm not just arguing because I desperately want to see this happen. The reason I'm arguing is because of the attitude which exists on this forum towards any suggestion which is presented in an incorrect way and towards the posters of these suggestions.

If you had any confidence at all in the developers of LFS, you wouldn't feel the need to defend this game at all costs displaying a bad attitude in the process.
Quote from pärtan :I never said it's easy to build a big open map from scratch. Also, I never said that should be done. And neither does the poster of this thread, from the way I percieve it. Of course there are people who would want it but even I agree that it's unrealistic. However a rework on South City isn't unrealistic. It would benefit racers by giving them more layouts. It would be beneficial to cruisers. It would be beneficial to everyone.

Also let's make another thing clear. An open map isn't my suggestion and I'm not just arguing because I desperately want to see this happen. The reason I'm arguing is because of the attitude which exists on this forum towards any suggestion which is presented in an incorrect way and towards the posters of these suggestions.

If you had any confidence at all in the developers of LFS, you wouldn't feel the need to defend this game at all costs displaying a bad attitude in the process.

I'll buy this guy a drink the next time he's in my area! Finally someone who agrees to disagree but doesn't have to bite into every detail or cause a full on battle, hats off to you sir!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG