The online racing simulator
Nice to see you back
Quote from EQ Worry :Aonio 2.5.8 is available with just two small improvements.

You mean Aonio 1.5.8 ?

Have one little question. I'm running and closing Aonio via scripts
Quote :
taskkill /im Aonio.exe

Is it possible to lost some data when killing task like this? (untill now everything was fine)
Is there some command for exit?
Ah! Corrected the version number, thanks!

Seeing the code, I believe Aonio saves PB/TB/fuel on every change, so I think killing it should be a relatively safe process, unless it is writing something right at the time. Myself, I always stop Aonio by pressing Q in its console, which is most safe...
I'm suffering a bizarre behaviour.

After aonio connects to lfs, I can't turn the head left or right. The virtual mirror disapears while pressing the button to turn head. mirror reapears as button is released...

It only happens when aonio is connected. so I think that somethingweird is happening with aonio+lfs

Does anyone else observed this problem?
Any ideas to solve it?
To say it carefully.. Read?

Quote :
# Manage in-car camera, simulating real perception by leveling the
# horizon. With this mode advanced in-car camera mode is used,
# changing the driving experience. Looking left and right using
# standard keys is then not possible, but see below.
SmoothInCarCamera=yes

# Activate looking using signal lights, allowing to look left/right
# by standard signal lights keys, 7 and 8. Look back using key 9.
# After 1 second the view is switched back to front and signal
# lights are turned off using 0. Set the look angle in degrees.
LookUsingSignals=yes
LookAngle=60

Yes, that's the one. Either you can have smooth (and more natural, it seems to me) in car camera, or the standard look left/right, not both at the same time.
You were right. I changed that settings and the problem dissapeared.

Thanks a lot!!
Bump!

How can I disable that modified camera movement?
Ehh what?

You are not asking the same question as five posts earlier do you?
Quote from Sobis :Bump!

read the config.
should be this.

SmoothInCarCamera=

LookUsingSignals=no
LookAngle=90

if you use that, you will only have LFS's camera smoothness.
Quote from Dennis93 :read the config.
should be this.

SmoothInCarCamera=

LookUsingSignals=no
LookAngle=90

if you use that, you will only have LFS's camera smoothness.

I tried to change the SmoothInCarCamera setting (both Yes and No), but it's still the same and yes, I did restart Aonio everytime.
Quote from Sobis :I tried to change the SmoothInCarCamera setting (both Yes and No), but it's still the same and yes, I did restart Aonio everytime.

There are several cfg files if I remember well, try changing SmoothInCarCamera settings in other ones also.
I'm changing it in all 4 .cfg's
I can not run
help
Attached images
help.JPG
You don't have Google in your country?

0xc0000135
Quote :Windows will give you this error if you try to run any application that requires the ".NET Framework" to run, but your computer does not have

Install .NET and you are done.
tnx
Quote from Sobis :Bump!

Anyone?
Quote from Sobis :Anyone?

The only thing I can think of is that you are on Vista/Win7, and have Aonio installed under Program Files. This is a protected area, and the changed config won't load correctly. You might want to move the folder somewhere else if this is true.
No, it's in D (D:\LFS\Aonio\)
I've tried to recreate your problem without success. The log doesn't show whether the setting is made or not, so it can only be seen ingame. It works every time for me, so its odd that you have problems.

Do other configuration changes work?
How do you start Aonio? (manually, via a bat/cmd or script)
Have you tried an original copy of the cfg?

The only other thing I can suggest, is you post your Aonio cfg.txt file to see if one of us can see the problem. (remember to remove your password entry though)

[Edit]
I think I've found why you are not seeing any change.

It is possible to set SmoothInCarCamera=on via an Aonio reinit (W in console) The fixed horizon works as expected.

However, setting SmoothInCarCamera=off followed by a reninit does not reset the default LFS view.

The only way this seems to work is to restart LFS and Aonio with the SmoothInCarCamera=off setting in place. In other words, the setting isn't dynamic.
Few months back I started getting Could not create MPR file (and replays werent saved), I figured that cause of that is Aonio. As soon as I quited it everything was fine. So I decided to do fresh install Aonio, everything was good, but as soon as I moved my config files and PBs to new install it was like before I cleaned up little config file and noticed I have configured some sound files that are not avaiable in folder... Anyone had similar problems?

edit: this problem seems to happen only when I'm running Aonio using batch in my LFS folder.
Batch is something like:
cd aonio
start Aonio.exe

I want start it in aonio\ folder, becuase otherwise its places config files in my LFS\ folder.
Does anyone know any meaningful difference between the Times.txt file and the pbs folder? Whats the point of having both?
PB and Technical pb, you might not have the optimal splits in your fastest lap, so it stores other laps, and therefore you can see "!spb", "!tb" etc etc.
Quote from Dennis93 :PB and Technical pb, you might not have the optimal splits in your fastest lap, so it stores other laps, and therefore you can see "!spb", "!tb" etc etc.

Ah that makes sense, and having realized that I see that the pbs folder has telemetry. Charting it out it looks like this is the information stored in the pbs folder's files:

Time
Track Distance
Speed
Some sort of acceleration (?) - see 1st attachment
Heading
Elevation
Combined Gs (?) - see 2nd attachment
Steering

There's two I haven't pinned down, from the attachments (this is FOX/AS3 telemetry) can anyone see what they are?
Attached images
4th Column.png
7th Column.png
Quote from pik_d :
There's two I haven't pinned down, from the attachments (this is FOX/AS3 telemetry) can anyone see what they are?

Just spotted this thread, while checking if Aonio has been updated yet (yeah, I know, not very likely...).

Did you ever figure out the telemetry? Smile
For what it's worth, the second one you couldn't figure out looks very like a heading to me (or other angle, cos it wraps at 36000). No clue what the first one is, but in a random pbs.txt file I just looked at, the 4th column goes positive sometimes...

PS: what did you use to make those graphs? I'm always on the lookout for nice tools Wink
Quote from Neilser :
Quote from pik_d :

Just spotted this thread, while checking if Aonio has been updated yet (yeah, I know, not very likely...).

Did you ever figure out the telemetry? Smile
For what it's worth, the second one you couldn't figure out looks very like a heading to me (or other angle, cos it wraps at 36000). No clue what the first one is, but in a random pbs.txt file I just looked at, the 4th column goes positive sometimes...

PS: what did you use to make those graphs? I'm always on the lookout for nice tools Wink

I did figure it all out after you mentioned that it was the heading, so thanks for that. I was wrong about one other, that I had previously called "Heading". I realized that it and the one unknown next to it were X and Y position on the map.

As for how I made the charts, it's all here on Google docs.

As for AONIO itself, I don't see why it needs an update, I've driven on the new configurations and everything still seems to work, my pbs folder has files with WE2 in the file name, so track names were not hard coded. I do think it may be a good idea to clean up times.txt since it will have impossible-to-beat sector times now, that seems like a lot of effort though.

AONIO - Client-side LFS Tracer
(350 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG