The online racing simulator
Quote from Amynue :I once flew so fast that I could see myself in the back mirror. I've overtook myself...

You just exceeded the speed of light
Quote from E.Reiljans :You just exceeded the speed of light

Wait, what? Speed of light is nearly 300'000 km/s and he wasn't even going 300'000 km/h. Oh and that thing in his mirror was his trailer I think

It's actually 0.13% of the speed of light, which you may call a relativistic speed.

Anyone fancy calculating the heat caused by friction at that velocity? I'm wondering whether the truck should only melt or evaporate.

Vain
Quote from shorty943 :Volvo prides itself on being the most powerful truck on the market, but, there is a 1010HP mod for the big scania.

All trucks have a top speed of 180KPH, IF, you have a long enough straight to get them there, with that in mind, anything over about 130 with a load will have you in big trouble on the corners as the load takes charge. I have been pushed across 3 lanes of an autobahn at about 140KPH by the weight of a load, it's not easy to catch and correct. And, I have owned and driven my own trucks for many years.

And yes, there is a physics mod with no speed limiter for all trucks at
http://trucksmods.boards.net/index.cgi
you do have to register at that forum to download though.

I already have a Volvo with the 750hp engine, but it feels sluggish when pulling away. I was wanting something with more pulling power as it can't get up hills. Case in point, I accepted a job with coal from Grimsby to London, I couldn't even get up the hill out of the quarry to get to the road without a lot of effort and stalling the truck. Maybe I just got an engine geared up to going 60mph and taking a long while to get there.

EDIT: Long enough straight huh.....Right. Where did TG test the Veyron at?
anyone knows how i can set manual clutch?
the only "option" i found is H pattern...but as i only have a logitech fomula ex thats no option...i want sequential with a joystick as clutch...havent really found out how to do so...if its possible anyway.
joystick is set up and assigned to clutch but the truck still drives with auto clutch
Why would you want a clutch with the sequential gearbox?
Quote from Sobis :Wait, what? Speed of light is nearly 300'000 km/s and he wasn't even going 300'000 km/h. Oh and that thing in his mirror was his trailer I think

Who says that this speedometer is rated up to 1.0c?
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I already have a Volvo with the 750hp engine, but it feels sluggish when pulling away. I was wanting something with more pulling power as it can't get up hills. Case in point, I accepted a job with coal from Grimsby to London, I couldn't even get up the hill out of the quarry to get to the road without a lot of effort and stalling the truck. Maybe I just got an engine geared up to going 60mph and taking a long while to get there.

EDIT: Long enough straight huh.....Right. Where did TG test the Veyron at?

You need to use sequential gearbox. If you use that Realistic Automatic, it will keep your RPM's low and you won't be able to climb. I had NO problems climbing up that quarry with 3rd gear IIRC.
That did the trick, thanks.

Found a transmission unlocking mod as well
Quote from Bose321 :Why would you want a clutch with the sequential gearbox?

why not?
i dont like autoclutch, but i dont have a shifting stick (theyre pretty expensive...).
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :why not?
i dont like autoclutch, but i dont have a shifting stick (theyre pretty expensive...).

The clutch is useless in this game.
how so?
doesnt act like a real clutch?
You have to use the clutch to change gear (works pretty much as a button) and to start moving. If you are careful enough you can start on 7th gear, but if you use any reasonable low gear it is no difficult to start moving releasing the clutch with not much care.

It'd be funnier to make it harder, though I don't know how a real truck works. Afterall they have a huge amount of par at very low revs...
Wound up doing a Newcastle to Munich delivery.

First off, GPS sent me to Hull but I went to London. Then when I got there, I ran out of fuel as soon as I got off the boat. Adding insult to injury, I'm now in debt thanks to the recovery call, since I wasn't doing my usual quick jobs but decided to bring in money for my company.
Haha!
DieKolkrabe, use this gearbox mod, drop it into your volvo transmission def.

Change the file extension to .sii, it will work no worries.

That gearbox has an ultra low ratio first gear, second gear is about the same as the default first gear, eleventh gear is direct 1:1 ratio, twelveth gear is an over drive. Very similar to the Eaton Roadranger specs for their 13 speed gearbox.
Careful with throttle control in the lower gears, and it's very easy to overspeed and overturn in the top gears.

That is the gearbox setup I use on my Mercedes with 735HP engine. Yeah, I hotrodded that too, lol.
Attached files
12speed_roadranger.txt - 620 B - 263 views
I'll give that a go, will it work for all trucks with tweaking or is it volvo only?

EDIT: Okay, now where to actually install it?
Here. Extract the .scs file in to Documents > Euro Truck Sim 2 > Mod.
Attached files
12speed_roadranger.rar - 463 B - 299 views
Thanks
Did a Volvo too, while i'm still in the modding frenzy, tried to match the look of the real FH16 interior, it's not entirely possible but close enough..

Preview 1
Preview 2

Download

*as you've probably noticed a lot of textures are shared among different trucks, so use one interior at a time depending on what you drive..
oops, yep sorry about the lack of install info there.
That was just a quick edit of my Mercedes gearbox file for a Volvo, I've not finished fiddling with final drive ratio's yet, so the full mod won't be on the truck sim site until next week at the earliest.
Right now I'm still only getting a top speed of about 140KPH, even then you have to really watch some of the corners or head over heals she goes.

On a side note, there is a mod out for some very powerful engines for all trucks, use with caution, I tested that last night, my truck got horny and mounted the poor little car in front of me at traffic lights takeoff 1500HP and high torque makes for interesting game play for sure.
That's nice one Boris...deafult one looked gay.
Thanks, yeah default one is godawfull
Quote from shorty943 :oops, yep sorry about the lack of install info there.
That was just a quick edit of my Mercedes gearbox file for a Volvo, I've not finished fiddling with final drive ratio's yet, so the full mod won't be on the truck sim site until next week at the earliest.
Right now I'm still only getting a top speed of about 140KPH, even then you have to really watch some of the corners or head over heals she goes.

On a side note, there is a mod out for some very powerful engines for all trucks, use with caution, I tested that last night, my truck got horny and mounted the poor little car in front of me at traffic lights takeoff 1500HP and high torque makes for interesting game play for sure.

Link?

Also your gearbox mod wound up making my truck a magnet for speeding fines and crashes.
errr, yep, you got to learn to recognise the radar sites fast, sorry. I also learned to brake slightly before the corners, keeping throttle on for decent engine response at the same time. Even then, I still have the occasional "offroad excursion".

This site has all the mods I use in game,
http://trucksmods.boards.net/index.cgi
you do have to make an account there, but the best of the mods are on that site. It is run by a beta tester for SCS the makers of the game, and a real life truck driver.
The post for the powerful engines is there, 1000HP and 1500HP for all trucks.

Euro Truck Simulator 2
(580 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG