The online racing simulator
Euro Truck Simulator 2
(580 posts, started )
Quote from Bose321 :Still rocking my Volvo with 750HP, made it 6x2 (no idea why) last night and I'm near level 12 with 4 other drivers.

I'm sad that I haven't found a Scania dealer yet, all other trucks are horrible IMO. Which truck is the most powerful?

Wait, how did you get to 750bhp at level 12? I'm level 12 and I only just unlocked the 480bhp engines! I haven't found any Volvo dealers yet btw :|
Quote from Jertje :Wait, how did you get to 750bhp at level 12? I'm level 12 and I only just unlocked the 480bhp engines! I haven't found any Volvo dealers yet btw :|

The Volvo's just have nice engines I guess. All other trucks I have also have 480bhp or something. The Volvo has more power when you buy it stock I believe.
The Volvo only has 3 engine options, are all are unlocked pretty early. I think there's a dealer in London for the Volvo too
Suddenly a wild car appeared.

Hey Reijjaaaaans, you do that stuff, is my driver making money if the game is minimized?
It will just go into pause if you minimize it.
Oh.. cheers, she is useless anyway and i bought a nice cheap Renault just for her. Heard they are more productive when you're a higher level.

edit: here's a real petrol pumps mod.

http://www.trucksimsforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=239&t=15019
Hmm, so what's the best road you've driven along? Mine has to be the A7 in The Netherlands along the Afsluitdijk, really cool driving on that
I'm not sure about the best roads, but I was stunned by the detail of the (few) roads in the Netherlands. So much actually that I thought that the game was made by a Dutch developer.

Stuff like this statue:

This bridge:

This rather obscure landmark:

And many buildings that I honestly would expect noone but a resident of the (North of) the Netherlands to know about are modelled in the game.

I'm sure for people living in the other cities included in the game there might be similar things included. It's great attention to detail!
Heh, yeah I noticed those too, really cool landmarks.

I believe they included at least 1 landmark in every city (could be wrong though), so there's plenty to see if you know what you're looking at/for.

One thing that has kind of disappointed me though was the lack of QEII bridge on the A282/M25, quite a big and important bridge to not include really.
There's this too, the first TGV station or something like that, some people thought it's a bug

DAV will be replaced with DAF

We are happy to confirm that the next major update of Euro Truck Simulator 2 is going to come with officially licensed DAF Trucks branding for the XF tractor.

The upcoming extensive game update is going to bring quite a lot changes and improvements, lots of tweaks to the map, to AI, to physics, to lights, translations into new languages, and more. We are currently in beta testing of these changes, but it's a really big batch of code, art, and design touches, and may take some time to polish (perhaps up to two weeks) before we hope to be in shape to release it.

Source
Nice. I really hope the other fictional brands feel a bit of shame and take the same route, afterall this is free publicity for their brand...

Does anyone know where can I get a mod that increase interior sound volume? I know there are a few on the web, but can't find one that works (or I'm not able to 'install' it).
Dunno. I installed it aswell, but I haven't compared sound levels with and without mod...

I found quite nice railway crossing in Poland. You can even see train's tail on my picture. Nice detail again. Makes this game playable :P
Attached images
ets2_00002.png
Finally pimped it a bit, nothing flashy..

Bah, demo ran out for me. I might end up buying it as my three-year-old has got hooked. Where's the cheapest anyone's found? It's on Amazon for £15.

I enjoyed the detail with the Eurostar crossing, although I'd have like to have to park properly on the train and then have it move off. Same with the Ferry crossing, I'd have liked to actually drive onto the ferry and park.
Quote from Crashgate3 : Same with the Ferry crossing, I'd have liked to actually drive onto the ferry and park.

You can, at least from one of the bigger ports. I think the Rotterdam one is just hit enter and arrive in the UK but there's one from either Dover or Newcastle, can't quite remember but you do actually drive onto the ship.
The Dover-Calais crossing you drive on to the ships.

I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to change the steering wheel rotation in the trucks? I'd like a bit more than there currently is
Quote from Xaid0n :
I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to change the steering wheel rotation in the trucks? I'd like a bit more than there currently is

I'd be glad for any hint on this too. Right now i have lerts wheel, feels like crispy bike.
What you mean, virtual wheel follows my 900 degrees perfectly fine..
I present to you, my pimped out ugly truck.

NEEDS MOAR LIGHTS
Attached images
ets2_00000.png
Quote from Bose321 :I present to you, my pimped out ugly truck.

NEEDS MOAR LIGHTS

Hmmm, like this?

@Boris, the wheel is fine, have no problems with it, I just with it had more lock You know, like a real truck?
Attached images
ets2_00041.jpg
What camera is that that sees the whole truck, i can't find it on the 1-10 numbers.

Euro Truck Simulator 2
(580 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG