The online racing simulator
Euro Truck Simulator 2
(580 posts, started )
Quote from Jertje :When you guys say no ffb, is the wheel just slack? I never changed any setting and there is quite a bit of resistance at least. When going offroad or whatever the wheel just shakes and jitters quite a bit, so there's something going on at least.

Yeah just offroad and when you crash/bump into something.
Update on the physics mod:

Changelog: v1.2 Changelog:

-Increased brake torque slightly
-Increased cabin roll speed
-Reduced cabin rear maximum pitch angle
-Increased cabin maximum roll angle
-Increased cabin pitch stiffness
-Increased cabin pitch damping
-Reduced cabin roll stiffness
-Reduced cabin roll damping
-Reduced suspension travel significantly
-Reduced front axle suspension stiffness significantly
-Increased rear axle suspension stiffness
-Reduced trailer axles suspension stiffness
-Reduced front axle damping significantly
-Increased rear axle damping
-Reduced trailer axles damping

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch? ... p;feature=player_embedded

Download Links:

(Without speed limiter): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22096 ... 0Physics%20Mod%20v1.2.scs
(With speed limiter): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22096 ... v1.2%20with%20limiter.scs
I have to put the whole thing ('def' folder) into 'my documents/ETS 2/mod/'?
No just the .scs file

Anyone find more stuttering with 1.2 physics?
I might wanna try this at some point, but I would like to know few things.
Is there any possibilities to customize the incar view? Meaning camera position, FOV, disabling virtual steeringwheel, decent virtual mirrors and disabling camera movement?
I know this isn't hardcore sim, but without any camera settings I don't think I'll be playing it for more than half an our before uninstalling.
Quote from Boris Lozac :No just the .scs file

Anyone find more stuttering with 1.2 physics?

But... There are no .scs files, only folders with .sii in them.
It has to be, you messed up something..
-
(Sobis) DELETED by Sobis : Stupid me.
Quote from Boris Lozac :It has to be, you messed up something..

Yup, I did mess up . I pressed "open" instead of "save"

Oh wait, nothing has changed. When I press any of the bose's links, they all give me .zip file.
Quote from BigPeBe :I might wanna try this at some point, but I would like to know few things.
Is there any possibilities to customize the incar view? Meaning camera position, FOV, disabling virtual steeringwheel, decent virtual mirrors and disabling camera movement?
I know this isn't hardcore sim, but without any camera settings I don't think I'll be playing it for more than half an our before uninstalling.

There's a mod that changes the camera position. Not sure about FoV.

You can't turn off the virtual steering wheel as far as I know.

The mirrors are decent I guess, you can even position all them specifically.

On default there is no camera movement in the cockpit when you turn or something.
Quote from Sobis :Yup, I did mess up . I pressed "open" instead of "save"

Oh wait, nothing has changed. When I press any of the bose's links, they all give me .zip file.

Oh ffs, unzip it then
Quote from Sobis : When I press any of the bose's links, they all give me .zip file.

They shouldn't, as they aren't in zip files... (the ones in his last post are .scs files)
.scs files are identified as zip files, while they are not.
just drop em into ur mod folder and its good to go
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :.scs files are identified as zip files, while they are not.

Well not in all cases, clearly Is that a browser thing? In Chrome I got .scs files that were identified as .scs files.
.scs file is renamed .zip, so it's not very surprising they're getting identified as zip files.
Quote from E.Reiljans :.scs file is renamed .zip, so it's not very surprising they're getting identified as zip files.

I refer the gentleman to the post above
Is there any difference between 4x2 and 6x2 chassis except the looks? I mean does it handle better or do I get some new jobs...
Quote from matijapkc :Is there any difference between 4x2 and 6x2 chassis except the looks? I mean does it handle better or do I get some new jobs...

By what I understand, 6x4 just means both rear axles are drive axles, and 6x2 means only 1 axle is. Plus on a few trucks (not all), the middle axle is a steer axle.
Quote from Bose321 :You must have some kind of spring or damper setting turned on via your wheel software or whatever you use. There really is zero FFB in the game, except for when you drive offroad.

I have those settings turned on for those games that need them turned on. Not everything handles FFB the same way as LFS, but it's still FFB of a sort.
Quote from PeterN :I have those settings turned on for those games that need them turned on. Not everything handles FFB the same way as LFS, but it's still FFB of a sort.

Yeah same here.
Quote from Xaid0n :By what I understand, 6x4 just means both rear axles are drive axles, and 6x2 means only 1 axle is. Plus on a few trucks (not all), the middle axle is a steer axle.

I guess it's a steering axle on my MAN as it says "front wheels" when I select them on customise menu... Thanks for the nfo btw

So, I just spent €113k on turning my truck into a goddamn tank. All I didn't put were hazard lights (they look idiotically bad on the truck) and chrome lock (if I put it on, I would have only like 50€ in my pocket ). Now I hope I won't have to pay off my loan anytime soon, because I need to get my money back first.

Also, here's a picture of my truck in all its magnificence in the attachment and sorry for the bad quality, the gfx are down because it lags a lot.
Attached images
ets2_00003.png
Realistic Physics Mod v1.3

Changelog (v1.3):

-Corrected wrong Renault Premium gear ratios
-Changed the Volvo differential ratio to 2.67 from 2.47, which was the version with overdrive and too high a top speed
-Changed the two Renault's differential ratios
-Reduced cabin pitch stiffness
-Increased cabin pitch damping
-Reduced chassis suspension stiffness
-Increased chassis suspension damping significantly
-Reduced trailer suspension stiffness
-Reduced trailer suspension damping
-Reduced rear axle suspension stiffness
-Increased rear axle suspension damping

Download links:
(With speed limiter): http://adf.ly/E0roi
(Without speed limiter): http://adf.ly/E0r6s
I tried it quickly. Not really impressed because it just seems extremely repetitive to me. What I'm missing is some harder roads where you really need to drive the trucks to keep it within the white lines and on the road. Narrow roads with sharper turns, steep hills, harder reversing spaces (like reversing between two trailers instead of there always being so much space). Also more road types, more bumps, more situations where you need to drive the truck. Also there should be missions where you need to change trailers more often and so forth. More variance.

Tying the load could make a nice minigame just like loading and unloading the trucks with cranes and stuff. Just like preparing the truck before taking off could add a nice metagame. To do a checklist before you go..

Also it could be fun if the game had some kind of voice comm system (like la phones in real trucks) which could allow people who are near to talk among themselves like real truckers. Or just add some ai drivers talking (some gta themed truck driver voice mod would be awesome ). They could even use the voice comms so truckers could tell others about some road being blocked somewhere.

It needs much more challenge. It is just way too easy and simple atm
Quote from Hyperactive :
Also it could be fun if the game had some kind of voice comm system (like la phones in real trucks) which could allow people who are near to talk among themselves like real truckers. Or just add some ai drivers talking (some gta themed truck driver voice mod would be awesome ). They could even use the voice comms so truckers could tell others about some road being blocked somewhere.

18WoS: Halin had that, cool feature but...it was pretty much useless. If you don't have many alternative roads to choose trafic reports are meaningless, there are no huge jams, neither accidents or really bad wather. Though in a perfect sim this should be added I'd vote for a multiplayer game prior of reimplementing the CB radio.
@ hyperactive

You tried it quickly and you know there are no tighter parkings etc There is, and most of the things you listed..
Your last paragraph is a good idea, but i think any kind of online here would quickly turn into demolition derby..
Quote from Boris Lozac :
You tried it quickly and you know there are no tighter parkings etc There is, and most of the things you listed..
Your last paragraph is a good idea, but i think any kind of online here would quickly turn into demolition derby..

Where Boris? I didn't find any.... if by tight you mean a 3 meter wide track then you need a new meaning of the word tight.

Euro Truck Simulator 2
(580 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG