The online racing simulator
Euro Truck Simulator 2
(580 posts, started )
Quote from PeterN :In your profiler settings, do you have Spring Effect and Damper Effect set to 0%?

Yes, LFS settings Btw the game is great, i'm well hooked.

@jertje

You mean if they resemble real locations and real roads?
Quote from Boris Lozac :@jertje

You mean if they resemble real locations and real roads?

Yep, incidentally I already had a look at the demo to check it out and although the landmarks are uncanny even for the small town I live in, the roads are a bit random

It's a good solution to make the world 'smaller', but I was expecting 2-3 hour drives for a short mission
Then that's why you have no FFB. LFS ignores those two settings (it doesn't need them at 0%), but they do affect other games.
Quote from Jertje :Yep, incidentally I already had a look at the demo to check it out and although the landmarks are uncanny even for the small town I live in, the roads are a bit random

It's a good solution to make the world 'smaller', but I was expecting 2-3 hour drives for a short mission

They're trying to attract more people, not everyone would have time for 3 hours driving.
Do it have options to change the lenght of the missions?
Quote from The Very End :Do it have options to change the lenght of the missions?

You can basically choose whatever destination you would like to drive, so answer is yes.
If you put your specialty as 'long drives' then you get those kind of jobs more often and more money. I just had 1 hour trip from Hanover to Aberden Scotland, was fcking awesome, UK roads and countryside is great.

Here's one screenie..

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/79017817/ets2_00000.jpg
Those small British roads where you can go 30mph (?) and just blast over with 90kph and overtake cars on corners are so much fun. Although I'm not sure if that's what normal truck drivers do...
Quote from Bose321 :Those small British roads where you can go 30mph (?) and just blast over with 90kph and overtake cars on corners are so much fun. Although I'm not sure if that's what normal truck drivers do...

HA! I'm doing same. Sometimes I feel like I'm some kind of russian truck driver...
Just purchased it. Thought the installer would be larger.
It's a nice game, but kills my GPU... As soon as I turn my headlights or an indicator on, super slo-mo mode is on.
Loving it.
Quote from matijapkc :It's a nice game, but kills my GPU... As soon as I turn my headlights or an indicator on, super slo-mo mode is on.

Yeah well... That awkward moment when iRacing and nkpro run fine on medium settings at 80-100 FPS and I have 15 on min gfx in this game.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Yeah well... That awkward moment when iRacing and nkpro run fine on medium settings at 80-100 FPS and I have 15 on min gfx in this game.

Well yeah, it isn't optimised very well, but I didn't want to go minimum (I'm not far from it) because it wouldn't be fun to play with 1990 graphics and I can't lower the resolution (it's 1360x768) because I couldn't read anything on GPS or on gauges/small screen (these two are barely visible even now).
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Yeah well... That awkward moment when iRacing and nkpro run fine on medium settings at 80-100 FPS and I have 15 on min gfx in this game.

Well the world and view distance is pretty big, plus many cars etc, mirror distance kills the performance.
Quote from TypeRacing :HA! I'm doing same. Sometimes I feel like I'm some kind of russian truck driver...

It's the simracing habit, i'm having lots of speeding fines in towns, because i'm driving pedal to the metal.
Just wish i had money for full version, it's good fun once in a while and it deserves some support.
I just felt some rumble in my wheel once I drove over a dirt road! amagawd

I wish this game had some elements from their other titles with some tight parking and adventurous drives...

Just bought my first MAN truck with some big horns that don't work and a nice set of lights on top that don't work either.
Is there any good reason to use the indicators?
Quote from CheerioDM :Is there any good reason to use the indicators?

In the first game, if you were on a highway, people actually slammed their brakes if you were beside them and indicated...was funny to watch.
A game with mediocre graphics that manages to drop below 60 fps on a ****ing GTX 680.

11/10 AAA+, SCS Software.

I haven't found a reason yet, the AI seems to ignore it...
A while ago I drove in truck, I was amazed how comfortable it was, you dont feel bumps... compared to car AMAZING
Quote from The Very End :I challenge you to come to Norway and drive a truck here then.

Come drive to Croatia where roads are so tight so I must wait for truck to pass one part of road because barely two mid sized cars can pass over.

Facepalm.. i do it just cause it feels good, it's a simulation so it is actually fun to simulate what you would do in a real truck, that's the whole point..

is there any good reason for you to be in lfsforum?

Euro Truck Simulator 2
(580 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG