The online racing simulator
1 record already broken!
If I understand right he did not get the freefall record?
But still, highest jump ever, impressive
I think he broke the speed record too, it was awaiting conformation i believe.
Did miss the first part of the jump, what speed he reached?
Great Success!
1172 kmh iirc.
Holy ****... thats supersonic isn't it?
So did he miss out on the longest freefall?

Looked like he deployed the chute like 30seconds before the target?

Still cool as hell. Massive props to the guy.
Yeah, he did not get the longest freefall.
He did not get the freefall record, but it is still great success! He's alive, broke speed record and fell from higher spot as it was intended. Great successor, brave man.

None of us can imagine what he has done.
It was a pleasure to watch

[9:25:18 PM] Luk4s (LeLukas): One small step for man, one giant comercial for redbull
Wouldn't it quite work agains the moto of Red Bull? "Red bull gives you wings"... right, it kind of looked like he was falling and not flying for a moment
That jump must have felt like an eternity! especially with a foggy visor!

The technology may have already been proven; but this is still a great achievement for mankind, if not in technology, then in the logistics and drive from the private sector to accomplish a common goal.
Wieee he made it safely back, great achievement after years of preparation! Didn't get the longest free-fall but he was travelling much faster then Joe so it's not a biggie, almost 1200kph, NOT BAD
any replay available of this already?

That' one small step for man, one giant leeeeaapppppppppp!!!!!!
Ah crap, missed it. Any way to see a replay anywhere? This is great!
Amazing they had the helium to do this when there is a shortage right now.
he had some GoPros strapped to the suit, Vids will come up soon I guess. More curious about the audio, I mean how does it sound to break the soundbarrier?
Preliminary Figures from Red Bull Stratos:

Altitude: 128,097 ft
Duration of freefall: 4:19
Total jump time: 9:03
Speed: 1137 kmh
Quote from ACCAkut :he had some GoPros strapped to the suit, Vids will come up soon I guess. More curious about the audio, I mean how does it sound to break the soundbarrier?

Knowing GoPro's sound quality is utter crap, I guess we won't hear anything but wind noise.
Truly amazing.

Quote from ACCAkut :I mean how does it sound to break the soundbarrier?

Loud bang.

But he didn't break it so you don't have to look for that

Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :
Speed: 1137 kmh

Quote :Supersonic speed is a rate of travel of an object that exceeds the speed of sound (Mach 1). For objects traveling in dry air of a temperature of 20 °C (68 °F) at sea level, this speed is approximately 343 m/s, 1,125 ft/s, 768 mph, 667 knots, or 1,235 km/h.

He also didn't die so all in all not really interesting.
Quote from cargame.nl :
Quote :Supersonic speed is a rate of travel of an object that exceeds the speed of sound (Mach 1). For objects traveling in dry air of a temperature of 20 °C (68 °F) at sea level, this speed is approximately 343 m/s, 1,125 ft/s, 768 mph, 667 knots, or 1,235 km/h.

At sea level yeah, it varies depending on altitude. We'll see when more official numbers are out, hope he did break it
yes but commentator said they measure that differently,so who know maybe the official will be more but maybe less

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG