The online racing simulator
The point is that the whole community wants development news at least, should follow the example of the new simulator is being

developed, but will earn very much about it, because this our game and our game always this, but hopefully our opinions be heard
Quote from col :who knows way more than than us about how to build a great racing sim.

You are missing the point completely. It sure is great and all that, going to be fantastic and God knows what. But, is somebody going to care about it? Are you going to be bothered with it? It seems that you are gone idle years ago.

Its pretty psychotic in here. Part of the community playing in the sandbox and the older generation at the side lines repeating themselves continuously, "oh yes, going to be heaven, everything looks fine, *staring with weird eyes in the nothingness*"...

Time to get a bit realistic maybe for a change.

So tire physics gets released and that damn VW. One big party here right?

I give it a month.
Quote from cargame.nl :
Time to get a bit realistic maybe for a change.

So tire physics gets released and that damn VW. One big party here right?

I give it a month.

It is time for a change , time for a revolution in racing games , and time , To Live For Speed , is back to the word newsand wordwide forums revive lfs threads and metings

One weell of a party I beleive cargame.nl
#980 - col
Quote from Macfox :A very good point.

Not really. in fact is was just another weak straw man argument attempting to defend a popular but untenable point of view.

Compromises are necessary... obviously this is true, but irrelevant.
It doesn't support his argument or weaken mine - it's a red herring.
And discussion is clearly happening, so that jibe was also bogus.
#981 - col
Quote from cargame.nl :You are missing the point completely. It sure is great and all that, going to be fantastic and God knows what. But, is somebody going to care about it? Are you going to be bothered with it? It seems that you are gone idle years ago.

No, I'm not missing the point, I'm disagreeing with you because I think you are wrong.

I don't have a pc, but likely will be getting one around the time of S3 - this old macbook is getting really annoying. My kids play LFS on their PC regularly, but I don't allow them online with it because there are so many a$$holes on the servers.

So yes, I am going to be bothered with it and will likely be paying for more than one licence upgrade. You will also see many old faces returning to LFS after the next major update. Maybe they will stay for a month, maybe more. either way, it doesn't justify the prevailing negative attitudes here in the forum, and it doesn't undermine my argument either.
Quote from col :No, I'm not missing the point, I'm disagreeing with you because I think you are wrong.

I don't have a pc, but likely will be getting one around the time of S3 - this old macbook is getting really annoying. My kids play LFS on their PC regularly, but I don't allow them online with it because there are so many a$$holes on the servers.

So yes, I am going to be bothered with it and will likely be paying for more than one licence upgrade. You will also see many old faces returning to LFS after the next major update. Maybe they will stay for a month, maybe more. either way, it doesn't justify the prevailing negative attitudes here in the forum, and it doesn't undermine my argument either.

You are missing the point :C
0.6c ?!
Quote from Scawen :
Closing this thread and the testing forum for now. B8 looks so reliable, there is nothing to test for the moment, so people are going way off topic now.

I've got a few more things to do for B9 and if all goes to plan I will release it for testing next week. Thank you very much for the testing up to B8. 0.6C will be a good version!

This will give a lot of talk
Why should it? When a test cycle finishes the final gets the next letter in alphabet, nothing unusual. As in, happened last year also.
google says 0.6C is 273.75K
Quote from col :Not really. in fact is was just another weak straw man argument attempting to defend a popular but untenable point of view.

Compromises are necessary... obviously this is true, but irrelevant.
It doesn't support his argument or weaken mine - it's a red herring.
And discussion is clearly happening, so that jibe was also bogus.

Agree to disagree. As you point out, your view that everything is rosy and fine, is held by a diminishing few. I just can't ignore the facts. I've been around too long know how much better it was.

You can try and make various justifications for the current situation, but it's really irrelevant to the actual result we're experiencing now.

The fact that the active community is only a fraction of what is once was, is a pretty big sign that players have lost interest or moved to other games. The completion of S2 might bring some back, but if the continued policy of drip fed content continues, the momentum will be lost and I doubt the game will ever gain the popularity it once held. That will be a sad disappoint for Scawen's and the community to see LFS set a new benchmark, but not get the acknowledgement it deserves.
Quote from Macfox :The completion of S2 might bring some back, but if the continued policy of drip fed content continues, the momentum will be lost and I doubt the game will ever gain the popularity it once held. That will be a sad disappoint for Scawen's and the community to see LFS set a new benchmark, but not get the acknowledgement it deserves.

If S3 and the new tyre physics are a new benchmark (and currently it only has to beat NetKar Pro, which is 9 years old itself. But it'll have to beat Assetto Corsa too, which might be tough), then players new and old will come flocking back, servers will fill up and all will be well. You don't have to have kept playing LFS for the last couple of years to be able to enjoy the new physics.
Quote from cargame.nl :Why should it? When a test cycle finishes the final gets the next letter in alphabet, nothing unusual. As in, happened last year also.

the reason for saying this is because I'm afraid that this year there is more updates and this uptate he talks is just a security update and so

Quote from Macfox :

The fact that the active community is only a fraction of what is once was, is a pretty big sign that players have lost interest or moved to other games. The completion of S2 might bring some back, but if the continued policy of drip fed content continues, the momentum will be lost and I doubt the game will ever gain the popularity it once held. That will be a sad disappoint for Scawen's and the community to see LFS set a new benchmark, but not get the acknowledgement it deserves.

True, but that's to live for speed needs to take the boat, can not get back, let's hope they realize what they are losing and do something for the community

Quote from tristancliffe :If S3 and the new tyre physics are a new benchmark (and currently it only has to beat NetKar Pro, which is 9 years old itself. But it'll have to beat Assetto Corsa too, which might be tough), then players new and old will come flocking back, servers will fill up and all will be well. You don't have to have kept playing LFS for the last couple of years to be able to enjoy the new physics.

This game has been for many years for a game based on what one thinks of a simulator may not have the quality of other graphics, but gameplay and has something and if something new comes out of bombast in the near future, in addition to people who left 500 + lots of jugar will finally buy the license and join the community

It will be easy for them to see, because they are no more than twelve hundred people linked'll see how that goes with the value 0.6C
#989 - col
Quote from Macfox :Agree to disagree. As you point out, your view that everything is rosy and fine, is held by a diminishing few.

I have never said everything is rosy and fine - you're reading and accepting the nonsense that other people have written about me, or maybe it's easier to argue against me if you ignore the truth, and the valid points and make stuff up?

My position is that the good outweighs the bad, and that the best way forward is to be positive about the good things and try to be mature and respectful about the bad stuff like development speed.
The way I do that is my remembering that there are very good reasons for the problems. I suppose my experience as a developer makes it easier for me to accept the downsides instead of being an total **** about them.
Quote :
I just can't ignore the facts. I've been around too long know how much better it was.
You can try and make various justifications for the current situation, but it's really irrelevant to the actual result we're experiencing now.

You don't have to ignore any facts, just be pragmatic, mature, respectful... you know, stop thinking like a toddler.
To fix things that are broken takes work, complaining doesn't fix things. If the Community it broken, then the work to fix it has to come from within the community. If you want it to improve, then work towards that goal. Complaining repeatedly just adds to the problem.
I'm not complaining I'm just analyzing the facts, but the developer, has lately shown signs of life and presence on the forum, so do not be ade bad sign, With time the news will form
Quote from tiagox :I'm not complaining I'm just analyzing the facts, but the developer, has lately shown signs of life and presence on the forum, so do not be ade bad sign, With time the news will form

Hopefully the server relocation was a sign of good things to come soon.
Quote from edge3147 :Hopefully the server relocation was a sign of good things to come soon.

Is exactly what I thought, because they may be waiting for more people to join a server and need better quality because whatever the news will bring many people back for sure
we waited 15 years for duke nukem to be released i think we can wait a few more time for an update to come..
Quote from giannhsgr1 :we waited 15 years for duke nukem to be released i think we can wait a few more time for an update to come..

I never waited for duke nukem 2, but still, i was very big fun of duke nukem 1, because it was really cool and fun game, of that time, back then.
Also i give Duke nukem 2 a try, and ... this game was feeling so old, so boring, and so about nothing, with non sense, perhaps i just grow up from this kind of crap games, and one more thing ??? why duke nukem 3 will not be released ? because everybody forgot about it when the second Duke came out i was like a trash game - done by amateurs .........
I just hope that with LFS, wont happen the same thing, i hope i will not grow up from it, and still, im 28, i have less and less time to play LFS, because its already 3 years the same GAME!!!!!!!!!
We "THE REAL FANS", want at LEAST that VW Scirroco - "to keep fans happy" - we dont want super buber unreal physics or graphic effects (right now or at the moment), just release that VW Sciroco ALREADY!!!!!!!!!
HOW BAD IT IS FOR THIS GAME, WHEN LFS DEVELOPERS ANNOUNCE VW SCIROCCO, and after 3 years of waiting, we see the real car on streets, its like showing to kids candy - and then hiding it from them - for next 3 years .......
If behind the LFS was Blizzard - i could understand why they dont say enything and keep the secrets inside. But its only 3 devs, they just dont have time or dont want to write a News Report on LFS.net about the stage of developing, its just better like this
so what we are gonan do ? wait and hope for this christmass ?
may be next one ? or may be 15 christmass more ? - no one knows for sure, and that makes me sooooooo "happy" inside .........
i personnaly, want that sciroco, and want to try that car, and see how it is on track, set up the settings, paint it in all the 18 milion collors and go with it on all the tracks forward and backwards, it will be some time spend with joy, driving LFS, because it ALREADY HAVE THE COOL AND SEXY LOOKING VW SCIROCCO!!!!!

Volkswagen Scirocco TDI Top Gear - It's Explosive
Top Gear: Volkswagen Scirocco TDi #2
Top Gear: Volkswagen Scirocco TDi #3 Take 02

if i would be one of the LFS developer, i would released that VW scirocco WAAAAAY back in 2009-2010, or if it wasnt till today - i will do it right now!
So Mr Sir Scawen, and the Whole LFS Developers Team - PLEASE! Release this car as soon as possible!!!! PLEAAASE!!! :bowdown:
Quote from Scorpio :
if i would be one of the LFS developer, i would released that VW scirocco WAAAAAY back in 2009-2010, or if it wasnt till today - i will do it right now!
So Mr Sir Scawen, and the Whole LFS Developers Team - PLEASE! Release this car as soon as possible!!!! PLEAAASE!!! :bowdown:

deap inside , is the wish of all community menbers all of them
Maybe Scawen started working now so he could have a great improvement for lfs ready for Christmas? Such as new objects, a new track or the scirroco.
Quote from Omar1 :Maybe Scawen started working now so he could have a great improvement for lfs ready for Christmas? Such as new objects, a new track or the scirroco.

Yes Now he is active so far we can see he is
Quote from col :If the Community it broken, then the work to fix it has to come from within the community. If you want it to improve, then work towards that goal. Complaining repeatedly just adds to the problem.

You make it sound so simple. Yet so wrong.

Such naive statements are an insult to the many player/event organisers/sponsors who have put a large amount of time and effort and money into the community. It's tough enough to see the current release policy essentially eroding that away to nothing, but some how spinning this into "it's a community" problem is just a bit much to swallow.

I love to heard ideas how interest in LFS can rebound with out the devs rethinking their approach. There's very little positive to talk about in the last 6 years.
one way to rebound lfs is to open the game for mods
i mean dont get me wrong the game is superb but after all this years the same cars and tracks are a bit boring
Quote from giannhsgr1 :one way to rebound lfs is to open the game for mods
i mean dont get me wrong the game is superb but after all this years the same cars and tracks are a bit boring

I do not agree with you just say , its a classe of their own

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG