The online racing simulator
Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
Quote from morpha :Count me in as well, but it should be a collective effort, not just everyone building on their own right next to each other.

+1 if that will happen I'm in again.

Just like back then with the cities
havent played for ages...might as well be 6 months back.
Quote from mamoru :+1 if that will happen I'm in again.

Just like back then with the cities

+1

I havent played this game to long now..
Quote from ACCAkut :you could build Blackwood Circuit ...

I can put up server tonight. I´m puttig ip here bu then. I´m gonna make it
Quote :you could build Blackwood Circuit ...

...and then have each player set up a railroad on top of each other (with enough vertical space between them so everyone can ride his line). Once everyone is done setting up their racing line you can race each other around the track.

Vain
Building race tracks sounds cool to me. Personally I'd prefer to have the mining aspect and mobs in the game too. Pure building in itself is not what I'd really want to do though...
If you've got op you can change the game mode from creative to survival. Farming for materials for a a big build would be horrendous.
Instead of building blackwood we could just start a normal survival server with maybe some mods and then our mission should be to build our own race tracks. Using rails, water and such. Kind of theme...
I propose the plane mod and the Zeppelin mod, which allows you to build crafts and actually move and steer them(would be useful if we were to build a track).
Quote from hp999 :I propose the plane mod and the Zeppelin mod, which allows you to build crafts and actually move and steer them(would be useful if we were to build a track).

Yes!
Yeah, shader mod is sweet. Takes some serious power to run it at at decent framerates though.
Attached images
2012-04-09_19.17.jpg
I was thinking of trying some modding myself.

It's always bugged me that redstone devices just 'work' with no power source. I really like the idea that you have to power your devices with something in order to get them to work.

I was thinking changing the way redstone torches operate - in order for one to work, it needs to be near a 'power torch' (maybe like a redstone torch but blue or yellow) - this is connected directly to a power source by a trail of redstone.

The power source could be a number of different things:

a generator which needs crafted fuel to operate
a battery which has previously been charged up from another power source
a windmill or water wheel

So for something simple like a plate which opens your front door you'd have something like a waterwheel in a stream, the hub block of which would be connected with redstone to a power torch next to the door circuit. As long as the redstone torches that made up the circuit are within, say, 6 blocks of a power torch, they'll work as normal.

A power source would also have a finite amount of power it can deliver, so if you tried to power too much circuitry from a single source, the circuitry wouldn't work (maybe have it short on and off if you only slightly exceed the demand)
Quote from Matrixi :Yeah, shader mod is sweet. Takes some serious power to run it at at decent framerates though.

Hah, the stock game barely runs with Far rendering on my machine at 1080p...
Thanks, I did see somewhat of a performance increase on my dual core 1ghz netbook!

Will try it on my main PC later on...
You guys still hosting any minecraft survival server or so? :/

E: Just noticed i bumped this thread :L
I dunno about their server but I play on one a lot =P I can PM you the IP and stuff if you want
i might consider setting up a server again if the interest is big enough (dedicated server ofc).
even tho i dont really play atm...havent played in quite some time.

let me know.
Has anyone ever tried Tekkit? It's awesome IMO :P

Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG