The online racing simulator
Jimmy spencer needs to get kyle a towel
Should listen to Jeff Gordon on the radio, more than one towel would be needed throughout that race for him.

Otherwise in those crazy races ending like that, someone is going to get screwed over. Every driver seemed to complain/criticize NASCAR for not calling a caution, however they couldn't call one and then have people running out of fuel under caution. Was a lose-lose situation for them, but having them just duke it out here at the end is most likely the best option.

As for Kyle, his season could come back to that finish there. I'm pretty sure not many would want to comment (that or would say something stupid) after something like that. I thought it was humorous for example what Brad said about having great finishes like that where no one gets wrecked off. I guess he forgot about turn 2.
What an exciting race today . Far and above the most exciting moment of the year so far (as far as racing action anyways). For those who may have missed it.

With the oil on the track it was difficult to see that it was there in the first place, and secondly it would have been a whole heck of alot less exciting if they would have thrown a caution . I never would throw a yellow on the final lap unless it was to avoid a very dangerous situation and the caution would help it. Such as at Martinsville earlier in the year with a car stopped on the inside of the track.

*spoiler alert* Anyways, congratz to Ambrose on the well fought victory. You could feel the excitement in him after the race . Very likable guy
If thu called the yellow the race would have ended because it was the last lap
Quote from Mustangman759 :If thu called the yellow the race would have ended because it was the last lap

Exactly. Like PMD said, it was a bad situation either way, but they made the right call (unless you like Kyle Busch or Jeff Gordon )
The oil was known about with 4 laps to go (that's when the 47 car started having its problems and many teams started reporting it on the radios). If NASCAR threw the caution then, it would have made 4-7 laps of caution (whole track needed to be cleaned) where some of the leaders would have to pit for fuel and that would be a horrible way to decide a race (also counting a GWC that would follow). Instead of making it end that way (think back to Martinsville like posted above), they just allowed everyone to race it out.

Sadly the road racing is over except for Montreal (PLEASE BE EXCITING), wish there was more of it.
It actually started raining slightly when we were driving home. Who knows if they tried to clean up all that oil and then had a couple GWC's because you know someone is going to wreck in Turn 1, it might have started raining at the track again. They made the right call, everyone had to deal with the same thing and it was a great finish. I completely lost my voice on that last lap haha, can barely talk today. I like how Brad got out of the car and went straight to the Stanley guys to shake their hands, super classy move.
http://www.nascar.com/video/po ... sspass-ambrose/index.html

Detailed explanation of the last lap from Marcos' point of view.

Also, Ambrose WILL win another race before infineon next year. I can feel it! And if I need to chose which track, it would have to be Charlotte. He has been very good there recently, ran up front for most of the all-star race, did pretty well in the 600 but ended up having problems. It could also be at michigan. He got the pole there in the first race this season and finished 9th. He has been improving a lot.
That was one of the best last laps I've seen. Can we soak the track in oil every race?
Logano stays at JGR or goes to Penske, being considered by both. JGR if sponsor is there, imo Kenseth for sure as i dont see home depot leaving. At penske he is being considered a top candidate
if your're looking for feeds, then try this source

Today:
NASCAR Trucks in Michigan at 16:30 GMT
NASCAR Nationwide in Montreal at 18:00 GMT
Quote from Mustangman759 :Logano stays at JGR or goes to Penske, being considered by both. JGR if sponsor is there, imo Kenseth for sure as i dont see home depot leaving. At penske he is being considered a top candidate

I think if he wants to stay in Cup he'd have to go to Penske, otherwise Gibbs will toss him to Nationwide.
Thats fuel economy for you
@ phil i agree, plus jgr engines have been crap this year. He would be smart to go to penske. Roger would also know what hes getting from joey (unless he has a hidden surprise like aj )
Penske will just have Roush engines which have been good yes. He could end up a Nationwide dominator who knows.
We already know he can be
until he broke the car.
Bad luck for danica there
-
(nathan246) DELETED by nathan246 : RAAAAAGE
Tense end to the race. Villeneuve didn't deserve to win after so blatantly spinning Tagliani.
-
(nathan246) DELETED by nathan246 : RAAAAAGE
Quote from nathan246 :So it was alright for Tagliani to completly put Villeneuve out of the way?

I didn't say that. I'd like to see a replay of the earlier incident (where Tagliani hit Villeneuve), but regardless of what came before Villeneuve didn't deserve the win.
Quote from nathan246 :So it was alright for Tagliani to completly put Villeneuve out of the way?

JV does this nearly everytime he races. He moves people out of the way etc to get through people. What he did to Alex today was classic him. In all honesty, if you are willing to take someone out of the race (rather intentionally), you better be willing to be bumped by someone else (who doesn't even spin you off).

I thought what Justin did was way more fair play than what JV did to Alex. There's a lot of mad Canadians right now, but when they take their blindfolds off (if ever), they will see why it is pretty laughable JV could even be upset about losing that race.
Quote from nathan246 :Stupid move by Allgayer...

umad?

tbh danica was great today, holding the lead for so long with a broken car

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG