The online racing simulator
Last Lap Motorsports
(359 posts, started )
Quote from Bmxtwins :The only people that get removed for inactivity are people who are not even socially active within the team anymore or don't even send a small message every month or so. Sico was active for about 1 week in the team then dropped off the face of the earth, we knew very little about him, except that he was recommended by Franky.S. The only other thing I know is whenever "SICO" is online he is driving under the name padstar and has no clue who I am, thus I can only conclude that it was some sort of shared account, which we dont allow in our team either. But I did not state this publicly because we did not feel the need to name and shame. I don't see the big deal and why you are getting all worked up about this Fram. We are here to have fun but at the same time be competitive, and if half the team was inactive then there would be a hard time being competitive because we would not know who we could count on to actually show up for a race (or practice for that matter). If any more issues:

http://www.lfsforum.net/private.php?do=newpm&u=366186

I am also personally lacking the free time to hunt down and ensure that every member is practicing. That being said we have an MSN group that we use to communicate and for the most part our main drivers know when things are.

I 100% agree with the way you are handling this. If this were a real racing team and someone dropped off the face of the earth, they would for sure get the boot. This is essentially the same situation, you are trying to keep a professional approach to your team and there is nothing wrong with that. This is standard procedure, even in gaming communities. If you go inactive from your CoD or BF Clan, or your WoW/MMO Guild, or your Race Team (in this case), you will be subject to being kicked for inactivity. See with online gaming, the number of potential team/clan/guild members is almost endless, because the exposure to potential members is much greater than say a real life racing team. There are tens of thousands of LFS accounts from Demo to S2. That's a lot of potential drivers that you probably have never seen drive, nor ever spoken to them so keeping the options open by imposing an inactivity rules is a great practice to have, it shows great leadership, great management, and a professional approach to your team.

In conclusion for those who will skip the entire paragraph, +1 to bmxtwins. Keep up the good work and don't let the naysayers get you down.
Quote from edge3147 :I 100% agree with the way you are handling this. If this were a real racing team and someone dropped off the face of the earth, they would for sure get the boot. This is essentially the same situation, you are trying to keep a professional approach to your team and there is nothing wrong with that.

I can see where you are coming from with this, but the way i see it is real life racing is a job, this is only a hobby. Money is at stake in the real world where as in LFS its only a matter of waiting for the people to return, if not, then they are in the teams graveyard. It isnt nice for a guy to return from inactivity to find hes been kicked from his team.
Quote from Mustangman759 :http://7karat.dk/
is a good example of what we don't want happening. we have 2 members who have been inactive for 3 months, but they told us about their scenarios.

I don't think you can compare your situation with ours
You are a big team and you don't want to have a lot of inactive drivers in it. I think thats ok.
But we are a very small team, we have always been. And we are ALL inactive including the 3 Admins (Kenn, Anders and Me). So actually if we would have active drivers we would probably advise them to leave the them and find a more active one (Like we did with Ben)
Tbh, I dont think LLM has been in the "bad area" here, by kicking some of the inactive members. Well, I dont know of course, but I dont think those inactive members ever contributed much to the team, and therefore it was right to kick them. LLM werent as good before as they are now, and probably did as most amateur teams, allowed "bad drivers" to join their team. People who may have dissapeared right away etc.

Of course, there might have been exceptions, where they did a bad decision, I dont know. But they are in the process of building a team, and then why not get rid of the bad guys in the process? If they never did anything to the team, never talked to anyone etc, why should they be in their team? :-P

Its another story if you've been in the team for a longer period, or been a core member of the team. But if you've just joined and done nothing, I dont see the reason why they should keep them "in case" they come back. Then, they should re-apply to join if they ever come back :-)

So dont get me wrong here, I am not saying kick all the inactive ones. But I do believe LLM has had some... "dead"... guys in their team. I remember that we were facing the same problem in teams I was in when I was new to LFS, and in LRT

Just my words :-P
@Bmxtwins: I am not worked up at all mate, you’ve understood me the wrong way, I was just curious of the strategy behind the drivers removal. Just joined up on this in a friendly way, I was not implying that you should use an other system than what you think is best for your team… thought it was nice to exchange experiences a bit…

@edge3147: sounds like you have lots of experience and you know what you’re talking about. I’ve been gaming since 1984, managing gaming teams/servers and websites/forums since 95, I’ve been a RL racer, managed a Moto rider for years and still managing a Moto team today… And after all that I believe I am still an amateur and I am always happy to learn from experienced ppls like you!... Sadly you can’t resume team building with making rules, you also need a vision and that’s what ppls want to follow!

@Tommy: Of course you’re right, I never said it was wrong to kick some ''bad'' members, I just wanted to discuss the inactivity rule in general….

Hard to have normal discussions without hurting someone’s sensitivity on this forum, that’s why I contribute so little here…

Fram out!
Quote from N!ghtm@re :I don't think you can compare your situation with ours
You are a big team and you don't want to have a lot of inactive drivers in it. I think thats ok.
But we are a very small team, we have always been. And we are ALL inactive including the 3 Admins (Kenn, Anders and Me). So actually if we would have active drivers we would probably advise them to leave the them and find a more active one (Like we did with Ben)

Well I was in the team so I know that an inactive team is not fun, thats why we are aiming for activity. Although I would love to see you guys active again as I had alot of fun over there.
Anyways as far as Im concerned any criticism is good criticism as long as it is based on experience. So fram everything you said has been noted, and I understand your view point, but we have to "twist the arm" as you said or people will just be inactive and simply not care.

Another Polish Driver Joins Our Ranks!

Last Lap Motorsports is pleased to announce the signing of another Polish driver, known to us as Pajkul. Pajkul is a friend of Mariusz's and is also more of a hotlap driver, though is willing to attempt endurance driving. Pajkul will be driving with Rui Pinto and other LLM drivers as Revolutionary Racing in the Amateur class of GT2 World Series. Welcome aboard Pajkul and we hope to see you kicking ass on the track soon!

Thank you,
Ray & Rui - LLM Management
P.S: His name is actually Pawel Kulijewicz, not pajkul
grats both
He's a good fellow. Have fun.
Good luck.
gl a fast mouse driver
A great addition, welcome Pawel!
Great, good luck both
Were waiting for the day pajkul does a bit longer races!! Good luck LLM&Pajkul
Pajkul will work this GT2 season with me and Tuomo in the Revolutionary Racing car, so Round 3 in two weeks should be his first race as a LLM member (not under the LLM team, though).

2012 Kyoto 500 Qualifying - 4 LLM Cars make it to The Race although Ray and Rui narrowly fail to qualify.

On Saturday, the 30th of June, the 2012 Kyoto 500 race day, 4 out of the 8 Last Lap Motorsports entries will mark their presence in one of LFS' main events of the year. It's a great result for the team, having 4 of its drivers (3 full-time) with a guaranteed spot for this race, but Rui Pinto in the #24 and Ray Kingsbury #25 also came close to advancing through to the race. Pinto delivered a sub-par first run (av. 37.0025) that led him to be bumped off 30th place with 2h30 into Bump Day, later improving to 37.0000, which wasn't enough to get back into the top 30, and with one hour until the end of Bump Day, connection problems delivered the killing blow to the persistent Portuguese driver's hopes.
Ray Kingsbury also saw himself in the same situation as Pinto. After doing runs of 37.0100 and 37.0075 on Pole Day, Ray improved his average to 37.0000 in his initial Bump Day attempt. Knowing that that wasn't going to get him through to the race, Ray went for his second try shortly afterwards but only managed to match his previous average time. An hour later, Ray went out and risked his final attempt with hopes of improving on his 37 average, but sadly lost his connection during his second flying lap, which with his previous time deleted, and his last attempt used, completely dashed his qualifying ambitions.

However, the sensation of Qualifying was #944 Rihard Suur, who duelled with well-known Kyoto 500 top driver Dan Sanger for 2nd place on the grid (Bump Day, Pole Position was taken by this point) and came out on top with an amazing 36.9600 average, which would be enough to gift the Estonian Pole Position on Pole Day! #20 Nathan Lamothe fairly comfortably qualified in 17th, Matt Kingsbury qualified a not-so comfortable 26th and Jack Atkinson just made it, being bumped to the bubble after Matti Wentjarvi's first, and very last run of Qualifying, with all three of them carrying their Pole Day averages.

Here are the results of Qualifying until further notice by the NDR Administration:

#944 Rihard Suur - 2nd place, average of 36.9600 (faster than the top average set on Pole Day)
#20 Nathan Lamothe - 17th place, average of 36.9875
#21 Matt Kingsbury - 26th place, average of 36.9925
#26 Jack Atkinson - 30th place, average of 36.9950
#24 Rui Pinto - 34th place, average of 37.0000 (DNQ)
#85 Tim Chadwick - 37th place, average of 37.0075 (DNQ)
#22 Jordan Lavrikov - DNQ, NO TIME SET
#25 Ray Kingsbury - DNQ, INVALID ATTEMPT

Congratulations to Rihard, Nathan, Matt and Jack for making it into the race, and honorable mentions go to Rui and Ray for fighting for a spot in the race until the very end of Bump Day. Bad luck but great effort!
nice to see some teams still running and creating community around, even most of people during my times of racing were really skeptic about your team, but I see you doing great and do not give a **** about people who were saying this team value is like -1, but yea respect to you guys still making LFS making a better place to play.
Praise indeed, thank you
I quit. Short and sweet there would be more reason but the Crashbury brothers wouldnt like it.
Goodbye, have fun its a shame you never communicated with the team. That might have made it a better fit for you.
Let's be honest, the time difference never helped.
:ices_rofl
Goodbye Tim

Last Lap Motorsports
(359 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG