The online racing simulator
Spanish GP thread '12
(149 posts, started )
Well he clearly isn't the "worst" driver in f1 or else he wouldn't be on pole would he.

Im not a fan of him but he did a really good job today, and I expect him to get one or two podiums this season.
His time is slowest than the slowest qualifying time in 2009 for that circuit. Just to put this year's formula 1 in context. I don't think "who has the least shit time with tyres" is a great yard stick for a driver's competency nor is a one off qualifying slot disproving of the statement.
HRT aren't really in formula 1 but nevertheless, he hasn't pulled the dick moves that Maldonado has.
#55 - CSF
I can think of one, Spa last year. What else has he really done since 2005?
Is this Sam Michael's area of control? If it is, then McLaren needs to fire that freaking guy. Ever since he came to the team, the pit crew has been making so many silly mistakes. A whole five tenth quicker but can't afford that little bit more fuel?! WTF
#58 - CSF
God you must think Hamilton's the biggest dick on the grid then!
Quote from englishlord :His time is slowest than the slowest qualifying time in 2009 for that circuit. Just to put this year's formula 1 in context. I don't think "who has the least shit time with tyres" is a great yard stick for a driver's competency nor is a one off qualifying slot disproving of the statement.

This is true.

@CSF the difference is, the majority of Hamilton's incidents are open to interpretation but with Maldonado and those clips englishlord provided they are ALL his fault, you can't argue against it.
I look forward to watching BlueFlame's head explode in here if Maldonado has a good finish tomorrow.
Because I feel like summing it up:

Quote from The rule that was broken, Article 6.6.2. :Competitors must ensure that a one litre sample of fuel may be taken from the car at any time during the Event.

Except in cases of force majeure (accepted as such by the stewards of the meeting), if a sample of fuel is required after a practice session the car concerned must have first been driven back to the pits under its own power.

Quote from What Gary Anderson said went wrong. :The fuel rig guy put the rig on, but he had the handle set to drain fuel. He discovered his mistake and switched it to put fuel in the car. But as a result he didn't put as much fuel in it as he should have. You have to be able to drive back to the pit-lane and have one litre of fuel left for the FIA to test. He went across the start-finish line 20 seconds before the chequered flag but if they had sat in the garage for three or four more seconds to get more fuel in, they still would have had time to cross the line and complete another flying lap. Sometimes I don't think McLaren think on their feet.

It seems that Sam Michael told the stewards Lewis stopping was a case of force majeure because of this individual. I don't know whether complete exclusion from the results is the default penalty, but if the stewards could have just excluded his times while he was running with too little fuel (leaving him 6th), Sam Michael telling them nonsense may have tipped the scales (as well as the fact that it was McLaren that caused this rule to be created!) Whitmarsh also talked about it being a 'technical fault'. Doesn't reflect well on those two.

Additionally, I believe that this means Jenson Button has the highest qualifying average this season: 4.8. No really.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :That guy sounds like a tool. Also he sounds like a 13 year old with all the "LOL" and ":P"

McLaren have denied it. Funny if it is true though.
I'm really looking forward to this race.

It's going to be exciting today with most of the favorites spread out all over the grid.
I hope Alonso wins tho.

And please replace Massa with Bottas.
#66 - CSF
Quote from BlueFlame :This is true.

@CSF the difference is, the majority of Hamilton's incidents are open to interpretation but with Maldonado and those clips englishlord provided they are ALL his fault, you can't argue against it.

I don't know whether you do this on purpose or not, but bloody hell you seem to contradict yourself in every ****ing post. Not all of them were "Maldonado dick moves", probably only the first one and the one at Spa were "his fault", the Hockenheim one was all Grosjean getting a bee in his bonnet, and the Monaco one a crash in wet weather. Two of them are just as "Open to interpretation" as any Lewis Hamilton incident in Formula One!
Quote from englishlord :His time is slowest than the slowest qualifying time in 2009 for that circuit. Just to put this year's formula 1 in context. I don't think "who has the least shit time with tyres" is a great yard stick for a driver's competency nor is a one off qualifying slot disproving of the statement.

Most track records were set in 2004 actually.

E: Can't belive you didn't list Maldonado's famous Monaco incident in WSR... I mean cmon, it has been THE #1 anti-Maldonado argument for YEARS.

#68 - CSF
That's because he only searched "Maldonado crash" on YT.
Alonso is going to take Maldonado in T1

Also, Heidfelt in started 24th last year, and he finished p8, lets see if Lewis can better that.
Goooooooooooooooooo Kimi!
LMAO @ Hamilton. Nice jump.
Nice job Schumi...
Plix, Senna's fault because he changed lines in the braking zone after Schumacher had committed.

Spanish GP thread '12
(149 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG