The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from DeKo :I've never filed a protest, yet I get banned from the forums for a month for a post which said exactly "Michael Main said pretty much exactly the same thing at the time". As soon as I get my forum access back I'm going to spend an hour or 2 on the forums, any attempt at a troll or a flame from any of the inbred American ****ers is getting protested. Nim's box will have about 1000 e-mails in it, with a cc to appeals@iracing and every other e-mail address he uses.

Seeing as I can't access the forums, can some Celts do me a favour and let me know whats happening week 13. Also, what was the website thats sole purpose was to let people know what was in the pipeline at iracing?

Hopefully the Indycar feels like the HPD, really it should. HPD drives great just now, I hope they don't ruin that, which probably will happen. The Proto/GT series will be dead next season anyway so I don't hold much hope for the only single reason I keep subscribing. As I said, hurry up Scavier, iRacing is a cesspool. The service is good, in theory. When the physics are as bad as they are and the updates can randomly ruin a car, and the service is full of ****s, I really wonder why I keep subscribing.

umad bro
Quote from IsaacPrice :umad bro

You're a ****ing tool, trolling used to have some skill to it, now you get braindead sheep shagging wankers like this piping up with "umad" like it's somehow funny.

Please reply to this with "yeah umad", I dare you. Prove that you have nothing better to say and don't have a brain.
people please post quotes, not links to forums. We can't acces them.
Quote from DeKo :You're a ****ing tool, trolling used to have some skill to it, now you get braindead sheep shagging wankers like this piping up with "umad" like it's somehow funny.

Please reply to this with "yeah umad", I dare you. Prove that you have nothing better to say and don't have a brain.

What do you expect from some people? It's pretty obvious you were pissed off anyway so it's not even like he provoked anger by saying it, cos the anger was already there.
Quote from BlueFlame :What do you expect from some people? It's pretty obvious you were pissed off anyway so it's not even like he provoked anger by saying it, cos the anger was already there.

UMad is the kind of thing that the Americans say because they think they're smart, even though they're ****ing idiots. Someone on these forums from the UK saying it just leaves me with the feeling that there is no hope and the internet is overrun with wankers.

That welsh prick would fit straight in on the iracing forums.
Usaac y u so American
Can someone do me a favour and grab a setup for the Star Mazda this week at the Glen for me from the forums? Cheers.
Quote from DeKo :UMad is the kind of thing that the Americans say because they think they're smart, even though they're ****ing idiots. Someone on these forums from the UK saying it just leaves me with the feeling that there is no hope and the internet is overrun with wankers.

Funny because I just did a search on lfsforum and the first like 50 results are all non americans saying "umad?"

That being said,
u mad bro?
Quote from DeKo :Can someone do me a favour and grab a setup for the Star Mazda this week at the Glen for me from the forums? Cheers.

This is the one in the OP of the race thread, there's more scattered throughout the thread though. Rename from .txt to .sto obviously
Attached files
WatkinsGlenCB_12S1_MU_SM_Qual_v2.txt - 1 KB - 152 views
Cheers Mate. I'm having problems with my Fanatec wheel anyway, today I ran an updater they told me to run which has buggered it up, leaving me with more problems than I had when I contacted them in the first place. Fanatec support were good the last time I used them though, hopefully they are this time aswell, the guy seems pretty good. No racing for me for a while though.

This is pretty much the only time I want to be able to get on the iRacing forums and can't. Can someone do me a huge favour and make this post for me, see if anyone knows what I can do to give me a wheel which works again?

Quote :Hi, I have been having some problems with my Fanatec GT3 RS V2 and have been in touch with support. I was recommended to run the new 2.1 updater to flash my wheel to 681. Upon flashing, this introduced a new problem for me, when the wheel was moved to the left extreme, it started vibrating and shaking, as can be seen in this video:

http://www.mediafire.com/?568nlbh5r7fgd87

Anyway, I tried again to update my wheel incase it was a dodgy upgrade, but the updater crashed halfway through flashing my wheel, and it's now left me in no-mans land. The updater keeps crashing as the "Flashing" point, and I now have a £200 bright orange paper weight, it won't turn on, the PC won't recognise it and it can't be updated.

Help!

Quote from Hyperactive :Did they just ask their forum users to do google searches for them to sort out the aero for one of the cars

Yeah, I'm not sure how we are supposed to know the info when they supposedly have data from each and every car. What sources could we have that they do not?
Quote :Ok so top speed are fine for each aero trim?

I mean if he was just asking for ingame stuff okay, but he was asking for both as a comparison. When they said the top speed isn't that bad, it is the corner speed, he says:
Quote :IS TOP SPEED CORRECT OR NOT?

Then people started to question why he wants real world data from us, he turns into a spoiled kid with this:
Quote :Fine I wont touch it.

Pretty laughable to say the least. We were able to give him some decent numbers and everyone is like "I can get to those speeds" when it all honesty only way we can is through stupid straight line setups that can't do corners for crap. We need those speeds at Spa, not something people can do lapping Talladega looking for the fastest top speed.

Quote from Sobis :people please post quotes, not links to forums. We can't acces them.

See above. I'm not quoting it all as it is multiple posts. Basically lead physics guy asking the community for aero/top speed data for the HPD. Not just ingame, but in real life too. This came off worrying to many as well... they always claim to have all of this data when they get a car. The only data he referenced to this car was windtunnel data, which he says is always too high. His excuse for not knowing it all is that he does physics for over half the cars in iRacing. Understandable to a degree, but surely some of this would be tested in alpha/beta testing, not thrown to the community 9 months after the car's release.
Quote from DeKo :UMad is the kind of thing that the Americans say because they think they're smart, even though they're ****ing idiots. Someone on these forums from the UK saying it just leaves me with the feeling that there is no hope and the internet is overrun with wankers.

Dead serious, first time I ever really heard it was from people in the UK, and normally hear it more from Europeans. Never normally hear it here at all.
Quote from PMD9409 :

Dead serious, first time I ever really heard it was from people in the UK, and normally hear it more from Europeans. Never normally hear it here at all.

Like it matters? It's some people's way of provoking someone with a few slaps on the keyboard.
Quote from BlueFlame :Like it matters? It's some people's way of provoking someone with a few slaps on the keyboard.

Apparently it does matter, read what I quoted.
So... how do I know if an account I just raced against is actually the real deal, or an imposter? Account named Trevor Bayne2... I know he has used iRacing in the past, before his Daytona 500 victory. Car was decked out in the Wood Brothers scheme, and he was pretty fast, worked his way up to 3rd behind me before getting DQ'd for ignoring damage I guess. It was a session full of brain-dead morons, I'm reasonably confident those 10 incidents were caused by other drivers out there... Not much history on the account, or the one named Trevor Bayne. Not a regular online racer at all.

but I just wanna know if it's a fake or not.

http://members.iracing.com/mem ... =5447618&custid=41365
Hard to tell now. They had the free month for example and accounts for Kyle Busch and Joe Gibbs were made. Was the account started in March? I can't see myself, sitting in class.

Edit: never mind I see its from 2010. Could be legit, but I wouldn't know why he'd have a second account.
Quote from PMD9409 :Edit: never mind I see its from 2010. Could be legit, but I wouldn't know why he'd have a second account.

Yeah, that's why I'm questioning it.

Upon some searching, I find mentions of a gift subscription as his first account in 2009, which is a possible explanation.
http://jalopnik.com/5768561/ho ... or-to-win-the-daytona-500

Quote :But this wasn't Bayne's first exposure to iRacing; in 2009 a friend bought the then aspiring NASCAR Nationwide driver a gift subscription to the iRacing service. According to Rocky Bayne, Trevor's dad, his son even has a full racing setup in his house.

Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :So... how do I know if an account I just raced against is actually the real deal, or an imposter? Account named Trevor Bayne2... I know he has used iRacing in the past, before his Daytona 500 victory. Car was decked out in the Wood Brothers scheme, and he was pretty fast, worked his way up to 3rd behind me before getting DQ'd for ignoring damage I guess. It was a session full of brain-dead morons, I'm reasonably confident those 10 incidents were caused by other drivers out there... Not much history on the account, or the one named Trevor Bayne. Not a regular online racer at all.

but I just wanna know if it's a fake or not.

http://members.iracing.com/mem ... =5447618&custid=41365

As I understood it, it's the member's real name. A 2 gets appended to the end when it's the second person to use the name. The name comes from the credit card so there's no way to change it unless you ask iRacing support to do it for you.
the travis race was a joke haha crash in every turn and i got a 5 min repair lol
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :Who's that talking at the end? The corvette driver?

No apparently it was some random HPD driver, wish it was the Corvette driver though. He said he had it in neutral the whole time...
Quote from PMD9409 :No apparently it was some random HPD driver, wish it was the Corvette driver though. He said he had it in neutral the whole time...

I like to believe it was the Vette driver just for comedic effect, shame it wasn't though.
IndyCar and the K&N car are the only two to get the NTM this build. Obviously the Caddy coming out is on the NTM. Some already showing their displeasure on the forum.
Ha, you can see me sneaking up the inside before he gets a chance to come back across the track. Still unbelievable.

If only the Indy and K&N are getting the NTM, surely there must be something pretty good coming?
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG