The online racing simulator
I completely agree with morpha. It would be the same situation as getting banned for calling someone's mother.
Quote from Kristi :I completely agree with morpha. It would be the same situation as getting banned for calling someone's mother.

Use a little perspective. Mothers aren't a group that have been historically discriminated against.
Well, you still can't live with the fact that they are the same kinda people as us, and you line them out so therefore you are racist. My perspective is, why would they be any different than us. I'm not offended if I'm called a Hungarian or whatsoever. Just get over the past, that's all. We are living in another world now.
It's quite naive to think that person will get suspended as far we know how busy are developers at the moment. All in all, what's not really priority for the developers is the relationships between persons in lfs community. So... Don't expect really radical decision to be applied by developers. Racism is bad thing, we know that. It's really unacceptable and people that are racists are loosers. Just ignore such fools. The life will punish them sooner or later. Keep it up, mate. Just enjoy your stay. There are a lot of bad people out there, we need to deal with it.
Quote from Kristi :Well, you still can't live with the fact that they are the same kinda people as us, and you line them out so therefore you are racist.

Assuming 'they' means racial minorities and not mothers: They are clearly different in terms of having been discriminated against in western culture for centuries.

Quote from Kristi :My perspective is, why would they be any different than us. I'm not offended if I'm called a Hungarian or whatsoever. Just get over the past, that's all. We are living in another world now.

Would you be offended if I said you're an idiot? What if I said Hungarians are a sub-race of humans and that's why you're not as smart as me? What if other people agreed or thought what I said was OK and you shouldn't make a fuss about it?

It's difficult for you to know how you'd feel because you know I'm joking, but imagine if this was an acceptable attitude towards Hungarians for the last few hundred years and it had caused you problems getting a decent education, getting a job, had caused you or your family to be attacked, harrassed by police, etc. How would you feel about it then?
Quote from col :I disagree. IMO, it's behaviour that defines you within society. So someone who exhibits racist behaviour is a racist, someone who does not, is not.

Nice approach to making the world seem a happier place than it is, but I'm not going to argue about definitions. As I said, I actually don't want this discussion to stretch out.

Quote from col :I'm also uneasy about the suggestion that verbal/written racism can be ignored. Ignoring it is the equivalent of passively condoning it.

No, ignoring it is being oblivious to it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote from col :Getting banned from LFS is exactly the right way for a kid to learn what's unacceptable.

I'd say actual parenting is exactly the right way, but what do I know
Actually, according to your point of view, aren't parents passively condoning everything their child does? Don't respond, I know full well you don't mean that, just pointing it out.

E:
Quote from thisnameistaken :Would you be offended if I said you're an idiot? What if I said Hungarians are a sub-race of humans and that's why you're not as smart as me? What if other people agreed or thought what I said was OK and you shouldn't make a fuss about it?

I'll pick this up even though it wasn't directed at me. No, I wouldn't be offended (substituting "Austrians" for "Hungarians" of course), because I partly agree () and because, quite clearly, you and all the other people are idiots. I'd be one if I cared what you have to say.
Stop discriminating against white heterosexual men!
Quote from March Hare :Stop discriminating against white heterosexual men!

we are the minority... or atleast when i go to get a bite to eat...

no offence Real african people... but if im ahead of you in the queue and you skip me, ill call you out on it... jut because the two of you can speak you're native tounges, i know just enough polish to attract the attention of the staff, ask for tthe manager and get their racist asses fired for calling me some god awful names...and for what... to be 30 seconds faster in the queue ??

f*** that.

also Racisim isn't all that bad; some of my best friends are white.
I mostly agree with kev, apart from the bit where he completely overlooked the reason there was (and to some extent still is) a feminist movement...

If you do not stand against oppression then you have sided with the oppressor.

And I for one will never oppress a person because of their ethic group, including white heterosexual males.

I won't shag them, but I wont oppress them...
Quote from thisnameistaken :There's a difference between campaigning for equality and campaigning against minorities.

This. Also, it's alright to be racest as long as you burry it and don't let it effect your judgement or treatment of other racers. Banning is mostly up to the owners of the race servers anyways. If enough servers ban him he'll be banned from LFS for a set period of time.

I am racest, I prefer NASCAR over all other racing series! That mean's I'm racest! Same for all you F1 fans! and IndyCar fans! and... (It's a joke, nobody get your panties in a wad over the remark )
Quote from Becky Rose :If you do not stand against oppression then you have sided with the oppressor.

No, not steering to the left just means going straight, it doesn't mean steering to the right... at least not if your car is mechanically sound.

Quote from Cornys :I am racest, I prefer NASCAR over all other racing series! That mean's I'm racest! Same for all you F1 fans! and IndyCar fans! and...

Quite good sir, quite good
Quote from morpha :No, not steering to the left just means going straight, it doesn't mean steering to the right... at least not if your car is mechanically sound.

Quite good sir, quite good

When they came to take the gypsies,i didnt react.I wasnt a gypsy.
When they came to take the communists,i didnt react.I wasnt a communist
When they came to take the Jews,i didnt react.I wasnt a Jew.
When they made the Romancatholics to shut up,who were opposing to fasism,i didnt do anything cause i wasnt a catholic.
When they came to take me,there was nobody there to react.

Brecht

sorry if my translation is bad,i believe you get the point.
Quote from sosna :When they came to take the gypsies,i didnt react.I wasnt a gypsy.
When they came to take the communists,i didnt react.I wasnt a communist
When they came to take the Jews,i didnt react.I wasnt a Jew.
When they made the Romancatholics to shut up,who were opposing to fasism,i didnt do anything cause i wasnt a catholic.
When they came to take me,there was nobody there to react.

Brecht

sorry if my translation is bad,i believe you get the point.

Brecht was a communist! That quote belongs to Martin Niemöller.
Can't help being surprised (in a good way) when people on here know who Bertolt Brecht was. I only know because my girlfriend's a theatre stage manager.
Kevin, please assume that some of us are well read enough to know who Brecht is, although I prefer Chekhov !

If someone is being an idiot ( real word is reducted on this forum), just give them a 999 day ban, if their S2 then that sorts ur problem.

There will always be ignorant idiots, ignore them and they'll go away, eventually.

What is racism ?, calling someone the n word isn't, my partner actively claims such a title and wears it with pride. Not going to offend her by using it !

The point most people miss is that we are all the same, male, female, brown, yellow, white, or in my case blue ! If people don't see a difference, then there isn't one. We are all human beings, if we lose the self definitions and accept that we are all equal then there is no problem.

And I'm sure this will happen about the same time that hell freezes over ............

But I'm a pessimist.
Quote from Racer X NZ :

But I'm a pessimist.

more ike a nutcase, but still, someone must hold a candle to lerts... or get banned tryin.
I don't see a problem when someone calls a black person "Niger/******", to me it's as offensive as calling a "yellow" person "asian".
Because they are from "Niger" race, so not a offensive word at all.
Correct but if you put the word 'kill' in front of it, you basically talk about ethnic cleansing. Which is something of a completely different order.
We need an Alien invasion, So we can all unite against them. :alien2:
frankly some answer make pity, we can't change a donkey into a racehorse
I can't believe how the question of banning a person who has a questionable nickname and says "I kill ni**ers" turns into a discussion of whether or not white people have the same rights as anyone else.

1. Ban the person
2. Start an off-topic discussion about how hard it is to be white nowadays. There's nothing wrong with having this belief (we are all entitled to be wrong). This thread is not about that, though.
3. I can't recall people applauding blacks for wanting to kill white people. Where the #"#¤ did this come from? How is this even up for discussion?
Quote from morpha :No, not steering to the left just means going straight, it doesn't mean steering to the right... at least not if your car is mechanically sound.

I believe this is a very poor counter-argument to my original statement, that not fighting against oppression is siding with the oppressor.

In a state which persecutes a minority the only way to overturn the behavior of the state is for the majority to act responsibly and overpower the state. But if the majority ignore the plight of the oppressed then they have, by their silence, colluded with the oppression. Especially if the individual cannot claim ignorance to the situation.

The onus is on the individual to not just support a morally correct position, but to actively pursue it. In failing to do so one is not standing up for or fighting for ones beliefs. Which draws in to question what they actually believe.

This need not be with violence, but it sure as well does involve me speaking out when I see someone being treated unfairly.

So to put it in to your original analogy: When the steering column is broken, don't compound matters by failing to apply the brake before hitting a brick wall.

Quote from Racer X NZ :We are all human beings, if we lose the self definitions and accept that we are all equal then there is no problem.

I actually do not believe we are all equal, we are all individuals and frankly I am better than most of this forum.

I am a great believer in rewarding merit, so what I do believe in is equality of opportunity.
Quote from Becky Rose :I actually do not believe we are all equal, we are all individuals and frankly I am better than most of this forum.

Modesty is such a great trait
Quote from Becky Rose :I am a great believer in rewarding merit, so what I do believe in is equality of opportunity.

That's where racism really ****s up peoples' lives. And I think a lot of the 'not a big deal' respondents in this thread don't really understand what a fundamental destructive effect discrimination has on the lives of minorities, whether that's blacks, muslims, LGBT, whatever.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Use a little perspective. Mothers aren't a group that have been historically discriminated against.

Oh you are so wrong there mind!
Of course they have, pay terms and conditions within employment, welfare support ect ect>

This racist guy needs to be banned for life, aweful
(67 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG