The online racing simulator
in 32 bit the RAM is limited to 4gig (of which it uses 3.5) and I had bought 2x4gigs.. so this was my reason
And if you use professional software you really get some performance boost using the x64 version
Quote from Hahmo :in 32 bit the RAM is limited to 4gig (of which it uses 3.5) and I had bought 2x4gigs.. so this was my reason

not only RAM, but entire available memory = RAM, all caches, video card memory,...altogether limit 4GB
Quote from majod :not only RAM, but entire available memory = RAM, all caches, video card memory,...altogether limit 4GB

Is that true? Never heard that one before.

There are several more reasons why to choose a 64-bit system of Windows 7; 64-bit editions of Windows need mandatory signing of all kernel-level drivers to make it more difficult for untrusted code to execute (viruses/malware/etc.).
Quote from Bose321 :Is that true? Never heard that one before.

That's why 4GB of RAM on 32bit system gives you ~3 - 3,5GB available...the main rest is for your VGA...but it also depends on bios, motherboard,...
:jawdrop: been a while since my desktop's been so clean.

Attached images
desktop.jpg
Attached images
deskx.jpg
probably most advanced desktop ever posted
Attached images
desktop.jpg
dualmonitorstools woo
Attached images
desk100512.jpg
new
Attached images
desktop 4.jpg
Quote from Bose321 :Is that true? Never heard that one before.

There are several more reasons why to choose a 64-bit system of Windows 7; 64-bit editions of Windows need mandatory signing of all kernel-level drivers to make it more difficult for untrusted code to execute (viruses/malware/etc.).

It's partially true.
32-bit Windows uses PAE anyways, so it can use up to 64GB, the 4GB limit is just a licensing restriction (which can be unlocked, albeit illegally). 32-bit Windows Server 2008, for example, supports 64GB out of the box without any patches.
Lovely Aston Martin as wallpaper.
Attached images
desktopy.jpg
Le new bg.
Attached images
deskzpo.jpg
After like 3 months, it was time for a change...

Attached images
yo.jpg
I'll just leave this here
Attached images
desktop_bg.jpg
Figured it was about time for a change after 3 months
Attached images
desktop.jpg
Quote from matijapkc :After like 3 months, it was time for a change...

You listen to good music. Memphis may fire

Here's mine anyway
Attached images
duusktop.png
Still on racing theme
Attached images
wp.jpg
Quote from Hahmo :You listen to good music. Memphis may fire

Here's mine anyway

name?

Post your desktop!
(5025 posts, started )