The online racing simulator
C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
Quote from kimd41 :Oh. My. God.

Sorry but, for a winding mountain/coastal road, why is each lane twice the width of a car?
would this game run on a Geforce GT240??
quad core processor
Quote from PeterN :Sorry but, for a winding mountain/coastal road, why is each lane twice the width of a car?

Never been to North America?
My specs:
i5-2500K
Sapphire 7950 OC'ed 3GB
8Gb ram

I get around 60Fps.
FF is a lot smoother with this build! how does the time transition work? I always seem to start at sunset.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Never been to North America?

It's still on the wide side. One and a half car widths would be believable but not two.
Our rodes are quite big because our cars are wider
Dont ask why it haz a smiley iphonez ftw
Quote from JJ72 :FF is a lot smoother with this build! how does the time transition work? I always seem to start at sunset.

you can change the time of day the race starts @.
If I buy the access to this game for €25 there is no need to pay anything else in the future at all? I mean, when the game comes out officially.
Can anyone point me to a car / track list? Cant find it anywhere...
Quote from Mysho :If I buy the access to this game for €25 there is no need to pay anything else in the future at all? I mean, when the game comes out officially.

Nothing has been set in stone. IF it goes the F2P route (which is sounding less and less likely), I think that investment will offset content purchases until you've broken even. If it goes the boxed/full price route, that amount will be taken off of the purchase price.
Quote from BurnOut69 :Can anyone point me to a car / track list? Cant find it anywhere...

here you go - quickly copied & pasted from pcars forum....

List of Tracks in Project CARS

In-game Modern Tracks

- Anhalt - Oschersleben
- Badenring - Hockenheim
- Bathurst - Mount Panorama
- Belgian Forest Circuit - Spa Francorchamps
- Besos - Catalunya
- Bologna (Reverse)- Imola
- California Raceway - Willow Springs
- Connecticut Hill GP (Short) (Reverse) - Watkins Glen
- Derby - Donington Park
- Florence - Mugello
- Jin Ding - Zhuhai
- Loire 24 - Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans)
- Loire National - Bugatti Circuit
- Milan - Monza
- Northampton - Silverstone
- Wisconsin Raceway - Road America

In-game Historic Tracks

- Historic Badenring - Hockenheim (Pre 2002)
- Rouen Les Essarts

In-game Fictional Tracks

- Test Track

Planned/Confirmed Tracks

- Solitude Rennstrecke
- Nordschleife
- Brands Hatch*
- Oulton Park*
- Snetterton*
- Cadwell Park*
- Old Spa
- Monaco
- Milan Oval
- Historic Monza (1967. GPL2.)
- Suzuka (Nearly Certain)

In-game Kart Tracks;

- Chesterfield
- Glencairn (Reverse) -
- Glencairn West (Reverse)
- Glencairn East (Reverse)
- Summerton

----------------------------------------------------------------------

List of Vehicles in Project CARS

In game

The following cars are included the latest build of Project CARS:

Ariel Atom 300 supercharged (beta1)
Ariel Atom Mugen (beta1)
Ariel Atom 500 V8 '11 (alpha1)

Asano LM11 TDX: "Audi R18 TDI" (beta2)
Asano X4 Touring (beta2)

Caterham Superlight R500 (Beta1)

2011 Formula A (Alpha1)
Formula B (beta2)

Gumpert Apollo S(Beta1)

Kart (alpha1)
Shifter Kart 250cc "SuperKart" (alpha1)

Leonus F68 Cromwell V8 (beta2)
Leonus F77 Cromwell V8 (beta2)
Leonus F86 Pirault Turbo (beta2)

2011 Palmer Jaguar JP-LM (PreAlpha)

Racer L4-RS (beta1)
Racer V8-RS (beta1)

WIP

The following cars are being developed by the pCARS team, but are not ready to be put into the builds yet:

2011 BAC Mono (WIP)

1990 Caper Stock Car (WIP)

Caterham SP/300.R (WIP)
Caterham Classic (not started yet)
somebody tell them Donington is not that near Derby. nearest major town is Loughborough
Quote from anttt69 :somebody tell them Donington is not that near Derby. nearest major town is Loughborough

Well the official address is Donington Park, Derby. Maybe that is a slight reason to call it Derby until licensing.
Quote from anttt69 :somebody tell them Donington is not that near Derby. nearest major town is Loughborough

I don't think they're too fussed. Watkins Glen is called Connecticut Hill, despite the fact that it's not even in the same state; WG is in up-state New York.
Important news

Quote from Ian Bell :Hi all,

First of all, I'm sorry i can't go into details on specifics here as it's all extremely NDA but it's about 95% certain at this point that SMS will be changing company structure in the sense that we will become part of something bigger and better. This is generally 'a very good thing' and will most likely make it such that we will have all funding in place for pCARs and thus will most likely close off investment for members in the very near future.

The terms and conditions of pCARs will remain unchanged for everyone and you'll get all of the agreed benefits.

What is does mean though is that if you are considering upgrading your tool pack/membership level in the future it might be good to do this within the next 2-3 weeks.

None of the above is 100% certain but as I say, it's about 95%

Again, sorry I can't go into specifics but it's good for us, good for you and good for the project.

Cheers!

So hurry up and buy/upgrade a membership or you'll have to wait until its released.

P.S: They're making mountain roads exclusive to Team Members, so upgrade while you can.
So its pretty much safe to bury this then, isnt it? If its some major publisher / developer that is getting involved, then I think we can almost be certain that the "realistic" physics concept will be completely scrapped.
Simbin partnership
Quote from DevilDare :So its pretty much safe to bury this then, isnt it? If its some major publisher / developer that is getting involved, then I think we can almost be certain that the "realistic" physics concept will be completely scrapped.

And if so then what I foresaw about people losing money because they thought they were 'investing' will become true.
Omg, I was just about investing into this, but I am not that sure right now...
I thought the customers had shares in the company when they purchased the game?
Quote from BlueFlame :I thought the customers had shares in the company when they purchased the game?

Nope. They buy into the game, not the company. For legal reasons they don't call it investing, either. Simply just has the possibility of a return, no contract or anything concrete.
Quote from MAGGOT :Nope. They buy into the game, not the company. For legal reasons they don't call it investing, either. Simply just has the possibility of a return, no contract or anything concrete.

Something else on my list of things that I mis-interpreted.

Thanks for clarification though.

C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG