The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from DeKo :huge rant

What are you doing on ovals man!? You're from Europe you don't belong on ovals.
Attached images
images.jpg
Quote from Jertje :What are you doing on ovals man!? You're from Europe you don't belong on ovals.

In case you're serious, i recommend you trying them. Short ovals preferrably, D or C series, or KY 250 this month. It can be good fun.
Probably the most fun I've had on iRacing is running the Daytona 500 for the last 2 years. Last year was brilliant and I finished 2nd, even though the drafting sucked. This year's race was unbelievable, 40 cars in a pack, 3 wide, 205mph laps, teaming up with other cars and pulling away from the pack, only for the engine to overheat and drop back again. It's brilliant, if you have never tried it I recommend you do. Just disable text chat and mute everyone except the person you're working with.

I think I overall prefer road racing, but the F1 car is broken, which is mainly what I'm interested in running. High downforce at Spa/Road America is a joke, and with HDF it's not very fun to drive. I enjoy the odd Proto/GT race, but the HPD is boring, and the Ford GT has tiny fields. On the oval side it's incredibly easy to get a race at any time of day, road doesn't seem to have this.
Quote from Jertje :Wait, are you're saying iRacing feels numb in comparison to LFS?

In comparison to the 4, not just LFS, but yes. Cars are completely dead on the NTM. If you are thinking "well LFS you are driving on glass so it feels numb" then you are completely missing my point.
You Are All Traitors!
I Shall Report You To The LFS Authorities immediately!
Seriously though, I thought you guys thought iRacing sucked.
Quote from CheerioDM :You Are All Traitors!
I Shall Report You To The LFS Authorities immediately!
Seriously though, I thought you guys thought iRacing sucked.

Most of us do dislike it, but Eric Bailey told us if we are bored of LFS to try else where. We are only doing what the LFS developers want us to do, therefore are not traitors.
Quote from PMD9409 :Most of us do dislike it, but Eric Bailey told us if we are bored of LFS to try else where. We are only doing what the LFS developers want us to do, therefore are not traitors.

I myself have preached the virtues of LFS on rFactor2 chat but that is no reason to abandon LFS. You are commenting a lot but your mention of iRacing has me worried.
Please give me your comparison.

Edit: We are all waiting, and I have been no better than anyone else with laps.
I just feel iRacing is a very big competitor.
Please don't let us down Scavier.
Sorry I have no idea what you are wanting/asking.
iRacing is, for me, filling the gap until LFS is updated and the community comes back. iRacing is terrible, really, but it's the best their is right now. It's much less fun driving an iRacing car on a track by itself compared to doing the same on LFS, but close racing with other people is what I'm interested in, so iRacing wins right now.
Anyone know when the CTS-V is being released? They say Spring, but that could be any time between now & the end of May.
Quote from anttt69 :Anyone know when the CTS-V is being released? They say Spring, but that could be any time between now & the end of May.

end of may then
Quote from Flame CZE :By the way...
I don't remember much how the old physics beahved in the past but now when I drive the Mazda (or basically any car), I don't feel as connected to the car and as I do in LFS, I don't know if it's me. However, the cars handling is unpredictable sometimes. I turn my wheel a bit less - massive oversteer, and a bit more - uncontrollable slide and spin. Jus my 2c.

i´ve got the same damn thing
It's not LFS deko. We are still in early 2009.
I must say that is photoshop lvl 999 in that pic, no offence :P
Quote from Flame CZE :I must say that is photoshop lvl 999 in that pic, no offence :P

Don't be hatin on Stu!
Quote from DeKo :I think I overall prefer road racing, but the F1 car is broken, which is mainly what I'm interested in running. High downforce at Spa/Road America is a joke, and with HDF it's not very fun to drive.

Interesting. Has there been any discussion/explanation in the forums of what in the NTM is causing the Low DF setups to be incompetitive?
The Western Wolves MX-5 Challenge sessions are up if you want to join and have a shot at getting the €
Quote from boothy :The Western Wolves MX-5 Challenge sessions are up if you want to join and have a shot at getting the €

If only I had sub and that track.. What time will the stream start at?
6ish
Yep, come watch Wilko and I struggle through more new names!
:E epic
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG