The online racing simulator
What happend to this car?
(30 posts, started )
Was browsing trough the older screenshots and found this :

Is this the beta MRT5 or something? I have never seen it on Youtube nor in the car selection screen. Is this car in LFS? If so instant buy for me Also sorry if it has been asked before.

Edit : Better view of the thing.

The wing fell off because nothing was holding it there, and then they just scrapped it..
Yes it is the MRT and exist in LFS. You must have S1/S2 licence to drive it.

Oops... without the wings
I personally stumbled upon this after buying S2! Personally, I feel it's just an unreleased version of the MRT5. Essentially, it's the same as the MRT5 without the little canards around the wheels along with the front/rear wings. It does look interesting, but that rear wing is floating!

Verdict: Unfortunately - this exact appearance of the MRT5 does not appear in the game, but I can assure you those additions would only offer down-force options, which could be seen as unnecessary given the specs of that car. Despite the lack of this EXACT design in the game, the MRT5 at its present appearance/specs is a beautiful car to drive. In other words, S1/S2 is well worth the buy
Quote from xtremeracer83 :I personally stumbled upon this after buying S2! Personally, I feel it's just an unreleased version of the MRT5. Essentially, it's the same as the MRT5 without the little canards around the wheels along with the front/rear wings. It does look interesting, but that rear wing is floating!

Verdict: Unfortunately - this exact appearance of the MRT5 does not appear in the game, but I can assure you those additions would only offer down-force options, which could be seen as unnecessary given the specs of that car. Despite the lack of this EXACT design in the game, the MRT5 at its present appearance/specs is a beautiful car to drive. In other words, S1/S2 is well worth the buy

Ah thats a shame really, i will look into buying a S1/S2 license anyway then.

Thanks for the info!
Also i spotted that the link says MRT6, and in the Cars and Tracks menu it's just the MRT5. Probably been just a experiment then...
Quote from JSHuiting :Also i spotted that the link says MRT6, and in the Cars and Tracks menu it's just the MRT5. Probably been just a experiment then...

Yes, it probably was an experiment with aero, downforce, wings & stuff.
IIRC it was an aero experiment done by Scawen for McGill as a possibility to be put on the real FSAE car. I'm assuming it was either unsuccessful or the FSAE rules ban aero packages; I'm not sure. Either way, it's not on the real car in competition spec so it's not in LFS, either.
a seemingly minor mod like that would be refreshing to say the least in lfs though....

its own little sub class, with the scirocco and the lx8...
Give it 200+BHP and a turbo and that thing would be flying (or sliding).

Now that would make for some interesting racing for some weeks

After that, everything will cool down and only cruise and drift servers will be filled.

Then you are disappointed and start drinking.

When you wake up in the gutter, you go home and play some RBR instead.
-
(Zay) DELETED by Zay
Scawen mentions it here: http://www.lfs.net/?page=s2progress 8 years ago, already!

Just an educated guess. The way he refeers to it kinda makes it sound like it wasn't just a "silly" experiment, but more like a car that was supposed to be released on the long term... "i did a little work on the MRT6", "the unsprung wings that the MRT6 will use.", etc.

Dunno why the project was canned, but I doubt we'll ever see it released publicly. I guess we can put this car in the same category than the LX8
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Scawen mentions it here: http://www.lfs.net/?page=s2progress 8 years ago, already!

Just an educated guess. The way he refeers to it kinda makes it sound like it wasn't just a "silly" experiment, but more like a car that was supposed to be released on the long term... "i did a little work on the MRT6", "the unsprung wings that the MRT6 will use.", etc.

Dunno why the project was canned, but I doubt we'll ever see it released publicly. I guess we can put this car in the same category than the LX8

Scawen uses force mode in some of those screenies!!!!11 That's cheating and he should get banned from LFS!!!
If I remember well and it was an experiment between MCGill FSAE team and Scawen. Wings are not banned (rules are really open, and I think the rear wing was suppose to be attached to the triangles and not to the chassis, as it is also autorized) in FSAE and they make some heavy winged cars. But it is more weight, more budget and more drag with only a 600cc engine (you have to justify the technical dossier of your car). It is usually faster on the skidpad, but FSAE is not only about the skidpad. So I guess they did not see enough pros and never built the car this way, so in the end it was kind of logic not to release it in LFS.
Am I the only one who expected the 43534th 'Where is teh Schickoko' thread after reading the title?
From testing in LFS, they decided just to add an undertray to the MRT6, and not the wings. At least, that's what I recall. The in-game car was never intended to be released to the public.
I love the winged FXO.

Looked cool, but then the FXR would look...less agressive hehe
Even tho the car looked ... strange.. it would be fun to have it aswell as the LX8, the more the merrier!
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :

And the Scirocco.
And the Rally pack
And the tyre physics
Forever S2
And the updated cockpits
and the westhill updates
South city extensions

(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG