The online racing simulator
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :I'm in.

gonna get creamed though

Word of advice, pick drivers who start towards the back of the pack if you're in experianced or not feeling lucky.

You have less to lose and a whole bucket of points to gain since a pass is worth a point and a position above where they started is a point

(Great strategy at Daytona and Talledega with the crashes )
Quote from Cornys :Word of advice, pick drivers who start towards the back of the pack

So... Danica it is!
Starting to pack up for the trip across the Atlantic. Got my tickets for Daytona 500 in my suitcase, ready to go. Can't wait, tbh!
Daytona and talladega are tv tracks whereas pther tracks are better to be there. In my opinion of course
Well, it was the only race during out two-week stay in Florida, so I took the opportunity to go. Got decent seats too, I've been told. Besides, raceday atmosphere is not conveyed on tv whichever way you twist it. I'm gonna enjoy it, and my boys are likely to enjoy it as well.
Daytona is still a fun experience though. I've been to 7 different tracks now and even though Daytona didn't have the best racing, it was really cool to go to. Wish I was going down there again next weekend.

Just saw your other thread about going to the race atledreier, not sure how I missed it when it first got posted. Like others said, definitely get there early. When I went last year, we parked in the infield so parking wasn't bad, but we waiting until pretty close to race time to walk to our seats and the amount of people flooding into the place was out of control, definitely plan ahead for that kind of thing.

Have fun and let us know how it was when you get back.

Edit: I just looked and we were in row 20 last year. You being in row 36 should be a pretty good view of most of the track, but you're not so high up that you don't still feel the cars going by. Those are really good seats. Also, make sure you go down and stand right on the fence(or as close as they'll let you) for one of the restarts, just make sure you cover your ears because its going to be really loud.
You will have a good time, i havent been
There in
Over 10 years. Been to dover daytona newhampshire and lowes for the allstar. Dover is awesome for spectators
Dover may be on my list for next year. Doing Bristol this year.
I've already got tickets for Dover this June . Daytona and Talledega are both great TV tracks, but to see in person I'm not sure how it would be. I think tandem racing there would be funner to watch than pack racing in person, but I've never seem a race (just rode in a car at 'Dega).

As I told you earlier; have fun, be safe, and enjoy the United States and Daytona!
Quote from atledreier :Besides, raceday atmosphere is not conveyed on tv whichever way you twist it.

Last year my dad and I went to the Sao Paulo Indy 300 race. I got second degree burns all over from the heat during qualifying and then on Sunday the race got called off after two hours of torrential rain. I spent the next week with a running nose and shedding skin like a snake. Sometimes, TV not conveing the raceday experience isn't all that bad.
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :Last year my dad and I went to the Sao Paulo Indy 300 race. I got second degree burns all over from the heat during qualifying and then on Sunday the race got called off after two hours of torrential rain. I spent the next week with a running nose and shedding skin like a snake. Sometimes, TV not conveing the raceday experience isn't all that bad.

LOL, well, that's a whole different story.

The Daytona 500 should be in warm (around 75 degree) Daytona Beach, Florida next Sunday .
Can't wait, to be honest! :-)
Quote from Cornys :LOL, well, that's a whole different story.

The Daytona 500 should be in warm (around 75 degree) Daytona Beach, Florida next Sunday .

Weather has been pretty wacky here lately actually. I'm hoping for that weather too, but wouldn't hold my breath.
It's been wacky all around. It's barely even dipped below freezing in Michigan. Just as long as the race isn't shortened due to rain, it's all good

BTW, what's happening with the fantasy league now... still only 8. Probably getting to be time to advertise it somewhere else or make it public.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :It's been wacky all around. It's barely even dipped below freezing in Michigan. Just as long as the race isn't shortened due to rain, it's all good

BTW, what's happening with the fantasy league now... still only 8. Probably getting to be time to advertise it somewhere else or make it public.

As long as we have 8 we're good . I can lock it at any number 8 or higher . Looking at Tuesday night to lock that if we don't get 10 so we can make our picks
Practice is tonight, 5-6 and 6:30-7:30 on SPEED, interested to see how the draft looks.
Quote from UncleBenny :Practice is tonight, 5-6 and 6:30-7:30 on SPEED, interested to see how the draft looks.

Me as well. I'm kind of excited to see it

Edit: Looks like it's going to rain...
Yeah, mother nature saying FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU today here.
Just ruined my day. Weather looks better for tomorrow at least.
Quote from UncleBenny :Just ruined my day. Weather looks better for tomorrow at least.

It does, and Daytona 500 forcast is around 80 and cloudy, but no rain (bound to change of course being 8 days away)
Chad at it again. 48 car has been taken and confiscated for an unapproved modification.

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG