The online racing simulator
More interested in that Audi...

At this point in life I enjoy cars that don't require me to support my sack whilst driving (68 F1s notwithstanding)

I find it curious how fast the mod makers are getting to town on this, since it's still Beta. but that's not a complaint
Arg my laptop sucks... I wont be able to really give it a go till the end of this summer.
To much grip for a 1960's F1 car
Looks lovely but does the car really 'float' like that ingame?
Quote from Scrabby :To much grip for a 1960's F1 car

Car Phil took has front and rear wings, driving the F1 car without the wings is a wilder ride (and near enough 10mph faster down straights)
Quote from JackDaMaster :Car Phil took has front and rear wings, driving the F1 car without the wings is a wilder ride (and near enough 10mph faster down straights)

Woops, my bad! Looks good though. I still play GPL everyday..
So finally got the beta and have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by what I've seen and felt so far. The Megane is a fun car to drive, while the Formula Renault is a bit meh. The 1960 F1 car is something that needs a bit more practice in before I can fully commit to it.

The Tyre Model seems to be similar to netKar Pro in that when you get understeer going on you can 'feel' the front tires wash out and scrub. There grip line seems to work well and running through the gravel (as I often do) creates problems down the line

The only criticism I can aim at it so far is that the AI seem a bit scripted (lock wheel then bizarre spin) and that it's a hog on the CPU at the moment as such my PC which meets the min spec easily, suffers some FPS lag when it gets busy in a race.

Overall though, good fun, and that what I look for in a game.
Hey all,

pardon me for asking, but I just bought the game, installed it, but there seem to be no cars and no tracks in it when I click on single player...

What am I doing wrong?
Quote from rediske :Hey all,

pardon me for asking, but I just bought the game, installed it, but there seem to be no cars and no tracks in it when I click on single player...

What am I doing wrong?

Did you download the RFMOD files on the 'download' thread on the forum.

If not, then download them and put them in the packages folder (C:My Documents/rFactor2/Packages) then open up rFactor 2, before selecting any of the options chose the manage mods option on the bottom right of the box. Right click on the mods and chose install, then it's good to go.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Did you download the RFMOD files on the 'download' thread on the forum.

If not, then download them and put them in the packages folder (C:My Documents/rFactor2/Packages) then open up rFactor 2, before selecting any of the options chose the manage mods option on the bottom right of the box. Right click on the mods and chose install, then it's good to go.

Quote from CheerioDM :You have to install the mods.
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1396-Downloads
That is all the content.
http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/first-time-install/

Thank you guys for replying so quickly and poking me in the right direction! :up:

Downloading content via torrent while typing this! I think they could have done this procedure a little more obvious by putting that info inside the game...
It is kinda weird, they did it to show the new mod structure and whatnot. I doubt the real release will work that way.
I'll admit that I was puzzled at first as well, but then I didn't read the installation guide that was also posted.
http://sim-dream.com/

Modders trying to pop stuff out uber fast. Probably not the best idea but at least they figure out how to produce stuff.

Edit: F*** that, gotta pay.
Quote from PMD9409 :http://sim-dream.com/

Modders trying to pop stuff out uber fast. Probably not the best idea but at least they figure out how to produce stuff.

Edit: F*** that, gotta pay.

Yeah I saw that a few days ago. $7 isn't going to happen :P But it looks like they're pretty serious about what they do, marketing recreations to potential car buyers and what not. Fun way to make a living really.
Yeah seriously. They should approach car dealerships and try and make a sim-rig for display for all the cars they are recreating.

Job offer too:
http://sim-dream.com/job.html
I'm under impression that rF2's modding community is similar to FSX's in that to get quality accurate add-ons based on real researched data, one must pay for the content. Was that not the case?

Also, how do I change the layout for the Sepang circuit?
it might be, it seems they are trying to centralize the modding community and have some sort of enforcement in terms of quality and distribution. Which can't be a good thing.

FSX do have plenty of freewares, which MS is essentially outlawing it in the upcoming MS Flight. ISI can easily make only official mods playable online etc.
@ Legoflamb:
Change to "all cars and all tracks", then everything becomes available including the layouts.
Simply do "all tracks and cars" if you want to try a different combo. About the rF2 modding. That site seems to have been a pay for mods site since early days of rF1. The big mod of "World Super GT 2" or whatever its called has been said it will be free because it is just a mod. No matter how great it is, it is a mod and was always free and should always be free. They don't mind donations, but they will not be charging for their mod.

I actually thought it was cool for a mod developer to talk some sense. Hopefully others think the same and don't go crazy and try to charge just because they think it is "premium".
thanks for the info BBT & PMD.

As for mods, a little research will be required to find out whether the modders are legit if the premium thing gets out of hand.
Quote from JJ72 :it might be, it seems they are trying to centralize the modding community and have some sort of enforcement in terms of quality and distribution. Which can't be a good thing.

FSX do have plenty of freewares, which MS is essentially outlawing it in the upcoming MS Flight. ISI can easily make only official mods playable online etc.

ISI knows it needs:
1. lots of free mods - It must be easy to create a quality mod. A bad mod should not need a reinstall of the game. Lots of free mods generate a lot of sales.

2. good drm on content - It must be safe for companies like Simbin to create a mod that looks like a separate game that they can sell (for full price), and the cars/tracks will not leak as "free mods". Then ISI can sell licenses on gmotor. This can also give some anti cheat for online racing.

Appstore for mods would be nice, preferably something with integrated mod-browser-downloader-installer. And cheap mods, I'll easily pay a few euro for something that looks fun, more than that I'll probably buy another game instead.

The Rfactor thread. (rF & rF2)
(431 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG