The online racing simulator
C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
Yeah, new friday update (build 124) availlable after the holiday...

I am so confident in that form of game development (and LFS doesn't want my money obviously) that I upgraded to a senior yesterday, I wonder when the first 'meetings' will take place...
(just noticed I could as well have postet that in the 'last purchase' thread, but meh)

...and btw what a cool friday it is today because there is a new release of kart racing pro availlable too... http://kartracing-pro.com/ :faint:

good WE all!
Quote from Gills4life :The graphics I find are more demanding than BF3 but I think thats just because it hasn't been optimized as well as it will be when its finished.

Yea, especially since IIRC many cars have no LODs yet Sure is pretty, though....
New build (134/135) feels pretty damn good
Oh lawd.. I paid and downloaded several months ago but haven't even tried it yet

Problem?
Quote from Electrik Kar :New build (134/135) feels pretty damn good

Oh?
Have not had the time testing, could you please share some thoughts and experience about it?
I like to game very much.
Nice graphics, and high detailed carmodels!

I can't wait till they release a build for online play!
Quote from The Very End :Oh?
Have not had the time testing, could you please share some thoughts and experience about it?

I'm going off a comparison to probably about 5 major builds ago. Imo FFB is greatly improved, especially the info provided under braking. Generally a much more detailed and 'natural' feel all round- approaching the higher fidelity of the more 'hard core' sims. But for some reason the settings which most people are reporting give good results are not working for me. I will need to find out what's going on here... but for now I'm getting best results with steering lock set to 360 (g25), and ffb strength set to no higher than 30 ingame. Others are complaining of a lack of ffb strength at 100, which doesn't make sense to me. If I set steering lock much higher, and especially when turned to 900, I get a lot of resistance while turning in, then past a certain point the steering will loosen up dramatically... feels very strange.

I had problems with getting this build to run. Turns out the culprit was the nVidia 3d driver- once uninstalled the game ran fine.
Just put down 10 euros.

Rfactor2 is pretty steep for a beta and this seemed like a bargin in comparison.
Quote from Electrik Kar :I'm going off a comparison to probably about 5 major builds ago. Imo FFB is greatly improved, especially the info provided under braking. Generally a much more detailed and 'natural' feel all round- approaching the higher fidelity of the more 'hard core' sims. But for some reason the settings which most people are reporting give good results are not working for me. I will need to find out what's going on here... but for now I'm getting best results with steering lock set to 360 (g25), and ffb strength set to no higher than 30 ingame. Others are complaining of a lack of ffb strength at 100, which doesn't make sense to me. If I set steering lock much higher, and especially when turned to 900, I get a lot of resistance while turning in, then past a certain point the steering will loosen up dramatically... feels very strange.

I had problems with getting this build to run. Turns out the culprit was the nVidia 3d driver- once uninstalled the game ran fine.

Thanks for taking the time describing
I have only brifly tested the desember build, problem was that I my computer simply is not powerfull enough for it. I have to put everything down, but then the game looks really shit and it takes away some of the feeling of it.
Quote from JJ72 :Just put down 10 euros.

Rfactor2 is pretty steep for a beta and this seemed like a bargin in comparison.

This drives me nuts...

You're not paying for a beta. You're paying for a final release, and you simply get access for the beta for doing so. Did you think they should charge less for it since it's in Beta right now?
Quote from The Very End :Thanks for taking the time describing
I have only brifly tested the desember build, problem was that I my computer simply is not powerfull enough for it. I have to put everything down, but then the game looks really shit and it takes away some of the feeling of it.

Might be worth trying it again as there have been some performance optimisations. Part of the reason I shelved it recently was bad performance. Shadows are a bit of a killer so if you set those to low or even off it will probably help a lot.
Gotta try that out when I'm home and see if the performance has gone up
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :This drives me nuts...

You're not paying for a beta. You're paying for a final release, and you simply get access for the beta for doing so. Did you think they should charge less for it since it's in Beta right now?

well yes actually since it is pretty much a preorder deal, there should be some incentive, especially most of the content wont come until modders start working. jut tried cars and the car lineup is amazing! Still have some nasty snapback behavior under countering but overall feels pretty good, the graphics is also outright amazing.
Quote from JJ72 :well yes actually since it is pretty much a preorder deal, there should be some incentive, especially most of the content wont come until modders start working. jut tried cars and the car lineup is amazing! Still have some nasty snapback behavior under countering but overall feels pretty good, the graphics is also outright amazing.

So, the Beta access is not an incentive?
Quote from GFresh :So, the Beta access is not an incentive?

with the current content not really, i am getting 3 different formula 1 cars from 60s, 70s, 80s and a host of different cars with CARS, and also bathrust, spa and willowsprings etc, all for 10 euros. much better impulse buy imo. i wouldnt put down full price just to test out the physics.
Quote from JJ72 :well yes actually since it is pretty much a preorder deal, there should be some incentive, especially most of the content wont come until modders start working. jut tried cars and the car lineup is amazing! Still have some nasty snapback behavior under countering but overall feels pretty good, the graphics is also outright amazing.

The incentive is that you get 18 months subscription after release instead of the usual 12 months if you preorder/buy the beta.
Really? As I understood their press release they're giving you the six months beta so your sub doesn't run out before those ordering at release...
Quote from bbman :Really? As I understood their press release they're giving you the six months beta so your sub doesn't run out before those ordering at release...

This is what I read in the forums as well: that the 6 extra months were for the beta.
Well, you can wait for release, pay the same and have no impact on development at all. less clutter on the forums that way.
Can anyone point me in the direct of some recommended PC specs for this?, their site is a nightmare to navigate......
Quote from danowat :Can anyone point me in the direct of some recommended PC specs for this?, their site is a nightmare to navigate......

Quote :Since plenty of people have been asking, here are the recommended minimum system specs to run the C.A.R.S. development builds:

CPU – 3.0GHz Dual-Core, 2.4GHz Quad-Core
GRAPHICS – nVidia 9600 GT 512Mb, ATI Radeon HD 4750 512Mb
MEMORY – 2Gb RAM (3Gb-4Gb recommended)
CONNECTION – Continuous Internet

It is pretty unoptimised at the moment, or was when I last tried.
I got pretty bad fps on Q6600 + 5770, but was playable with eye candy turned down.
Quote from Bean0 :It is pretty unoptimised at the moment, or was when I last tried.
I got pretty bad fps on Q6600 + 5770, but was playable with eye candy turned down.

Cheers mate, probably struggle on my system, might have to wait for a demo before I plonk any money down on it
i am maxing it at 1080i with my GT570, it's a gorgeous game, not only in terms of graphical power but the lighting engine is something else, I think it's the only photorealistic looking racing game on PC.
So how is this when compared to lfs?

Also what kind of damage model it has, couldnt find any vids of it
Quote from JJ72 :i am maxing it at 1080i with my GT570, it's a gorgeous game, not only in terms of graphical power but the lighting engine is something else, I think it's the only photorealistic looking racing game on PC.

I have the same card and things are smooth now. In terms of graphics, I think looking back to LFS, you can see how far things have come with pCARS. Lighting definitely needs work- exposure can be a bit iffy under certain situations but the technology is certainly there I think for them to work wonders.

PS, I got my steering settings sorted now- I had steering sensitivity cranked down/up or something, and set now at default I am able to use 900 steering lock and crank up the FFB. It's still nowhere near maximum but it feels better than before (a second nice surprise). Pretty hyped now...

C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG