The online racing simulator
4 Times WORLD CHAMPION
(45 posts, started )
Quote from detail :A typical tough guy, what strange do you see in the video? Zidane is not a saint either (even if he is not that agressive) through his career must have made such things too, that there are enough materials for a video like this.

I totally agree with you... Materazzi is NOT the only one player that play in that way... Many many many others player do that... even Zidane
Just one word about materazzi:

I never liked him, he WAS (and i repeat WAS) a player that did lot of fouls and usually played in that way...

BUT

In this World Cup (and that's what about we are speaking), luckily, he didn't do none of the things that he was used to do.
(yes, he taken a red card against australia, but after the match fifa and the refs too admitted that was an excessive penalization for a foul that was unvolunteer, infact they reduced disqualification from 4 to 1 day).

Now, in the final, from the TV cam, we could not know what zidane and materazzi said each other, but we have seen that the one that hit the other was zidane, not materazzi.

So, ok, materazzi is not a saint, but zidane hit him, not the opposite.
Words, if heavy too, however remain only words. Hitting is another thing.
^^
Zizou just said on tv that materazi insulted his mother and sister in a very bad way 2 or 3 times in a row , what would have been your reaction?
Some new programme got some lip readers to try and identify what he was saying and they came up with something along the lines of I hope your mother dies and I wish a very painfell death on all your family.

If it was that or something of the sort I don't think he done enough to be honest, maybe nutting him in the face but anyway, was a cracker anyway and as someone said, at least he gave him something to go down about.
Quote from ldriver :Zizou just said on tv that materazi insulted his mother and sister in a very bad way 2 or 3 times in a row , what would have been your reaction?

Materazzi said in an interview that he didnt insulted his family.

So, who has reason?

P.S: your avatar should say "caution: french footballers", Malouda did a nice dive in Italian Area during the final loool
But several "Lippenlesers" (dont know the english word: people, that can see, what someone says, when they see their lips) said, that he did insult him. And seeing these horrible videos of him, I surely believe, that he did.

Btw: Your avatar is wrong. The germans should be and are very happy with their 3rd position, so the crying smiley doesnt fit.
Dream on till you can dream no more...
Quote from Crazy Harry :

ITALY DISQUALIFIED
FRANCE FIRST
GERMANY SECOND
PORTUGAL THIRD

Whine! whine! lol

Happy to go to beat france again on september!
Learn to play in whose 3 months eh! xD

I dont know about you guys, but we were taught in the school yard that "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me"

You ask if I could keep calm in that situation? I have no doubt I could, say what you want about my mother, my father whomever, I dont care. Only if I valued your opinion would it bother me. When someone calls names like that, they are doing it with the express purpose of getting you angry, its much more satisfying to not fall for the bait (the same way you should deal with trolls, ignore them).

I cant watch football anymore, its an absolute joke, supposed "adults" acting like little kids. Its sickening the way "proffesional" footballers act, and the amount of money they get payed. Ive totally given up on the game.
It is just sad that in football...diving...acting...ruin the whole game.

Congrats to Italy though
I agree, Mantis, but football, like most team sports, makes spectators feel like they belong to something: it's a form of identity that goes far beyond the very human limits of the players and overshades lots of individual critical attitudes. It may be wrong, but it works this way.
And besides that, it would be absurd asking for high levels of culture for someone who's paid to do something which has little relationship to culture... They're paid to kick a ball the best they can. Sometimes they're good at it, but not much else. I choose my heroes wisely enough, so there aren't any football players among them.
(Well, Damiano Tommasi could be an exception since he's really a nice guy, extremely humble, he knows he's a lucky and wealthy guy and he never forgets about people who weren't as lucky as him. But I don't like him because he's a good player, I like him because he's a great person. He volunteers in prisons, hospitals and institutes for disabled people. He's a midfielder, plays in AC Roma and he decided that he wouldn't accept no more than 1500 Euro a month in his last seasons. It wasn't AC Roma who proposed the contract, in fact they wanted him and they could grant him much more: it was him. He said "I did it because I love soccer and AC Roma". A truly wonderful person, and a very good midfielder.
And I agree with you Albieg, I should have said, I was born in Liverpool, so I know the power of football. I know how passionate it can make you, if I didnt feel that passionate about it, it wouldnt bother me how these people play. But I do care, and thats what makes it so frustrating.
If only we had more like Damiano Tommasi, he sounds like a Saint amongst sinners.
Despite Zidane being the villain and Mezz being the victim, Zidane remains a hero in France and it seems his head butt won't have adversly affected him at all. Whereas the Italian is still seen as a thug.

4 Times WORLD CHAMPION
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG