The online racing simulator
Do you thing that the dynamic track surface is prescripted or its well done like in Kart Racing Pro?
I mean, there is always the same drying line IMO.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Well, someone made a Mod and posted a video. If anyone here takes tires seriously, watch this video of the guy messing around.

Lateral deformation is working, Vertical deformation is working, as is visible flatspotting etc. At one point a little over halfway through, video is shown from below the road surface (LOL) but it REALLY shows the detail in this tire model since the track is transparent, you can see the contact patch of the tire shifting and morphing with load, melting during lockups etc... The deformation isn't as exaggerated (?) as LFS, it looks pretty natural in all directions. I like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... ISXU&feature=youtu.be

I never knew a Honda CrapBox could ever look so good/fun.

Quote from Klouczech :Do you thing that the dynamic track surface is prescripted or its well done like in Kart Racing Pro?
I mean, there is always the same drying line IMO.

It isn't always the same line. Start the track wet and drive (by yourself, not with AIs!) the wrong line on purpose, you will definitely see it isn't the same line over and over. This works for drying the track and for rubber build up.

Picture below shows the rubber build up. That's 15 laps running a high line and notice how it has rubbered up and the low line has not.

http://i.imgur.com/rksV9.jpg
Quote from PMD9409 :I never knew a Honda CrapBox could ever look so good/fun.

Yeah I was scoffing and mocking until I started seeing the tires do their thing :rolleyes: Then I was like :jawdrop:

Quote :
It isn't always the same line. Start the track wet and drive (by yourself, not with AIs!) the wrong line on purpose, you will definitely see it isn't the same line over and over. This works for drying the track and for rubber build up.

Picture below shows the rubber build up. That's 15 laps running a high line and notice how it has rubbered up and the low line has not.

http://i.imgur.com/rksV9.jpg

... WTF, what are you driving, and where is that?
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :

... WTF, what are you driving, and where is that?

Megane at Joesville. Its just a port job from the developer section on rF2. And like Bose said it is basically a port from rF1 with the new lighting etc.
And that's why it was in Dev mode.
Correct, now iR isn't the only sim with planes!
Mhmm... huge jet shadow flew across the track at T1 Mills during a session the other night, kind of caught me off guard... nice little addition though, I guess there can be distractions to deal with in real racing
rfactor2 beta online - first inpression
Hi there!

I downloaded and BOUGHT rfactor2 beta yesterday and this is my first impression:

With my LFS-Computer (Dual core 4200 at 2,0 hz) nvidia 7500gt graficcard

Rfactor2 DOES NOT WORK. The framerate is completely unexaptable with a

desktop PC that is more then enough for Live for Speed S2.

It was late a night, I put all the grafic-ajustments I could find to the minimum, but still, no chance of PLAYING the game properly.

I will, of course, try and find out, what more I can do, do have the game going...but at the moment, for me and my equippement, rfactor2 does not seem to be the simulation of choice, when it comes to LFS-betrayal until the
physics and even Scirocco and Rockingham and the whole S3 thing comes.
(I do wonder though, what System-Requirement will be necessary for LFS S3.)

This is a very first impression!

Dandy
Didn't you check system requirments before you bought it?! I'd love to try it out, but my old laptop can't run it either; so it'll have to wait.
mmm might have to try this and dig out the G25 again. Haven't turned a wheel in anger on a sim for ages and tbh I'm missing something to do, there seems to be a healthy buzz about the Beta just now and besides, there is only so much a man can handle of Football Manager before it becomes an unhealthy addiction (10 seasons in with a custom database to reflect a pyramid system in the Scottish Leagues...went Fort William, so much fun).
Of course my Pc is within the system requirements that are given,
and I am stating that that does not make me happy...
Quote :Of course my Pc is within the system requirements that are given,
and I am stating that that does not make me happy...

MINIMUM:

CPU: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 or 2.4 GHz AMD Athlon x2
Memory: 2 GB
Video Card: nVidia 8600 GT or ATI/AMD 3850
Video Memory: 256MB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
DirectX: 9.0c
Storage: 4 GB

Your graphics card is the problem, there are a lot of recent graphics features 7 series cards simply dont support.
You are right...! I only looked at the CPU... mh, tnx...
-
(Fuse5) DELETED by Flame CZE : threads merged
-
(Silverracer) DELETED by Flame CZE : threads merged
Love the detail on that video, kind of dubious about the tyre model though. Its behaving like a rubber ring not like a re-enforced carcase, deflections are passed a long way around the wheel instead of being resisted by the carcase and there is no sign of harmonics (the stuff that causes axle tramp).
Well, I'm not so sure that that area is a problem:

There is one thing I notice that DOES NOT happen in any other sim I've tried, and I know I talked with Bob Smith about it regarding LFS a few years ago.

in Rfactor 2, when at a standstill, if you turn the wheel a little bit and let it go, it actually snaps back just a little bit - EXACTLY like it should, just like in real life because you're applying torsion to the contact patch. You can feel the tire distorting and resisting the turn, and then forcing the steering back a few degrees as the contact patch re-aligns.

LFS does not do this. iRacing does not do this. nKPro does not do this.

I'm also not sure how you would observe harmonics in a real time video like that or maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying there?
Drag racings not a good example but its the easiest place to see it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HldiiDmvTxI
It causes tyre squeal as the internal stresses build up to the friction limit and are relieved when traction breaks and sometimes has harmonics that remind me of fat joggers
Cant find a race video that shows it well, can kind of see it in the front tyre close to the end of this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1o-TvZQdek
Lack of feedback from the structure of the tyre deforming in games bugs me too, good to know its being focused on Every bit of what you input to the steering and feel back from it should go through that structure so its more or less a fundamental component missing from racing sim's. Always felt the Pacejka formula most sims use is kind of lashed into place and not really suited to the job but after scratching the surface of tyre physics and seeing the amount of factors involved even at a basic level I cant say I blame them for using it.

EDIT whats on the screen is only an interpretation of what the physics engine is doing, there could be any amount of physics complexity with the end result drawn ASAP.
are you guys searching for something like THIS?
Quote from John5200 :are you guys searching for something like THIS?

Nice one, thanks. The rumble strip is giving the initial kick but it shows the tyres natural frequency and lack of internal damping perfectly.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :
LFS does not do this. iRacing does not do this. nKPro does not do this.

While this is actually true, the new tire model does deform logitudinaly, so we could guess it will also do that "torque rebound" you say.

Of course, once we have those new physics

The Rfactor thread. (rF & rF2)
(431 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG