The online racing simulator
KartSim
(99 posts, started )
footage looks great, want!
I want moar!!! :d
#78 - aoun
As long as theres tracks on the game that are around here, ill get this no matter what. I race karts mostly in Sydney, so it will be very interesting to see how much detail is put in. Look out for Newcastle kart track if its in there, As well as Todd Road kart track (that has to be a must, as they are based where the track is). Ive also owned a Arrow 28-30 chassis with a KT100S engine (the exact combination on the preview video). It looked abit weird, but cant wait to test.
Quote from Forbin :The new version of GP-Bikes, which is built on essentially the same code base, is looking very nice. There's a video of it in the GP-Bikes section of Piboso's forum featuring a Cagiva 500cc 2-stroke at Phillip Island.

Cant find it...

Link please?
The preview is looking amazing cant wait for a public release!
Quote from Flame CZE :This is not real?

Amazing graphics.

I tried to get in contact with these guys a couple of years ago to see whether they needed a texture artist. They never got back to me.

Looking at screens I can see why. Nah, they didn't need any help.
I hope my new rig can handle that.

Quote :KartSim®
I often get asked why creating KartSim has taken so long. Apart from the sheer magnitude of programming, physics, networking, 3D & 2D tasks, there is also a myriad of problems like this to solve. This example here just calculates the angle of one front wheel from how much you turn the steering wheel... Zach Griffin

An insight into why sims take so much time to develop for those moaning about LFS
Well, that's extremely simple geometry calculations shown there.. I don't know what they blurred, but figuring that whiteboard out shouldn't take several hours.

I'm still very excited for this sim though, it seems great
Well that's kind of the point. That's the simplest calculation you do with a kart's geometry. Once you factor in the mystery of tyre and chassis flex and you can imagine the scale of work.
That looks awesome!
I read by the comments that some thinks the sound is accurate, while others don't.
Anyone who can confirm this? For me it sounded strange, but I have not driven karting _that_ much, and has not focused too much on the sound.

Still, looks awesome!
The sound seems as though it is replicating recorded sound from something like the hero camera or similar.
Kart Racing Pro - sorry cant find thread

edit found it
#92 - troy
Holy bump batman, but KartSim is still alive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m2aXzygkb0

Didn't' Scawen mention he wanted karts at some point? Maybe they should be working together.

Must resist stupid speed of development joke
At least I can click an LFS exe.
Quote from Intrepid :Completely different sim Forbin You're talking about Kart Racing Pro

For a Kart Racing Neebie, what's the difference. One is out, and the other is not yet, get that bit, but is KRP any good?

Fordie
Quote from troy :Must resist stupid speed of development joke

To be fair, that's an extremely ambitious goal. From having little coding experience to a pretty smooth looking 3d game in 9 years, while completing other jobs, a business degree, and learning (presumably C++, maybe C# or other language) how to program, and 3d model.. That's not doing too bad.
Quote from Fordman :For a Kart Racing Neebie, what's the difference. One is out, and the other is not yet, get that bit, but is KRP any good?

Fordie

All of the PiBoSo sims are good, but he seems to have the same work ethic that Kunos used to have. Create a decent simulator, but then proceed to do 0 work on it to push it past the bare essentials. Then get bored and create a new sim (with no support).

At this point, PiBoSo has a Closed wheel car sim, Kart Sim, Motorbike sim and now a dirt bike sim. Problem being is that none of these have matured past 1 or 2 patches and the online community is non-existent (last I checked at least).

They're nice for what they are, but there seems to be no real "future" plan for any of them.
#97 - aoun
Kart racing pro is pretty rubbish in terms of input. I've tried driving a kart on that game as I do in real life, and it just wont happen.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :All of the PiBoSo sims are good, but he seems to have the same work ethic that Kunos used to have. Create a decent simulator, but then proceed to do 0 work on it to push it past the bare essentials. Then get bored and create a new sim (with no support).

At this point, PiBoSo has a Closed wheel car sim, Kart Sim, Motorbike sim and now a dirt bike sim. Problem being is that none of these have matured past 1 or 2 patches and the online community is non-existent (last I checked at least).

They're nice for what they are, but there seems to be no real "future" plan for any of them.

I don't know how piboso markets his products but there are essentially two kinds of games. Games that get updates after the release and games that don't. Just because piboso's sims aren't in constant development like iracing, pcars, ac or even gt6 doesn't really mean he is just someone who loses interest as soon as the product can be sold. Maybe it is his intent to finish the game when it is released and that's it? Not all games are constantly developed even if that approach is fairly common in the racing sim genre.
I am not a huge fan of KRP. Feels like a very very good rFactor mod, not much more.

KartSim
(99 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG