The online racing simulator
The three Gibbs cars ran 7 - 8 mph faster in tandem (18 - 11) as opposed to in a three car pack (20 - 18 - 11). Unless further changes are made, the tandem drafting will remain I'm afraid.
Yeah I'm watching some re-run now. Thanks for the info though. Not surprised with the Martin/Bowyer thing. Expect that type of mis-communication in the races, causing a crash or two.
Quote from PMD9409 :Yeah I'm watching some re-run now. Thanks for the info though. Not surprised with the Martin/Bowyer thing. Expect that type of mis-communication in the races, causing a crash or two.

I wouldn't rule out possable rule changes for the remainder of Preseason Thunder. Certainly the speeds today were too high (202 mph) to substain the package (testing speeds idealy would be under 200).

Also, expect more changes in order to try and keep the cars from hooking up. NASCAR is committed to keeping the boys have at it and to breaking up the tandem draft. They won't force them to stop, but they do almost every technical thing that they can to stop it I beleive.
http://www.nascar.com/news/120 ... -daytona-day-1/index.html

Larger plates, NASCAR asks drivers to drive in a pack to get an idea on the speed, and cooling systems are reduced once again. (smaller opening, and lower pressure releife valve.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Off topic... What's with all of those black and white liveries? You'd think they would all try to come up with something nicer for a test broadcasted on TV, no?

NASCAR tradition is to bring an unpainted car to testing, and this is the first test session that I can ever recall that was on TV. The 10 of Danica was the only painted car in the test session, and that's the first painted car (other than grey, black, or white) that I've seen in testing before.

Alot of the teams don't have their 2012 paint schemes fully worked out yet, also I'd assume, so they don't want to paint a car all up unless they know for sure what color it will be (Danica knows that her car will bright green).

The changes for the 3rd day of testing
-25psi pressure releif valve has been dropped down to 21psi.
-Front radiator opening shrunk down more (from the bottom only).
-Plates moved back to where they were on the first day of testing.

Estimated effect: Even shorter tandem duration, and make it more difficult for drivers to continue with the tandem throught the race.

Honestly, I expect it to work.
Quote from Cornys :NASCAR tradition is to bring an unpainted car to testing, and this is the first test session that I can ever recall that was on TV. The 10 of Danica was the only painted car in the test session, and that's the first painted car (other than grey, black, or white) that I've seen in testing before.

Alot of the teams don't have their 2012 paint schemes fully worked out yet, also I'd assume, so they don't want to paint a car all up unless they know for sure what color it will be (Danica knows that her car will bright green).

I see now. Thanks for enlightening the NASCAR noob
-
(UncleBenny) DELETED by UncleBenny : nevermind, that's Nationwide not the truck series

That's apparently the 2013 Ford Fusion cup car. Disgusting.

I guess its nice that it looks kind of similar to the street car. Problem is, the street car is hideous.

I do like the roof line the most, I think that's what most changes the looks of this car compared to the current car.

Edit: more pictures: http://www.motorauthority.com/ ... eaked_gallery-1#100379516
Grill looks like an Aston.
Looks more like an mitsu evo to me than an aston even if the front lower section is different. To me it just looks a bit wrong for that type of car. Plus it looks a bit overdone and unlike the aston martin that grille makes it look a bit ricey.

I think the cup car looks much better than the road version though. The headlights bother me more than the grill to be honest.
I love the fact that it actually looks like a stock car. Yes, the car its self in hideous looking, but the fact of the matter is that that is what the real thing looks like so it should be ugly just the same.
Well looking at that, its easy to tell what the dodge will look like. Now lets see how hideous they can make the Chevy and Toyota look.
Quote from PMD9409 :Well looking at that, its easy to tell what the dodge will look like. Now lets see how hideous they can make the Chevy and Toyota look.

Chevy and Toyota shouldn't look too bad I don't think, and Dodge should look nice I beleive
Well it could end up like when the dodge had the big front end compared to the rest of the cars. It was said the front aero was much different because of this, mainly on restrict or plate tracks.

Trust me i love the direction taken, just hope it isn't used as an excuse.

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG