The online racing simulator
Aonio 1.5.4
Updated Aonio version is available, which I strongly recommend to use.

1) The wrong lap time/speed comparison data are fixed now. (What a nasty bug, thanks for the reports!)

2) On open tracks (layouts with no nodes) the race field panel shows last known time difference, instead of zeros.

3) When connected to Airio PROS server it will recognize custom tracks and store timing/fuel data.

When updating the application, please be sure to update also the Aegio library, otherwise you may be getting many unknown packets.
Quote from boothy :Just use WinMerge to compare the old and new .cfg files? That's what I do with the new Aonio/Airio installs.

I don't know how many versions old my cfg file is but it was missing 2 lines (the bolded ones) so I guess it's done its job. Thanks.

# Coordinates of viewed car on LFS map plus current track node.
# Save local car location every second to Location.txt file.
ShowLocation=no
LocationX=136
LocationY=185
SaveLocation=no
Yup, these two lines are in fact the only addition now. One is just a comment, the other creates a file with car location (X, Y, Z) and a movement angle. Basically, I created this only for easier path file creation for custom tracks, so you can as well ignore these lines. Path files creation is still a highly manual process, for which I'm using a custom-build application, but with this feature I was able to about halve the time needed, so it helped me.
Updated to latest version,today first used it,already noticed one bug - time comparision stucks very often - I start a lap,everything is ok,and then in random places on track it freezes,shows the value for the rest of the lap,starting new lap it works again. It was 1st time I've driven that combo,so it shouldn't be problem with old data I guess,but still for note - I copied Aonio.sta and all PB files from previous version,could it be the problem? I wish I could give more details...

Edit: Noticed that comparision freezes always when I touch wall (was practicing in South city),but sometimes even without touching anything.
Edit2: Nop,was wrong - it doesn't always freeze when touching wall... Seems pretty random to me.
Well, it looks like the comparison data bug that I was debugging. Except for the random spots on track, because it should always stop at the same place.

If you have an old combo.pb.txt file in pbs with wrong data, then it would surely cause troubles. Try to find the pb file of your current combo, open it and see if the number of lines is about 10x the lap time in seconds. If it is much shorter, then please stop Aonio, delete the file, and try the combo again. If the problem appears again, then it would seem the comparison bug is still somehow present. In that case, when the comparison stops again, please copy the last 20 or so lines from Aonio.log.txt file and post the log here.
Well,used it yesterday at LFSCART race,race itself was so busy (had to look more at radar than any laptimes ),never really noticed the bug - when I checked few times the comparision,it worked then.
Quote from Eclipsed :... time comparision stucks very often - I start a lap,everything is ok,and then in random places on track it freezes,shows the value for the rest of the lap,starting new lap it works again ...

AWWWWW, thanks for the report, now it happened to me as well, fortunately I very soon saw what is wrong. The comparison was not stopping when you touched wall, but when anyone pitted or spectated. That is of course completely wrong. I quickly updated the software, so that now it works as it should. Please download again version 1.5.4 using link in my signature, update Aonio.exe and Aonio.pdb files.
Quote from EQ Worry :The comparison was not stopping when you touched wall, but when anyone pitted or spectated.

That's why I never noticed the problem at race - nobody was pitting or spectating (at least not so often as in practice)! Good that everything's ok now!
Another bug found, causing havoc in certain situations (when not being spectated on race end/track change), leading to many "index out of bounds" error messages. Corrected now in version 1.5.5.
Seems ver 1.5.7 has a small problem with the shiftbeep?
works fine on 1.5.1 but after updating to 1.5.7 the shift beep activates about half a second or so after the red shift light comes on the dash, only tried in FXR but it seemed to occur on open and closed config tracks...
Want to update to 1.5.7 for TS3 options to work
-
A little suggestion (Flame CZE) DELETED by Flame CZE : wrong thread
-
(Eclipsed) DELETED by Eclipsed : as you wish! :P
-
(Flame CZE) DELETED by Flame CZE : lol
EQ, You are usually very good with version numbers but now I am a bit lost. You last post talks about version 1.5.5 and yet in airio.eu the latest version is 1.5.6 BUT in your signature it says Aonio 1.5.7

Which one is the latest (1.5.7 I assume) and what are the changes between 1.5.6 and 1.5.7?
Quote from B1gch0pper :Seems ver 1.5.7 has a small problem with the shiftbeep?
works fine on 1.5.1 but after updating to 1.5.7 the shift beep activates about half a second or so after the red shift light comes on the dash, only tried in FXR but it seemed to occur on open and closed config tracks...

Does anyone happen to have a copy of version 1.5.5 that i can try please? Maybe it will be the best of both worlds and have the TS3 box working and the shift beep?
If anyone can help I would be really grateful

EDIT: Tried ver 1.5.6 i got from the Airio website and its still the same with the delayed shift beep
Quote from B1gch0pper :Seems ver 1.5.7 has a small problem with the shiftbeep? works fine on 1.5.1 but after updating to 1.5.7 the shift beep activates about half a second or so after the red shift light comes on the dash, only tried in FXR but it seemed to occur on open and closed config tracks...

Your estimate of the shift beep delay is absolutely exact, 0.5 seconds. I added it intentionally to eliminate wrong beeps, which can be really annoying and which you experience on jumpy tracks, particularly in rallycross.

Now, the question is, is that 0.5 seconds sound delay important? To me it does not seem to be the case. But if it is, the solution may be to allow to disable the delay, or define tracks where it is applied...

Concerning the version numbers, sometimes my signature and the version available at airio.eu go slightly out of synch when I forget to update one or the other. Usually, my signature contains the latest.

I am announcing new Aonio version only when they contain something substantially new. Recently, versions 1.5.5, 1.5.6, and 1.5.7 contained basically just bug fixes and minor things solving some undesired behavior (such as the beep delay), so I was not announcing them, I just changed my signature to point to the latest version...
Hi matee, good to have you back :o)

Quote from EQ Worry :Now, the question is, is that 0.5 seconds sound delay important?

Well I can only speak for myself but over the years I have really come to rely on the shift beep, and if it does not happen when it should, i.e. at the optimum point of shifting when the light appears which im so used to, then I see no reason to use it, it kinda becomes a little useless, as I have to either watch the speedo or for the shift light...
It was a toss up for me between versions 1.5.1 and 1.5.6/7, which did I want more the TS3 box to work or the shift beep, and I REALLY REALLY wanted the TS3 box to work, but I have stuck with 1.5.1 for the time being as it seems I feel something is missing without a correctly working shift beep, im so used to it now that if its not there I miss it, and the racing seems a little 'wrong'...
EQ

Thank you for the clarification about the versoin numbers.
Quote from B1gch0pper :Well I can only speak for myself...

OK When I find a little time, hopefully in a few days, I'll make it some kind of an option, so that you don't have to use an older version that almost for sure contains some bugs. (Well, I'm not saying the latest does not, but at least I removed all that were reported and that I noticed.) Myself, I use rather the engine sound to shift gears and I use the beep as an additional notification. The beep delay is good for this purpose, but I see your point.
# Complete list of cars in race with time differences and additional
# available info (car, stops, penaty).
ShowField=yes
FieldOverviewX=183
FieldOverviewY=180

Is there any way to get this panel starting at about 2800 pixels or so in the X direction (for multi-monitor users)?

The FieldOverviewX value seems to be limited to a maximum somewhere around 200 (or ~1920 pixels).
Standard positions for LFS buttons (both from server- and client-side applications) are 200x200, if I remember correctly. I really do not know whether it is possible to specify other than the main monitor, but I have my doubts...
Quote from EQ Worry :OK When I find a little time, hopefully in a few days, I'll make it some kind of an option.

Just a little bump for this update, obviously not rushing you just hoping you didnt forget about it fella
This is just awesome!! I had tried out Aonio before but didn't explore it much until today. I like the feature of storing PBs etc locally. Always wanted this when I do hotlaps.

Can you tell me what are the different columns in Times.txt? because I would like to manually add my LFSW PB (Hotlapping or online) into that file when I am hotlapping, so that it compares with my PB. The ideal thing would be someway to import LFSW PBs and/or hotlaps into that Times.txt but for now I would like to add a row to denote my PB corresponding to the current hotlapping combo into that Times.txt file.

Edit: It is ok I found out, I will just add a line like

[tab] KY1 FXR 1 1398 0 0 3971

Just playing my hotlap replay add the times into the file! awesome !
Fuel and shift beep does not seem to work for me... any suggestions?

Seems not to be reported by LFS to AONIO...

EDIT: Stupid question... UDP was wrong...
EQ:

First, congratulations, the program is very good.

Second, improvements that ocurred to me.

A panel with the best lap of the race (or in my class, for multiclass races) and the difference with my last lap would be very useful.

A configuration option to view only the cars of my own category in the panel "ShowField".

I hope they are possible to do. and you have the will/time :P

Thank you!!!
Can AONIO count how many km's I've driven in a single stint?
Aonio 1.5.8 is available with just two small improvements. One is a settable delay of the shift-up beep, the other is an option to show only cars of your own category in the field panel, as suggested.

Quote from B1gch0pper :Just a little bump for this update, obviously not rushing you just hoping you didnt forget about it fella

Sorry for extreme delay, but...

Quote from Sobis :Can AONIO count how many km's I've driven in a single stint?

At present no such panel is available, though a distance meter could be a good addition, I think.

Quote from Dr3dD :First, congratulations, the program is very good. ... A panel with the best lap of the race (or in my class, for multiclass races) and the difference with my last lap would be very useful.

Thanks! I'm not sure about such a panel. Best lap race compared to your own... Problem is also that I've basically run out of buttons.

Quote from rageshgr :This is just awesome!! I had tried out Aonio before but didn't explore it much until today. I like the feature of storing PBs etc locally.

Thanks! The data are track name, car name, laps done, average fuel, last date, split times, PB date, sector times, TB date... Something like this...
-
(MariusMM) DELETED by MariusMM : History
True, and it is a nice trick with button IDs pool and dynamic assignment. Problem is that theoretically someone indeed might want to have all the available Aonio panels/buttons displayed, and really run out of IDs...

AONIO - Client-side LFS Tracer
(350 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG