The online racing simulator
The Rfactor thread. (rF & rF2)
(431 posts, started )
http://isiforums.net/f/showthr ... &viewfull=1#post18849

Quote :1 licensed 1966 F1 car, with generic fillers.
3 tracks: Spa, Monaco, and another.

Renault Megane, Formula Renault 3.5
3 tracks (most likely), Malaysia, Portugal, Mills.

Obviously, decisions could change this, and the unannounced track and car will be announced most likely together. Although there is a nice teaser inserted into the forum header now.

Personally I don't expect miracles from the standard content cars. But with a better physics engine some of the mods can only get better.

Seems like historic formula cars are popping out everywhere though... Cars, rf2, iracing...
Quote from Hyperactive :Personally I don't expect miracles from the standard content cars. But with a better physics engine some of the mods can only get better.

Seems like historic formula cars are popping out everywhere though... Cars, rf2, iracing...

Attract and keep the ex-GPL crowd and you're onto a winner!!! A large percentage of the younger sim generation are happy with shoddy simulators like GTR/rFactor/GT5/Forza etc where eye-candy and exhaust popping has priority over physics. So developers either have to dumb-down or attract the GPL people.
If new LFS system gets ever released, it's gonna be the best simulation by every bit. But until now... This actually looks like a proper sim, or it's going that way. Not that ISI wanna-be simulation style, but actually a proper system. Me likes.
Quote from tristancliffe :Attract and keep the ex-GPL crowd and you're onto a winner!!! A large percentage of the younger sim generation are happy with shoddy simulators like GTR/rFactor/GT5/Forza etc where eye-candy and exhaust popping has priority over physics. So developers either have to dumb-down or attract the GPL people.

We're not ex-GPL people - we are GPL people! There is still an active community and plenty of leagues. Crucially, there is also somehow a very well organised mod system. With no formal basis, there are "official" 65, 66 and 69 mods, a GT mod and all sorts.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :We're not ex-GPL people - we are GPL people! There is still an active community and plenty of leagues. Crucially, there is also somehow a very well organised mod system. With no formal basis, there are "official" 65, 66 and 69 mods, a GT mod and all sorts.

Very true, I think the main thing that makes mods work in GPL is the fact that it is so difficult and time consuming to do anything, cutting out all the rubbish that gets released the moment you produce a tool to make it easy to produce half-arsed mods.
holy shit this simraceway beta is godawful
Quote from DeadWolfBones :holy shit this simraceway beta is godawful

Yeah thankfully that isn't the rF2 beta or it would be a huge joke.
Historix 1.9 looks sexy!
Do the words on that page explain why the graphics are so crap?
Quote from MAGGOT :Do the words on that page explain why the graphics are so crap?

You're on LFS forum, moaning about graphics for another game? Since when did graphics make a good sim? (obviously nobody knows how good rF2 is/will be physically).
Quote from BlueFlame :You're on LFS forum, moaning about graphics for another game? Since when did graphics make a good sim? (obviously nobody knows how good rF2 is/will be physically).

LFS may not have many bells and whistles when it comes to graphics, but it still looks good, and charming. rF2, which is supposed to have all the bells and whistles, looks like crap. All the cars look like dull plastic, the sandbags in the Monaco chicane look like brains, and the whole thing is just very dull.
Quote from MAGGOT :LFS may not have many bells and whistles when it comes to graphics, but it still looks good, and charming. rF2, which is supposed to have all the bells and whistles, looks like crap. All the cars look like dull plastic, the sandbags in the Monaco chicane look like brains, and the whole thing is just very dull.

As much as I'm an rFactor fanboi, I completely agree with this It just looks like an average mod for (almost 7 years old now) rFactor 1.
Who cares about graphics. How it drives is all that matters.

Some people. Duhh!
#69 - 5haz
"0mg the graphics r crap" is pretty much standard LFS forum response to screenshots from any other sim.
...The graphics are crap, though. And I have doubts that the physics model has improved much since the other ISI titles, if their previous rate of advance is anything to go by.

The only reason I've even looked at rF2 is for the vintage content, but I'm not holding my breath on anything amazing.
Looks like that page got taken down. lol. I guess ISI wasn't too pleased.
Haha, it was so easy to see it was some form of fake.

The Rfactor thread. (rF & rF2)
(431 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG