The online racing simulator
Snooooowww
(2156 posts, started )
Quote from KiRmelius :12C=T-shirt.

I would say 5ºC

< 0ºC is ok in a T-shirt for about 5-10 minutes
15 degrees in the UK feels much colder than 5 degrees in Sweden as I found out recently.
Quote from rich uk :15 degrees in the UK feels much colder than 5 degrees in Sweden as I found out recently.

One word, Humidity.
i must be wierd but....I think that 12c is a bit cold for a t-shirt (even if temperatures might get below-30c in winter and above +30c in summer where i live).
Can't imagine myself hanging around outside for few hours without hoodie or a jacket on my t-shirt.
Even if my room is under 18-19c i grab something warm nearby (cup of hot tea/coffee). around 22c is perfect for me.
Quote from -NightFly- :i must be wierd but....I think that 12c is a bit cold for a t-shirt (even if temperatures might get below-30c in winter and above +30c in summer where i live).
Can't imagine myself hanging around outside for few hours without hoodie or a jacket on my t-shirt.
Even if my room is under 18-19c i grab something warm nearby (cup of hot tea/coffee). around 22c is perfect for me.

I'm the same, I often wear my coat when just outside for a smoke.
Meh, it was 10c yesterday and I went out for Halloween in a t-shirt, shorts, sandals and a very obnoxious deadmau5 head. Spent 2 hours outside and was fine, but damn my fingers were stiff when i tried to play xbox afterward!

As long as you don't just stand around in the cold it really isn't all that uncomfortable.
In the forecast...

Every weather is hoodie weather for me. Unless its under -10celcius
Quote from JO53PHS :I would say 5ºC

< 0ºC is ok in a T-shirt for about 5-10 minutes

Yes but you are a tard who thinks anything above 20 degrees is "boiling hot". :P
Quote from J@tko :Yes but you are a tard who thinks anything above 20 degrees is "boiling hot". :P

But it is!
My question is, when you live with the women folk and you go somewhere in the car, when it is 5° (-15C for you folks) outside and you are wearing a coat, why does the inside of the car have to be 100 because it is cold outside?

I find this at work as well. I work in a control room which is inside the manufacturing building. It is 5° F outside, yet still 90° inside the plant with extreme humidity that comes from steam molding, and everyone wants to turn the AC off in our control room "because it is cold outside." Sure, it's cold outside, but it is over 90 with extreme humidity outside of the control room. We're not working in the 5° outside, we are working in 90° with high humidity levels.
Quote from KiRmelius :But it is!

Screw you, not because I disagree, but that I agree!

To explain, I took this chart, and took the average to see what the average temperature is. Average day time temp year-around? 81.8333F or 27.7C. Average night time temp year-around? 63.5F or 17.5C.

Quote from mrodgers :My question is, when you live with the women folk and you go somewhere in the car, when it is 5° (-15C for you folks) outside and you are wearing a coat, why does the inside of the car have to be 100 because it is cold outside?

I find this at work as well. I work in a control room which is inside the manufacturing building. It is 5° F outside, yet still 90° inside the plant with extreme humidity that comes from steam molding, and everyone wants to turn the AC off in our control room "because it is cold outside." Sure, it's cold outside, but it is over 90 with extreme humidity outside of the control room. We're not working in the 5° outside, we are working in 90° with high humidity levels.

Makes no sense. Why not make the inside about 75° like a normal "nice" environment? People go to extreme opposites when it comes to adjusting the heat. I could understand in a car and putting it hot for like 3-5 minutes just to warm up, but not in a building/house where you must remain in for several minutes/hours.
My mom tends to turn the heat on so high in the car you need to take your coat off for the ride.
Third day off of school because of the recent Halloween snowstorm. I'm finally regaining my sanity after all the fire calls on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Hopefully the school gets power soon; I'm sick of being off of school with nothing to do.
Quote from PMD9409 :Screw you, not because I disagree, but that I agree!

To explain, I took this chart, and took the average to see what the average temperature is. Average day time temp year-around? 81.8333F or 27.7C. Average night time temp year-around? 63.5F or 17.5C.

I'll very gladly swap

Quote from PMD9409 :Screw you, not because I disagree, but that I agree!

Equivalent temperatures are 13.1C and 5.6C here

Quote from J@tko :I'll very gladly swap

Goodbye!

I bet that all of you lads have their room/house temperatures above 20C and you find not so boiling afterall.
Quote from -NightFly- :I bet that all of you lads have their room/house temperatures above 20C and you find not so boiling afterall.

my room is always 14C. Now i raised it to 18, because of one little thing i need to keep warm.
Quote from Rappa Z :My mom tends to turn the heat on so high in the car you need to take your coat off for the ride.

And when you get out of the car, freeze to death?
Quote from PoVo :And when you get out of the car, freeze to death?

Well, rule number one in winter survival is don't sweat. This seems possible.

I already imagine him saying "Mother, You've killed me." And then dying. Silently.

Cool.
Quote from KiRmelius :my room is always 14C.

That's obviously not true. Unless you always wear some sort of thick hoodie or a sweater at home. It's way too cold to be comfortable for a long time with just a T-shirt and shorts (what most people wear when they're just hanging around their place).

On the other hand you could be very hairy...

Quote from PoVo :And when you get out of the car, freeze to death?

Put the coat back on?

Edit: This is so true...
http://9gag.com/gag/298011
Quote from Kalev EST :That's obviously not true. Unless you always wear some sort of thick hoodie or a sweater at home. It's way too cold to be comfortable for a long time with just a T-shirt and shorts (what most people wear when they're just hanging around their place).

On the other hand you could be very hairy...

Put the coat back on?

Edit: This is so true...
http://9gag.com/gag/298011

I wanted to send you a photo of me naked holding the thermometer, but since i need to keep my room warmer for some circumstances now, sorry this is not happening soon.
Quote from KiRmelius :I wanted to send you a photo of me naked holding the thermometer, but since i need to keep my room warmer for some circumstances now, sorry this is not happening soon.

That is most probably a good thing
For teh lulz.
Attached images
IMG_1729.JPG

Snooooowww
(2156 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG