The online racing simulator
Guessing from his past topics, he is just trolling and hoping it will give him an reaction from the devs.
Just close thread tbh, it's going to go nowhere...
Merged another thread asking about selling the new content...
Dandy Dust, I can nearly feel your disappointment, but if you think you are examining the truth, think again.

I think most of us enjoying LFS are ready to pay for more content, but perhaps you should think of it this way: I want to pay for "good" content - which is what scavier have been delivering ever since 2003. Why not let them keep this (unusual) concept and develop content at their own pace, ensuring it will be quality stuff?

When you scream for/demand this and that it only sounds childish and bad in mature ears. In a way it only emphasizes how much you love LFS and that is good. Patience is a virtue, right?
Surprised people are still bothering asking for any update, when Scawen finally comes out of his cave then we might get some news .
You are all right! I am frustrated with LFS not being developed, and yes this thread (and where it has been moved to) has nothing to do with communism.

And Yes I would like to get some statement from the devs that discloses the big picture!

"Cave! is a good word, "bunker" might be good as well!

Who is still on the Dev-Team? Are they working on LFS on a regular bases or not?

I think: the number of active players is way too little to release all that worthy content (if it exists).

They need partners to get the Public Relations done proper, it´s not so easy.

If 1000 active gamers pay, let´s say 30 Euros each for some extra content that makes 30000 Euro. That is 15000 after tax. That means 5000 Euros each,

lets be honest, that is nothing for the work involved.

LFS needs a strategic partner with resources and so on... in order to be sold to hundretsthousends of people and eventually millions!

Good PR, professional marketing, that is what our DEFS are in need of,
aren´t they?

Dandy
If so many people are complaining and moaning and bitching over slow development process then maybe there's a real problem there huh?
A team of three against big development studios. Go gifure
Nevermind though, it's their thing to go this way, but I'd say this will only push LFS deeper into the underground of really hard core sim racers and fan boys. If that's ok with the devs then it's ok with me. But LFS won't see me as often as it did when the development process was a bit "faster"
Dandy, you should stop taking numbers out of your ass and making assumptions with them.
I really don't know how did you figure 1000 (from what did you took this number?) people will buy something worth 30€ (is it S3?).

Yeah, maybe they should tell us what is going on, but on the other hand this _bullshit_ happens every so often and it's always the same answer from them.
They are all working on it and are not dead nor drinking cocktails on the beach.
If all hell breaks loose and they stop working on LFS, Scawen would tell us so as he did point out in one of his posts.

Now I'm gonna be told I'm a faboi and whatnot, so I'm gonna ignore it if you do.
Quote from Dandy Dust :You are all right! I am frustrated with LFS not being developed, and yes this thread (and where it has been moved to) has nothing to do with communism.

And Yes I would like to get some statement from the devs that discloses the big picture!

"Cave! is a good word, "bunker" might be good as well!

Who is still on the Dev-Team? Are they working on LFS on a regular bases or not?

I think: the number of active players is way too little to release all that worthy content (if it exists).

They need partners to get the Public Relations done proper, it´s not so easy.

If 1000 active gamers pay, let´s say 30 Euros each for some extra content that makes 30000 Euro. That is 15000 after tax. That means 5000 Euros each,

lets be honest, that is nothing for the work involved.

LFS needs a strategic partner with resources and so on... in order to be sold to hundretsthousends of people and eventually millions!

Good PR, professional marketing, that is what our DEFS are in need of,
aren´t they?

Dandy

What bs are you on about?

Firstly, 24 pounds is roughly 28 euros, secondly, taxes vary a lot in different countries and thirdly, I doubt very much people are going to pay 28 euros for a track and a car that hasn't even been announced yet. This might happen in the future, far far away, when they'll have any new content to show off. By my calculations, this could take 20 years.

I'm sure they've earned far more ever since the project started, but quite honestly, those numbers will stay within the trio and it's none of our nor the community's business. No point in whining over poor advertising of LFS - if you feel like they haven't done their job, pull your head out of your arse and do it yourself.

We pray for hope... Damn...
Anyone that has spent any amount of time reading these retarded threads should know that Dandy loves posting retarded shit in these retarded threads.

When I say retarded, I mean retarded like Eric's progress on the S3 content mentioned in that post on lfs.net from Thu, Dec 24th, 2010 14:00 or maybe retarded like the physics patch development mentioned on Fri, Aug 21st, 2009 20:30 six months after a postponement.

To reiterate and summarize: These threads are retarded.

I think I have a problem
Well at this stage i don't even know if it even worth's caring about lfs development...Yes i would say the usual we all would not be here if we did not care about lfs in the first place...but what the hell happened ? Up to 2005 with s2 we had seen incredible progress in a few years and since then with the exception of a couple of patches the game is in limbo mode.Even if the devs did not had the resources,money or simply will to continue their project full steam ahead they could easily improve what there is already there by using the incredible talent of many lfs users out there.If you check the lfsmods website there are some incredible models for many cars.If as i said many many times before,If a sort of contest was made with the best models chosen to be incorporated to the main game a lot of people would try making a high quality model.To a larger extend contest for track making or converting could also be made with the best track(s) been incorporated to the main game or as extra downloads in the main page.But they refused the idea countless of times and most people simply moved on.Netcar Pro is still in life support mode only and only because some fantastic tracks were converted from rfactor to netkar.Rfactor as inferior as it is on realism it has a massive range of triple-A tracks and cars,granted you spend a couple of hours to seperate the diamond content from potato level content...
Maybe with a insanely massive update that will update the engine to full dx9 level with pixel shaders and hdr lighting,weather effects and a full remake of existing content and the addition of a dozen new tracks and cars Lfs can be reborn...but i found this nothing more than wishful thinking ,regarding the status of development we had from Scawen ,were he said he is finishing the new tire model but...that's all there is at the time...
Quote from justasimfan :Even if the devs did not had the resources,money or simply will to continue their project full steam ahead they could easily improve what there is already there by using...

...but they do have the will, as Scawen stated before. And presumably the resources aswell, as i assume they wouldn't (couldn't ?) be working on the sim.

Quote from justasimfan :...but what the hell happened ? Up to 2005 with s2 we had seen incredible progress in a few years and since then with the exception of a couple of patches the game is in limbo mode.

the tire physics happened. And instead of being thankful something so crucial for a sim getting updated, you keep whining it's not yet here. Not considering it is only one guy working on it, and that he has to look by himself deep into tire physics in general, and whatnot. Instead, you keep crying lfs is dead
Still
@Blackeye: Well, these assumtions might be wrong by a factor of 10.

Coming up with those ideas still deploys the same kind of impression:

LFS needs better distribution and public relation.

Wheater it is 12 Euros or 42 Euros, wheater it is LFS S2 + new content or LFS S3,

wheater it is 1000 or 7000 active gamers at the moment.

It should be 500000 new players to stay up with big developers

and CUSTOMERS from the industry (VW or whosoever...)

This can be communicated to the DEVs of LFS:

You guys lack communication with Your customers!

Some truth would probably (even if there was reason for some exitement)

bring those voices to a hold, that are shooting wild on the forums about

disappoinments etc., just like me...

(Even: Guys, we are ajusting our stategie according to the development of concurrence products, so we have to keep our cards hidden...would be more communication than what is (not) taking place for quied a while now)

Greeting, Dandy
11.5 years of LFS racing online.

There are some ups and downs, and funny enough, the demo racers seem to increase in number - a source for potential licensed drivers. Today's number of fully licensed racers are not far away from the peak a couple of years ago. Yes, they (the devs) could do with more PR, but they have chosen to let the product speak for itself. It worked for me and 1000's of others. There might be many reasons for a dev team to keep a lower profile. LFS is still an outstanding piece of art and I love it. Now back to the track...
that's pretty cool to see those.

I wonder what that is going on with demo hosts, that seems wrong where it just flattens out? It's like possibly when the XRT was switched over to FBM, but the sharp increase kinda throws the balance off.

pretty interesting things though
I remember that victor was adjusting those graphs a couple of times in the past, because it had showed incorrect values.
I stretched/squished the graphs to get them to the same scale, not sure where the 'highest' values come from, unless they are random busy days that don't show on the graphs.

S2 Demo - Increase in demo racers and hosts...obvious really.
Patch Y - XRT removed from demo, demo hosts decrease.
Patch Z - Any host running demo content only listed as demo, demo hosts increase.
Patch 0.6B - Temporary increase in demo servers, possibly over test patch period. Increase in licensed servers possibly due to open layouts.

Any other ideas ?
Attached images
LFS_stats2.png
What you say in relation to the big shifts/events in the curves may be close to the truth or at least have something to do with it. If the time for the changes/patches are correct (I assume so).
Will be interesting to watch that curve take off as the tyre-physics patch is released, with or without Rockingham and Scirocco .
Thanx for those graphs!

Are they expressing something that would be FAR away from my assuptions.

Dandy
Speculation
Just to fan the flames of speculation.

Victor was online in a Private server for a few hours over the weekend.
Quote from scawen_ :testing for final s3 release ( in brazil )

Hi developers!1!11!11111111//?!?/1

No.
Just casual private races, nothing more...
Quote from scawen_ :testing for final s3 release ( in brazil )

lol

...and we can't have a little preview?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG