The online racing simulator
BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
I've only seen bose's videos but the SP looks better than black ops, I don't know how MW3 will turn out. I never really understood battlefield MP, so I'll probably get both games.
Having played MP a tad today, I have to say it's fun. Weapons feel nice and do enough damage to down an enemy with 2-3 hits or a headshot.
What I like:
Relatively slow runs peed, yet still the game is quickly paced
Difficult to spot enemies, even with the spotting feature.
All weapons have it's use and there hasn't been a single one I felt outgunned with. Even the sidearms are dangerous.

But it's also slightly frustrating: the game crashed while I was top dog on the leaderboard on a lengthy SeineCrossing session, losing me about 9000 experience points.

And here's my Profile, if anyone want's to join in:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/coleusrattus/
Impressions so far:

****ing awesome game, but the server browser SUCKS.
so not everyone is camping with a sniper rifle?
There may be hope yet although I'm getting it for xbox.
I just bought it on DVD, but can't activate. A lot of people having the same problem.

Sometimes I think the universe just doesn't want me to play games anymore.
Quote from Electrik Kar :I just bought it on DVD, but can't activate. A lot of people having the same problem.

Sometimes I think the universe just doesn't want me to play games anymore.

origin is down atm...

the game itself is awesome but it has way to much going on (software wise)

Bf3 eats lots of ram... nothing wrong with that
+ firefox but that also eats lots of ram (and i cant close it since i always loose connection to the server)
+ punkbuster loves to make trouble
+ need to have origin on all the time

also i don't understand getting into a server.. first it says joining server.. nothing wrong with that, initialising... cool bf shows up, logging in wtf i am logged in into origin, battlelog, wth are you logging in to, conecting.... wth you already joined the server, loading level... finaly, getting in the game, looking at the loading screen... SRSLY... wthy did you do the last minute

it really takes a loooong time for me to get into a server
Quote from John5200 :

it really takes a loooong time for me to get into a server

Takes longer than in beta? I got into the game faster than in bc2 in bf3 beta.
haven't got the game yet...waiting for the payday
preordered 2 LTE copies got 20 bucks off. Now they cancelled our order and want to charge us the normal price which is 40 bucks more.... AGH
Quote from -NightFly- :Takes longer than in beta? I got into the game faster than in bc2 in bf3 beta.
haven't got the game yet...waiting for the payday

yes but...
Quote : We´re seeing that a lot of users are experiencing issues with activating their product keys in Origin at the moment.
Of course, we are on top of this and have our teams work hard to track and fix the issue as soon as possible.

For users who don´t need to activate any codes but are still playing, the game might start a bit slower than usual.

origin... gotta love it....
why im a loosing connection to every server in 2 minutes? its so awesome tho,even in those 2 minutes i can tell
Quote from Mustangman759 :preordered 2 LTE copies got 20 bucks off. Now they cancelled our order and want to charge us the normal price which is 40 bucks more.... AGH

WTH! Tell them to GTFO and take your money else where.

I have a LTE copy coming, but i dont expect to see it for another week. Stupid online retailer and posting by SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL mail
Meh, still no review copy... I guess I'll just order the LE somewhere from the internets...
Do you really have to install it through the origin crap?
ya
Awsome...

I don't get it, i have 2 dvd's and still it needs to download it? .....
Quote from AstroBoy :WTH! Tell them to GTFO and take your money else where.

I have a LTE copy coming, but i dont expect to see it for another week. Stupid online retailer and posting by SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL mail

the company gave us money off so we can buy the content that came with LTE in 1st place. they took like 40 bucks off total
it downloads the game off the DVD
Quote from Scrabby :Awsome...

I don't get it, i have 2 dvd's and still it needs to download it? .....

nah its just says like that,watch it will says dowloaded 0 kb/15 gig or what. u still need to put ur dvds in
Pfff, all these download/install managers nowadays... What wrong with normal install wizard.. I guess money involved stuff..
Piracy.
Lol, even then there will be cracks.
Nah they scan your harddrives, so "they can offer you a greater service".

Found this on a german forum, which shows origin going through a folder of somebody's tax declaration.

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/2691/fglehhsj_jpg.htm

So i got that program aswell and had a look what it does in 30seconds.
It systematically went half way through my first drive.

Take a look yourself : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645

Might return the game along with a stool sample, thought they might want that too.
Thanks for sharing. Origin was just browsing through everything here on my Program Files folders etc... It also suddenly knows I have BC2 installed and it displays it in my list.
To answer my own question: no, there's no LAN.

But there is a self-driving car:
hmm yesterday the game ran fine, now updated the nvidia drivers because it enhances BF3 gameplay and it runs like crap
#800 - Uke
Quote from pipa :Nah they scan your harddrives, so "they can offer you a greater service".

Found this on a german forum, which shows origin going through a folder of somebody's tax declaration.

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/2691/fglehhsj_jpg.htm

So i got that program aswell and had a look what it does in 30seconds.
It systematically went half way through my first drive.

Take a look yourself : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645

Might return the game along with a stool sample, thought they might want that too.

It doesn't actually read the files or use them for anything, it searches trough program files, xfire and steam for games.

BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG