The online racing simulator
Forza Motorsport 4
(463 posts, started )
Attached images
007.jpg
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :This is my favourite car at the moment, whenever I accelerate I need to change my underwear.

LFS is not a screenshot generator but hell, when it looks this sexy, it would be nice
Sorry that isn't sexy that's just cartoonish Forza just can't get their colors to look right, i'm loving a lot of things about it but it doesn't look real at all.
they still need a pc version.
would buy instantly.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Sorry that isn't sexy that's just cartoonish Forza just can't get their colors to look right, i'm loving a lot of things about it but it doesn't look real at all.

Forza 4 has improved, but Still, the color palate and lighting of gt5 is king right now on consoles and pc imo.
I put my Lotus Elan F class and Datsun 510 B class in the club cars.

Both are very competitive, the datsun is a bit tricky to drive but dominates on tight tracks.
I put some D350 cars in the club garage as well. The saleen kills anything on fast tracks and the saab is kind of medium car for places where you need both speed and cornering. I've seen lot of fast Boras online too so put one in the garage as well plus one pt cruiser for the lulz.
Am I the only one getting black boxes for half the garage cars?
I think this thread should be full of pictures and skins
XRT!!!!!!!!!

Wish it looked that good.
So, has anyone else encountered the reatarded muscle car glitch?

If you buy a Dodge Dart and put a Viper engine in it (which is infinetly better) it gains 100 HP and loses more than 100 PI. Then you can add other upgrades to bring the cars PI back up, giving you Darts that are really S, R3, and R2 class cars racing in E through B class. To make matters worse, it works with a whole host of muscle cars, they just need a donor from the same manufacturer.

This really pisses me off, my B-Class Lotus Elise (which is legal!) is deadly fast but there's no way it can keep up with cars that are doing 60 mph more on the straights. I won 5 of my first 8 races in it but now I'm always just first among the non-muscle cars.
that explains why there are muscle cars everywhere in rivals mode then.
whats new since forza 2? The bigger problem is that most of the people driving these 1000 hp muscle cars can't actually control them and crash everyone off the road. Actually that happens in every race regardless of what car they drive.
Quote from Rappa Z :So, has anyone else encountered the reatarded muscle car glitch?

If you buy a Dodge Dart and put a Viper engine in it (which is infinetly better) it gains 100 HP and loses more than 100 PI. Then you can add other upgrades to bring the cars PI back up, giving you Darts that are really S, R3, and R2 class cars racing in E through B class. To make matters worse, it works with a whole host of muscle cars, they just need a donor from the same manufacturer.

This really pisses me off, my B-Class Lotus Elise (which is legal!) is deadly fast but there's no way it can keep up with cars that are doing 60 mph more on the straights. I won 5 of my first 8 races in it but now I'm always just first among the non-muscle cars.

That explains why every time I do a killer lap time iny my Datsun the Dodge Darts are 15 seconds faster

Quote from flymike91 :whats new since forza 2? The bigger problem is that most of the people driving these 1000 hp muscle cars can't actually control them and crash everyone off the road. Actually that happens in every race regardless of what car they drive.

I know, it's amazing how crap a majority of the players actually are. absolutly no respect shown between drivers, i guess that's what you can expect from a console racer though, espicially one on Xbox.
Well if people want proper races, hopefully my club can provide that, once I get the cars I want I will open it up to invites. Basically drifting is banned, if I see a drift car go anywhere near the club garage it will be removed. Although I discovered in FM3 that the LFS community on there were all about drifting, hardly anyone would have a proper race on a decent track, so you guys probably won't be interested.
Quote from FPVaaron :Am I the only one getting black boxes for half the garage cars?

All my shared cars show as black boxes plus that one someone else has shared. No idea what's causing it. I even tried re-sharing one of the cars but it made no difference. The cars seem to work ok though, just no pictures...
I have a question about skinning if anyone is into that. I want to recreate some of my LFS skins in FM4 and sell them on my SF. Is it true that you can't sell a skin that has logos purchased from someone else? Does that mean every skinner makes all their own decals? That seems inefficient. It won't even let me share a car with purchased decals. If someone can explain the process I'd be grateful.
Quote from flymike91 :I have a question about skinning if anyone is into that. I want to recreate some of my LFS skins in FM4 and sell them on my SF. Is it true that you can't sell a skin that has logos purchased from someone else? Does that mean every skinner makes all their own decals? That seems inefficient. It won't even let me share a car with purchased decals. If someone can explain the process I'd be grateful.

I think the only way you can do it is if you send the car to someone who has made the logos you're after, have them apply them and then they send it back. I maybe wrong but I think thats what I read somewhere for Forza 3.

Failing that, have some patience and recreate the logos yourself.
I'm a bit miffed. I spent over 2 hours trying to beat a guy in rivals mode who had a 200k bounty. Eventually I beat his time, and went to the credits screen. However, I only received 3,548 credits...I then tried another rivals match. I got 51 credits instead of 10,000.

I've also noticed that when viewing an event in the world tour, instead of saying mystery bonus/affinity bonus in the lower right corner, it just throws up a load of symbols. Even if I win the event, i barely win any credits.

Whats going on!!
Rivals seems to be working for me. Just beat Greboth's Tsukuba drift thing (badly) and got 100k.
On the muscle car issue:

Apprentely, this is not a glitch, but a bug with the game's PI calculator. The stock transmission must be equipped to the car so that when the Viper engine goes in the game believes the car is crap because the stock transmission tops out well before the Viper engine should. Sure you're on the limiter for 6-10 seconds on straights, but when no one is even close to that it doesn't really matter.
What is everyones fastest time on the Senna NSX challenge? Think I'm around 200 on the leaderboard but can shave about a second or two off my lap yet

DomGTR is my tag if anyone wants to add me
Quote from R34GTR :What is everyones fastest time on the Senna NSX challenge? Think I'm around 200 on the leaderboard but can shave about a second or two off my lap yet

DomGTR is my tag if anyone wants to add me

88th, at least 2 second to shave off.
Quote from Rappa Z :On the muscle car issue:

Apprentely, this is not a glitch, but a bug with the game's PI calculator. The stock transmission must be equipped to the car so that when the Viper engine goes in the game believes the car is crap because the stock transmission tops out well before the Viper engine should. Sure you're on the limiter for 6-10 seconds on straights, but when no one is even close to that it doesn't really matter.

Typical microsoft making only the cars you must purchase 10 times better than any free ones.

Forza Motorsport 4
(463 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG