Quote from Matrixi :1. Dig 360 out from storage room to try FM4

2. Turn console on, update everything

3. Find out FM4 demo is only for gold members

4. Receive RROD when starting FM3

5. Check warranty, expired month ago

:doh:
Ouch.
I just tried it, looks great but gameplay is just like FM3, meh
The driving model feels just as solid as FM3 did, but from the little I've driven in FM4 it feels like there's a little less grip on the tyre model - which I expect is a bit more realistic. I didn't try it with any driving aids on though.

The only disappointment I had with #3 was that it felt like a real chore to complete all of the events, especially when (like me) you don't like racing the R1 and R2 cars. If I could've done my entire career without going above R3 I'd have been happy.
Good thing the career is optional, had a bit of FM3 online revival with my friends lately and it was huge fun. In FM4 when you do rival mode or hotlaps etc it will still give you credits, so the need to do the career mode is even less.
Downloading.

Rant coming soon
Quote from Matrixi :1. Dig 360 out from storage room to try FM4

2. Turn console on, update everything

3. Find out FM4 demo is only for gold members

4. Receive RROD when starting FM3

5. Check warranty, expired month ago

360s hates fm3
back in 2010
1. preorder FM3
2. wait for it for 2 weeks
3. gets delivered, play for 1h
4. RROD, ofc no warranty left either
T_T
M$ actually took mine in for replacement/repair couple days ago. Receipt only had 2 years warranty but microshaft have extended 3 year RROD warranty since then.
my sexbox is from 2007 iirc
T_T

or early 2008
i dont remember
i just remember for certain that the warranty ist kaputt
To bad I don't have a wheel which Microsoft will let me use I'm not going to buy a whole new wheel for just 1 game.
Since that is just stupid.
I think Turn 10 finally produced a game on GT's level.
Is there any way to make a DFGT run properly on a 360 without that box thing SRT tested a while ago?
I was wondering if anybody will be setting up a LFS club on forza 4???
if not i would be more than happy to do it.

I will be getting the game on the 11th at 10am, so i should have
alot of choice for the name: any suggestions??
Quote from simulation :I was wondering if anybody will be setting up a LFS club on forza 4???
if not i would be more than happy to do it.

I will be getting the game on the 11th at 10am, so i should have
alot of choice for the name: any suggestions??

Do it

As for name, why not LiveForSpeed?
Tried the demo two days ago (pre-ordered the game a few weeks ago).

Everything looks and feels very nice in my opinion. The cars have a good feeling of weight to them and the cockpit view doesn't feel as "dead" as before. There's some shaking and so on... good sense of speed, etc. At first it really felt like an awesome improvement over FM3.

But the steering correction, whatever it is exactly... i hope they'll fix this, but i wouldn't get my hopes up about it... most likely we'll just have to live with it again...

There's auto counter steer, but this time around it's somehow more annoying... not sure what it is exactly, but in FM3 i never had a problem to keep the cars on the road even with the "hidden" steering aid. In the Forza 4 demo, i often get some very nasty snap back oversteer effect when trying to drive the cars sideways. Never had this problem in LFS, Enthusia, GT, FM 1-3, etc... but in this demo it's terrible.

Meh, it'll be fun for racing anyway... still quite disappointed about this however, especially after they said it wouldn't be there anymore (steering assist) in simulation mode.
Apparently fanatec is working with T10 to fix it. And tbh I really do not see the point of getting fm4 unless they fix that. The countersteering aid (or over correction assistant :razz is just super annoying. Plus the steering is just as vague and muted as in fm3. Very hard to get the feeling of the car. Plus most of the physics quirks are still there. Like going into turns and shifting down always gets you understeer.

It even has the same steering damper that makes it feel like there is some kind of maximum steering speed. Like in fm3 you could clearly feel it when driving through the last chicane on catalunyia. Going from left to right there is that steering lag kind of thing and it is in fm4 too. I'm not too impressed with the physics but all they really need to do is fix the steering and I'd buy it. It looks much better game than gt5 but one single thing breaks it for me atm...
Anyone here tried the Kinect option on the Demo? What is it like? :d
The steering actually feels pretty good with fanatec good with this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCKeQVEXW7c

I use 200 instead of 250 and it feels really surprisingly nice imho! A bit disappointed with the physics but at least steering is kind of good. I'm having really hard time trying to not buy this!

Did even some hotlapping in the zonda but my best is only like 1:40.5. The car seems to turn better into the turns with higher gears...

My nick in Live is FinerElf64. Feel free to add me so we can check the rivals mode!
preorder the LCE and it's coming next morning, can't flipping wait.
why oh why can't console game producers give customers actual settings to use! How does it hurt their bottom line if some crazy gamer wants the steering to be completely linear with the analogue stick?

"They're gonna turn too fast!"
I actually found simulation steering quite pleasant to use

Especially compared to FM3's does-whatever-it-wants autosteer. Sure, it's still speed sensitive and a bit quirky on countersteering, but tbh I don't think you'd really be able to control the car if you'd always had the full wheel rotation mapped to the tiny analogue stick.

E: Current Zonda PB: 1:41.828, no controller aids apart from auto-clutch
Had a blast on this at a friends house. REALLY impressed.

GT5 killer fo' sho'.

*runs*

Forza Motorsport 4
(463 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG