The online racing simulator
Did you guys played his Mäkiauto mod? it's quite original and worth a try.
On my side I would prefer the laser scanned tracks from FVA rather than the Ferrari
Deffo! I would pay for the tracks but I doubt they will be officially released due to licensing issues.
Tried NKP since a very long time.. however the latest patch broke the Abarth/1600/1800 for me, anyone else here have the same issue? Any way to fix it? Only thing kunos says is "problem can't be reproduced" while a lot of people seem to be suffering with the same bug around the web.

Very typical of this title and its developer, sad to say.
Try to delete your entire user/mydocuments/netKar Pro folder while keeping your drivers and licences folder, then make a new and clean install. The new version conflicts with the old setups stored in the mydocuments/netKar Pro folder. Hope it helps Matrixi
Quote from Matrixi :Tried NKP since a very long time.. however the latest patch broke the Abarth/1600/1800 for me, anyone else here have the same issue? Any way to fix it? Only thing kunos says is "problem can't be reproduced" while a lot of people seem to be suffering with the same bug around the web.

Very typical of this title and its developer, sad to say.

Try to delete "...\My Documents\netKar PRO\cfg\options.ini" file or the last string there "REPLAYMIN=...".

No need to delete the whole nKP folder if you have clean install already.
Quote from lvlo :Try to delete "...\My Documents\netKar PRO\cfg\options.ini" file or the last string there "REPLAYMIN=...".

No need to delete the whole nKP folder if you have clean install already.

That did the trick! Thank you.
I tried it out and had a ball with the F1600! Now I tried it today and the game's got a huge glitch: it's as if the car had crashed into an old LFS barrier, and all I see is stuff flickering and the FFB going mad.
Never had this happen in the older versions
Then only clean install.
Quote from lvlo :Then only clean install.

Uninstalled and reinstalled, didn't work either.
You should delete "...\My Documents\netKar PRO" folder too. If this will not help - I'm out of ideas.
Quote from lvlo :You should delete "...\My Documents\netKar PRO" folder too. If this will not help - I'm out of ideas.

It worked! And then when I started it up again the glitch appeared...again.
Did you change anything in settings -> simulation?
Quote from lvlo :Did you change anything in settings -> simulation?

I only unchecked the engine and systems box, but the game was already glitchy before I made the change. Although I did change video settings, default resolution was 1024x768@60Hz and I changed it to 1440x900@75Hz.
This issue appears only when you chanhge something in "settings -> simulation". All other settings don't have (at least this one) negative effects.

So you need to delete "...\My Documents\netKar PRO\cfg\options.ini" file again or open it in Notepad and delete the very last string "REPLAYMIN=15" (number may be different) as I said before.

In last case you will not able to record replays, but game should work
Quote from lvlo :This issue appears only when you chanhge something in "settings -> simulation". All other settings don't have (at least this one) negative effects.

So you need to delete "...\My Documents\netKar PRO\cfg\options.ini" file again or open it in Notepad and delete the very last string "REPLAYMIN=15" (number may be different) as I said before.

In last case you will not able to record replays, but game should work

I think then that the only way to solve it is to delete the whole folder, really.
The bummer is that I'd have to set the controls, video and player settings time and time again everytime I decide to play the game.
This is weird. I hope Kunos will fix it soon.
Quote from Senninha25 :I think then that the only way to solve it is to delete the whole folder, really.
The bummer is that I'd have to set the controls, video and player settings time and time again everytime I decide to play the game.

By the way, where do you have netKar PRO installed? I would like to see the full path like "C:\Program Files\...", because this may be the root of the problem.
Quote from lvlo :You should delete "...\My Documents\netKar PRO" folder too. If this will not help - I'm out of ideas.

This worked! Now I can try the other cars!

And... It seems I got what I asked for...
Quote from Mattesa :Tried the Osella for the first time. Wow. I can't help but feel that this is the way the FF1600 and FF1800 should drive as well. That is... light, low inertia, oversteering any time that you're not keep the rear planted with the throttle.

I can't try the FF's since they're not working for me, but hopefully they've changed to be more like the Osella.

The FF now loves to get sideways and all slidey. But it's extremely easy to slide, hold, recover. Gotta go do more laps.

All in all vast, vast, vast improvement over the last version in the area of eliminating of understeer from the cars.
Tried to download that soapbox car, everytime i tried to extract a file from the 7s there was some error. Downloaded it twice and still the same problem.
Quote from BlueFlame :Tried to download that soapbox car, everytime i tried to extract a file from the 7s there was some error. Downloaded it twice and still the same problem.

Try upgrading 7zip. (not sure in this case, but it soulds like that problem)
Had my first online race yesterday. Couple of thoughts for other peeps planning to jump into NKPro.

The online experience is very spartan compared to LFS. Netcode felt at a times very inconsistent with laggy, disappearing and reappearing cars and blue boxes with car shadows underneath. LFS netcode looks and feels much more smoother overall.

The opponents seemed to be aware of their surroundings and overall the racing was good with smaller grids.

Me likes the car selection too.
If you join mid-session, the other cars are blue wireframe boxes.
It sorts itself out at next session start.
Quote from Bean0 :If you join mid-session, the other cars are blue wireframe boxes.
It sorts itself out at next session start.

Not really true, it sometimes sorts itself out, as soon you become stationary. May it because of a spin or because you go to the pits

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG