The online racing simulator
Quote from lamerr :great stuff today, apart from the whole michael you cant defend yourself, the fia will punish you bs(thats my interpretation). I saw nothing wrong with his defensive driving. It was hard, it was fair and most importantly, it was class.

Seen lewis do far worse defensive driving at monza, some years back. I recall him driving someone halfway off the track defending his position.

Schumacher deserves a proper car, im sure he can beat these young kids during raceday..

+1
Honestly, who the hell is, "whining" ?
Oh... Yeah, I stopped listening to him a long time ago...
#80 - CSF
Quote from CSF :I think British people are all too often unwilling to criticize their own, see the unwillingness to believe that Silverstone 1995 was all Damon Hill's fault, and a journalist ending up giving Schumacher a smack on the mouth with his mic when he didn't like what he was saying about Hill's driving.

If you think it was well over, then you are the problem with Formula One today, and you are the reason we now have a silly over the top rear wings that allow cars to blast through with no skill involved at all. The defensive driving and placing of the car in such a way so that Lewis had little chance to pass Schumacher was something that the drivers in 2011 lack. Even Lewis. Now I do love watching Lewis drive at his very best, but today he fell hook line and sinker for every small bit of defending Michael did. Button on the other hand went creative straight away and passed Michael, where as Lewis never once really seemed like he was going to get past.

If everyone drove like Schumacher, nobody would be able to make a pass without crashing out. It's stupid to defend so heavily, all you do is back you and the guy behind into whoever is behind THEM. Smart thing to do is accept defeat after a few defensive moves if you can't pull away from them, let them past and try to stick with them, maybe overtake them again later on. When you let someone pass you and give enough room, you are saving yourself the pain of someone coming out of the pits infront of you.
#82 - pipa
Quote from BlueFlame :It's stupid to defend so heavily, all you do is back you and the guy behind into whoever is behind THEM.

Hmm did i watch a different race then you did? I certainly didn't see Massa infront of MSC when the flag dropped, but of course all the engineers are stupid morons and you know much better.
Quote from pipa :Hmm did i watch a different race then you did? I certainly didn't see Massa infront of MSC when the flag dropped, but of course all the engineers are stupid morons and you know much better.

Schumacher used up his tyres because he was defending too much, he might have kept third otherwise. Also Massa was 5th cos he recovered from a spin (Webber incident) so in THIS instance, it didn't cost Schumacher too much, but it doesn't matter what situation he's in, Schumacher always pulls that shit, cos when someone is faster than him he turns into a prick and either rams them, or defends stupidly. If it was another driver, he would have gotten a penalty. Also, if Schumacher had've defended like that towards someone else, there could of been a crash, say, Buemi, or Sutil for instance.
#84 - CSF
You clearly don't watch F1, or at least don't pay attention. The Mercedes cars have had problems with tyre wear all season. It had nothing to do with defending. And if he hadn't have defended he wouldn't have held onto 3rd as the others would have passed him.... so er um... do you actually have a point do you just like reading your own posts? Wait actually I think I know the answer.
Schumi definitely took the defending rule to its limits. Going into ascari he was maybe over that limit but that depends if you count that small kink in the staight as a turn or not. One move per straight and is it two straightaway and a kink or just long straight...?

How about the massa/webber incident? To me it looks like a racing incident.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAxvwYQuUqM

Feeling bad for rosberg though. Would have been nice to see how fast the merc could have really gone
#86 - pipa
Quote from BlueFlame :Schumacher always pulls that shit

Oh deary me a racing driver fighting for a position now there is something we need to stop. Yes it was only a matter of time till lewis would have gone past, but he had no pressure from behind so it was well worth a try.

All moves from him were fair enough for me, one block then lining up for the next corner, all well within the fia rules. So i hardly see a problem just a very good show.

Would you call senna a prick too? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQUcHDn4-uk
after watching the f1 forum, i've come to realise that Eddie Jordan walks as if he's laying a gorrilas finger (taking a shit).
Good spirit from LH. Glad that he kept his cool battling with MSC, made the race worthwhile to watch. Yes Schumi was abit agressive with the blocking but Lewis took it well, and damn thats just racing. Still wished Hamo had caught the restart properly though, and maybe give Vettel some trouble

I was looking forward to see Rosberg out there too in the Merc but bad luck for him
Fanboys should be proud of him after this race..I expected him to divebomb & crash into MS' sidepod after a handful of laps stuck behind. He kinda kept his cool...good job IMO. But then... maybe it's just that Michael was so good that he somehow always ended up on the inside whenever Lewis had a run.... Its hard to ram someone from the outside.

DRS screwed things up at Monza...DF and gearing compromises were all over the place. I'm surprised how the "optimum" solutions ended up being so far from each other.
Quote from PhilS13 :

DRS screwed things up at Monza...DF and gearing compromises were all over the place. I'm surprised how the "optimum" solutions ended up being so far from each other.

The differences made the race fun though, what with the Mercedes being so much faster on the long straights than the Mclaren, so it was extremely difficult to pass. Schumacher's defending was picture perfect, with the exception of that one move, which I thought crossed the line by a little bit. Still, excellent battle.
It was fun to watch, but MSC could have caused an accident like the one Hamilton caused at Spa. I like the bbc commentary because Brundle always picks up on this kind of thing. The move back to the outside is so dangerous. If LH had attacked the outside line under braking they could quite easily have collided as MSC made his second move, and no question who would be at fault.
Yes, MSC would have been at fault, but they didn't collide. Sure it was hard, but this isn't a crèche. Just Schumi is better at defending than Hamilton is at passing.

Lewis's post race interview was funny. He was clearly upset, but the grown ups had told him to play nicely...
I liked the battle to be honest, a few moves where questionable but not penalty worthy, some of the best defensive driving seen in a long time TBH.
Quote from tristancliffe :Yes, MSC would have been at fault, but they didn't collide. Sure it was hard, but this isn't a crèche. Just Schumi is better at defending than Hamilton is at passing.

Lewis's post race interview was funny. He was clearly upset, but the grown ups had told him to play nicely...

I wouldn't have penalised him either, but if he'd done it another time, I would have.

It's one of those things where the car behind will typically let you get away with it, because if they don't they're ending their race as well as yours. That is why the officials have to intervene, and I'm sure they would have, Brawn knew it was coming.
Quote from tristancliffe :Lewis's post race interview was funny. He was clearly upset, but the grown ups had told him to play nicely...

Also BUT just breezed passed both of them in the same lap once he caught up. That must've of stung.

Pity the director didn't focus a bit on what was going on in the midfield chaos, I kept seeing several cars within 0.5sec of each other.
Quote from xaotik :Also BUT just breezed passed both of them in the same lap once he caught up. That must've of stung.

Pity the director didn't focus a bit on what was going on in the midfield chaos, I kept seeing several cars within 0.5sec of each other.

That's the first time Jenson has done it to Lewis, how many times in 2 years has Lewis gone past Jenson like he's stood still? Any battle they've had Lewis has always come out on top.

Was a brave move by Jenson and i'd like to see him drive like that more often, can't help but feel Schumacher made a mistake because one minute he passed Lewis then in the braking zone at the next corner he's infront of Micheal???
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :That's the first time Jenson has done it to Lewis, how many times in 2 years has Lewis gone past Jenson like he's stood still? Any battle they've had Lewis has always come out on top.

you didn't see the Canadian GP then ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whqY8vpZs8o ). Jenson took advantage of both Hamiltons and MSCs car being slower out of the previous corner. even one of the lotus' would have been successful in that situation.
Can't remember it his pass tbh and that video doesn't highlight anything?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Can't remember it his pass tbh and that video doesn't highlight anything?

It highlights that on this occasion, Hamilton literally came out on top (of buttons car). He went for an ever closing gap and wrote his car off. it was the end of his race.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG