The online racing simulator
Quote :A level below in GP3 Valtteri Bottas - best known for being Williams' test driver and looking like a giant baby dressed in racing overalls - went to the top of the standings with a win in the feature race and second in the sprint. Erstwhile points leader Alexander Sims failed to score in Hungary, being disqualified from the feature for ride height irregularities and then taking ninth on Sunday.

From http://badgergp.com/2011/08/the-weekends-racing-digest/
He be full of win again!
Too bad he had issues today, he was on P5 or P6 when he slowed down. Finished 19th.
1 event to go, 5 points margin over Calado. 20 points still up to grabs.

The scary part: the finale will be at Monza, which usually provides some of the closest and messiest races in Euopean single seater racing.

At least Bottas has much more experience with this kind of pressure than Calado, that'll be a big advantage.
Quote from JPeace :Calado will be doing GP2 next year regardless, he has no pressure

I didn't know, thanks for the info.

Where will he be, replacing Bianchi at ART maybe?
Bottas is the champion in GP3!

He'll be the next Finnish F1 driver for sure. He said after the victory that he'd like to drive F1 next year and that he thinks he's ready for it but I seriously hope Häkkinen (who is his manager btw) can talk him around and get him to a good team in GP2 to gather experience and after one season there get a good place in F1 for 2013.
Fiendishly dominated the end of the season.

Congrats Vale!
I doubt he will in F1 next week. He is more likely to be in GP2 next year. There are a lot more F1 drivers right now than actual seats.
congrats
Congratulations!
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :I doubt he will in F1 next week. He is more likely to be in GP2 next year. There are a lot more F1 drivers right now than actual seats.

He should be given Webbers spot imo. /irony=off : )))

On a more serious note, congrats, it's going to be great to follow him whatever he ends up driving

Bottas is the man. Taking the GP3 crown, testing the GP2 and the Formula Renault 3.5, then going back to the F3s for the Macau GP. All of that within 2 months more or less.
He did 4th this morning, pretty good run.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96231

Pos Driver Team Time Laps
1. Jean-Eric Vergne Red Bull-Renault 1m40.707s 33
2. Jules Bianchi Ferrari 1m42.632s 34
3. Oliver Turvey McLaren-Mercedes 1m43.502s 35
4. Valtteri Bottas Williams-Cosworth 1m43.816s 47
5. Fabio Leimer Sauber-Ferrari 1m44.354s 34
6. Robert Wickens Renault 1m44.579s 29
7. Rodolfo Gonzalez Lotus-Renault 1m45.026s 44
8. Sam Bird Mercedes GP 1m45.564s 12
9. Max Chilton Force India-Mercedes 1m45.714s 42
10. Dani Clos HRT-Cosworth 1m46.922s 39
11. Stefano Coletti Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m47.008s 42
12. Adrian Quaife-Hobbs Virgin-Cosworth 1m47.292s 32

Bottas interview: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96226
#116 - Dmt
so, williams dont want Räikkönen anymore and instead of that they want Bottas race for them. :P
It would be amazing if he had a race drive next year - hopefully Maldonado can fund it.
Quote from Rappa Z :http://thecheckeredflag.mobsta ... ari%26q%3Dbottas%26sa%3DN

Bottas to be Williams reserve driver next year. He's suppose to get the majority of Friday test sessions and by the sounds of it he could very well be in the hot seat in 2013.

Great news

Quote from JPeace :Also gets a GP2 drive with Lotus ART to keep him busy I'm sure.

Lotus ART has announced its line-up long ago(Calado-Gutierrez).

I doubt it'd be a good idea for him to do both F1 practice and GP2 on the same week-ends, sounds like an overwhelming schedule. And since he's quite on the hot spot at the moment, not being on top straight away in GP2 will most likely hurt his reputation. Going straight from GP3 to GP2 isn't so easy, ask Gutierrez - even if Bottas has a lot more experience of course.

I'd rather see him in WSR, à la Ricciardo, if you want. AFAIK the dates aren't clashing, and he's done a test a few weeks ago already, can't recall with which team.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :I'd rather see him in WSR, à la Ricciardo, if you want. AFAIK the dates aren't clashing, and he's done a test a few weeks ago already, can't recall with which team.

Rumors says that Bottas will race for Tech 1 Racing alongside with LFS related driver Kevin Korjus. At least Kevin's manager told something like that in one estonian newspaper.
Quote from TypeRacing :Rumors says that Bottas will race for Tech 1 Racing alongside with LFS related driver Kevin Korjus. At least Kevin's manager told something like that in one estonian newspaper.

Better just rename it Team LFS then

Mighty strong line-up if that happens to be true anyway. Run for your lifes Carlin.
Why you even think they care about LFS
Oh well. Korjus is on FOX Junkies once in a while, better than nothing I guess

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG