The online racing simulator
London/UK Riots
(461 posts, started )
... and more interestingly apparently those arrested include social workers, graphic designers, and graduates. Not JUST the so-called poor youth.
Quote from Intrepid :... and more interestingly apparently those arrested include social workers, graphic designers, and graduates.

If they're graduates of social studies or graphic design then you've closed the case, Inspector.
What's stopping them using the armed forces?
(Apart from the fact that it would be an admission that the police force is incapable of dealing with the situation, and that the UK has socially descended into a state that warrants military action against its own people). I may have answered my own question, but more people are going to be killed, more homes and businesses destroyed, so how many deaths and acts of arson will it take, who comes up with that number? I think it's madness that they aren't in the picture already.
Quote from xaotik :Somehow a photograph of a building in London in flames with a german language caption over it only seems right if it's in black and white.

Lol!
Quote from xaotik :Somehow a photograph of a building in London in flames with a german language caption over it only seems right if it's in black and white.

you know your joke isnt very good when a german has made it prior to you... without even realizing

today during lunch i told a few colleagues about the pic
"and then theres an image of a london building on fire"
"from 1945?"
"............ from yesterday......."
Yeah a friend of mine is watching from his balcony.

Here's hoping it heads toward Deansgate and they burn down my workplace.
From Paul Lewis blog on the Gaurdian, worrying signs.

It was only a minor skirmish, but a potentially bad sign for community relations. Police, who have flooded the streets, were quickly on the scene when about 70 men started chasing local youths.

I wouldn't mention their ethnicity, but it seemed to be relevant. The men were white - in their 30s and 40s - and shouting that they wanted to get the "blacks" and "pakis". Lots of them seemed drunk. One man being held back by police shouted: "They're rats, they mugged my Auntie the other night."

Jay Bradley, 30, a witness, told me: "What happened here? What I just saw - everyone from this area aren't gonna have any looting.

What I saw was a couple of ethnic lads, if you can call them that, black lads, and they chased them away.

A lot of it is alcohol - I don't think the kids were doing anything. They were just on bikes and in masks.

But no-one around here is going to stand for any looting.

What are we supposed to do. The Co-op is closed and we're running out of food."

Also now it's moved north to Manchester, London seems to heavily policed for anything to seriously happen.....but the night is still young.

EDIT. Seems like Baseball is starting to take off in England http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/mov ... s_tab?tag=vglnk-uk-c77-21

(btw, can we not call this 'UK Riots' just yet. Still no sign of any riots in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland)
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :- I don't think the kids were doing anything. They were just on bikes and in masks.

Is that normal behavior in Britain?
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :Is that normal behavior in Britain?

Bikes yes, masks well no. However I would say that I've previously seen youths who would have scarf’s up over their mouths regularly for no obvious reason (In London and Glasgow) so maybe that's what she meant?

Still regardless its a worryingly turn of events and breakdown of relations.....mind there where a number of white people rioting last night as well so it's not a racial thing at all
Just spent 45 minutes walking 'round trying to find a shop that's open, followed some police cars and an ambulance only to find someone had rolled a Triumph Stag at a junction, nobody hurt though it seems.
Quote from sinbad :What's stopping them using the armed forces?
(Apart from the fact that it would be an admission that the police force is incapable of dealing with the situation, and that the UK has socially descended into a state that warrants military action against its own people). I may have answered my own question, but more people are going to be killed, more homes and businesses destroyed, so how many deaths and acts of arson will it take, who comes up with that number? I think it's madness that they aren't in the picture already.

The Military's role is to fight enemies of the state, the Police's role is to fight enemies of the people. When the Military are the Police, the people become the enemy of the state. It takes time to kit up enough police officers to tackle this sort of BS, officers from all over the country have gone down to London to help. And tonight there are 16k crushing skulls in London, so by this time next week expect 16k vacancies in the police force after they've all been sacked because of Labours ****ing stupid rules about policing riots. Which the Tories were too ****ing stupid to quash.

Sure the Military could have rolled out a few thousand soldiers in a couple of hours, but the Military are not trained to deal with this sort of role. They are trained to shoot to kill. Not to maintain the peace.
It's like poetry.

Poetry written by 2-year-old typing with their face.
And these illiterate 'tards wonder why they can't get jobs...
Meanwhile...

... hasn't he got the owling memo yet?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :In other words, "the political spectrum is outdated because I don't like where other people think I fall on it."

Nope,

because nearly all fall in nearly one place (as prooved here for instance), and there is a really big problem if they shut up all the others views and by chance... of course... find themselves wrong.

You say impossible.. well... turn the news on
Cameron looked at Clegg chuckled and said, "You know, I could throw a £1,000 note out of the window right now and make somebody very happy." Clegg shrugged his shoulders and replied, "I could throw ten £100 notes out of the window and make ten people very happy" Hearing their exchange, the pilot of plane said to his co-pilot," Such big-shots back there. I could throw both of them out of the window and make 28 million people very happy!"

London/UK Riots
(461 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG