The online racing simulator
London/UK Riots
(461 posts, started )
Quote from Shotglass :its what i was born to do

Abortion, hey Becky rose..don't you jump on this topic...it's for normal people that have normal relations
Quote from Becky Rose :Do not confuse Labour with being a left wing government, Blair and Brown where both centre right. 13 years of pseudo Conservatism later...

You're one to talk about being confused.
Quote from flymike91 :I can't say enough that I don't have blind faith in corporations. Some corporations do horrible things. There is no alternative to businesses, no one will ever do anything for free for very long, but we can shape their actions by either supporting them or not. If you don't like Wal-Mart, buy from an organic market.

Chomsky starts right out criticizing the nanny state hegemony, bailouts, and subsidies which I have always felt are barriers to free thinking, free markets, and personal responsibility. Chomky's problem has always lied in transforming free market theory into reality. While I support the rich in that they are as human as you or me and have equally complex emotions and aspirations, I don't believe in "too big to fail." This current economy has only strengthened that view. Everyone from the poorest to the richest should be equally able to fail, but there is a feeling from the Left that the rich should fail and the poor must succeed.

Good lord man, what's wrong with you..did you vote that women should still use socks for tampons..the world moves on..call it what it is...bunch of punks..I'd like to see that on my weekend out...i'd make them sleep in the weeds..and that goes for all my family and friends

@xaotic
I have to go broader because your ideology of powerlessness is what has created a global attitude of dependence and made it possible for the governments to become the nanny state. The corruption lies in the government, which exists in part to protect the people from the evils of corporation you have described. If it cannot or will not we pride ourselves in employing democracy to elect those who can. It is possible to become rich without being corrupt. I know this because the top philanthropists in the world are the richest people in the world. They are what we should strive to be if we strive to become wealthy, which not all of us do. We can all strive to be incorruptible.

Specifically to your statement, though. The same human nature that drives companies to poach fish in undeveloped nations also drove companies to make it possible to fly to the moon and back. That human nature can be guided towards goodness with the power of good people, but not towards fairness because there is no fairness to guide it towards.

Good lord Man, what's wrong with you..there is no fairness as you are being beatin to death..fight back..try that..hey mob..i'm a nice guy, i was just trying to put the fire out because....punch kick rob
Quote from Intrepid :Well if the wealthy weren't allowed to be wealthy that million dollars wouldn't exist in the first place...duh You'd get a situation like Venezula where thousands of businesses were shut. Or Britain in the 70s when all the wealthy people fled and the country when open handed to the IMF. You really don't want that.

If yo over tax people hmrc can actually see a reduction in revenues.

I live in Canada,33 million people in a huge resource bound country
A 7 year old died today by a gun..i'll go on the record and say it was a brown person Oh wait it was...
Quote from JJ72 :It's a matter of compounding earning, and the fact that you can earn money by just playing around with it.

Many people earn money that way - frontman of bonds, property agents, bank advisors. Sure there are skills involved, but it's soft skills, it's networking, while the hard maths are dealt by the back office. You don't need a finance degree to be an insurance agent, sometimes you don't even need a degree, because the system makes not investing so infavorable (our interest rate for saving account is at 0.03%) that you MUST invest. Because you must invest, the banks can set all sorts of unfair terms which garuntees they make a earning, while the people takes most of the risk.

It is one sided, the poor can do nothing to fight it, of course you can pay the dues and work your way up the hard way. But it is a long and slow process, while the oligopoly eats away your hard earnings pretty much by their own accord, food gets more expensive, medication gets more expensive, transport gets more expensive, the relative living standard has been going down consistently.

And that is the problem, there's only one way to be successful here unless you are really talented, really smart and really lucky. not everybody wants to be rich, most people just want to have a sufficient life, free time for their family and stability, this margin of comfort is getting smaller and we are forced to adopt a lifestyle of taking risk we can't afford. And things that doesn't make money straight away can't find the space to develop, like how can an art gallery compete with an international fashion brand for the same space? it eats away us culturally.

It's because the establishment is the first in line, has the most say in the society and they know they can suck money from poorer people as long as the status quo ain't disturbed.

If you wish to succeed and volunteer to take that risk, kudos to you, but people who just want to live a simple live should still have their choices, that's a healthy society.

I am not against capitalism....I am myself a small entrepreneur, a small business-man who wishes for financial success along with artistic achievement. I buy the idea of making a fortune with braveness and insight. But from what I see is that the big players, those who donate money on TV - neglects the most basic of stuff in social responsibility, while running their business - people are paid peanuts, forced to work overtime without compensation. Employers continuously trying to find loophole in the minimum pay law, while themselves go bidding for wines, arts, and other excesses.

The tax they are paying, and the money they are giving away..... ,a lot of them, are robbed from the poor. Just they robbed it very cleverly and silently.

After reading that, we have decided you're to poor to mug rod rape...your life seems to suck..need a loan?
Quote from Rappa Z :It should be noted that when you tax the rich all the money the government picks up is put back into your country. If the wealthy keep their money, they don't necessarily invest in there country. Instead, there money goes overseas to economies that are actually growing.

With all your money you would know, if you had any money you'd have a computer that would run Iracing..then you'd be someone..now get back to work
I obviously just woke up too early, I'm going back to bed.
Quote from PMD9409 :I obviously just woke up too early, I'm going back to bed.

Do that yah Kid...you're what 21 now. I need a nap happens when you are 45
Quote from AtomAnt :Abortion, hey Becky rose..don't you jump on this topic...it's for normal people that have normal relations

Ahem. Whilst I had not joined in your discussion with Shotglass, I feel that sniping on my sexuality is nothing short of a low insult with no humerous or constructive value what-so-ever. And yes, i'm in favour of abortion - to the extent I wonder why your parents never tried it with you...

Quote from AtomAnt :You're one to talk about being confused.

From politicalcompass.org,

Oh look, Gordon Brown is nowhere near left...
Quote from Becky Rose : And yes, i'm in favour of abortion - to the extent I wonder why your parents never tried it with you...

Quote from Becky Rose :Ahem. Whilst I had not joined in your discussion with Shotglass, I feel that sniping on my sexuality is nothing short of a low insult with no humerous or constructive value what-so-ever. And yes, i'm in favour of abortion - to the extent I wonder why your parents never tried it with you...

From politicalcompass.org,

Oh look, Gordon Brown is nowhere near left...

OMG you really take offence about people poking fun at your sexuality...you're not a very good ,what's the word
#439 - CSF
I blame Daily Mail readers.

Quote from AtomAnt :OMG you really take offence about people poking fun at your sexuality...you're not a very good ,what's the word

Sense it might be bye bye time again.
Quote from CSF :I blame Daily Mail readers.

Sense it might be bye bye time again.

agreed, dustin i can get used too but wtf is with atom :S
kids thats y u dont do drugs xD
Quote from AtomAnt :OMG you really take offence about people poking fun at your sexuality...you're not a very good ,what's the word

Offense? No. I'm actually a bit baffled by the whole thing.

You have a conversation with someone else, then randomly say the word "Abortion" followed by "Becky Rose dont you dare comment on this because you are gay and not normal".

Well

OF COURSE I'm going to suggest that you should have been aborted. It's my defacto state when somebody gets my attention. Most of the conversations I have with men start from the premise that I wish you where aborted and consist mostly of men trying to justify why they are in any way more valuable than the afterbirth they left behind shortly after first emerging into this world. Then you go and call me out on the topic of abortion and expect me not to comment on why your parents didn't abort you?

What I don't get is how your coment was in any way poking fun at my sexuality. I just don't get the joke? Is it funny to call someone gay, and when that person is gay suddenly it becomes ironic? Perhaps you are ill equipped to answer this because you are straight. *pauses* ... nope, that definitely didn't work as a joke.

*scratches head*
Quote from Becky Rose :.....

*scratches head*

seems hes been trolling the whole forum for a while now, being openly gay and one of the forums most recognisable "faces" probably makes him think that you are pretty easy to troll. My guess is hes about 12-13 and being gay is something to make fun of, you may well scratch your head there is no sense or structure to his posts/arguements.
#444 - CSF
Quote from kirmy :seems hes been trolling the whole forum for a while now, being openly gay and one of the forums most recognisable "faces" probably makes him think that you are pretty easy to troll. My guess is hes about 12-13 and being gay is something to make fun of, you may well scratch your head there is no sense or structure to his posts/arguements.

Sadly he's in his 50s at least....
Quote from CSF :Sadly he's in his 50s at least....

sweet baby jesus, i cant believe someone of 50 years of age has gone through life that far without picking up the simplest pieces of intelligence, and actually thinks the way he does
It's odd to me because I never used to be open about my sexuality, I only came out on these forums accidentally whilst high on morphine. If it wasn't for that half this forum would still be either flirting with me or calling me a man. *shrug* seems there's always a way the masses can disappoint me.
funny how a ten post streak can change a thread lol.

I don't pay much mind to Atom, which is easy now that he's banned. I think he has mental issues or drug problems and most of what he has said about himself on this forum is a fabrication. So if you think he's 50 and has a wife and children...look at his posts and tell me the person who wrote those is capable of interfacing with people.
Quote from flymike91 :look at his posts and tell me the person who wrote those is capable of interfacing with people.

People tend to be totally different on forums and in real life.

I'd love to just sit in a table with lerts and ant and just listen what they want to say about various things. I'm sure I'd have great time

Gay wormholes and stuff.
I notice on computers, older people tend to use deformed grammar alot.

AtomAnt was good at that.
Good lord what a cluster**** this all turned out to be ;/

What I wanted to say, or question: Is there anyone we know who have been hurt by the riots? Also, can someone write a summary of what happend and why? The media is just... well they try to do everything huge and wild, I just want the truth and not some BS behind the riots

London/UK Riots
(461 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG